Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#211794 by Pawel Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am
Hi there,well I'll go straight on
I have made a purchase at the website and now I've got serious doubts about legit of this site,please could somebody help with verification.
I have already used various online tools but they do not give a clear answer.
They are not very popular on internet,there is definitely something with this site,but they are on the web for four years and couldn't find any scam complaints about them(couldn't find any positive opinion either).
According to sites like whois,scamadviser or scamvoid some people(very few)made a purchase but nobody reported this site yet.
I'll be grateful if somebody who knows the thing could look closer on this one and share his opinion.
Regards.
http://www.titaniumjewellerysmart.co.uk
Advertisement

#211795 by AlanJones Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 am
First off, how and when did you pay for the items that you purchased? Their website says payment by Visa or Mastercard only, was that how you paid?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#211796 by AlanJones Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:39 am
A few things concern me about the site:

1. They claim to be "Titanium Jewellery UK", but their addresses on their contact page are:

Address:
Room 1927 50 Portland Place.
London.
W1N 3AH.
UK

Overseas Address:
Room 1105 LIPPO CENTRE TOWER 1
89 QUEENSWAY ADMIRALTY
HONG KONG

Both addresses are rooms in a serviced office.

They also give no telephone number on the site.

2. At the bottom of each page are Verisign and "McAfee Secure" logos. These are fake and are not proper certifications from the company, which doesn't inspire confidence.

3. On the "About Us" page, it says

Jack Brown
CEO TitaniumJewellerySmart.CO.UK

There is no company registered in the UK called "TitaniumJewellerySmart.CO.UK", which means that "Jack Brown" cannot be a CEO of them.

At best, I would say you are likely to get cheap fakes from China, at worst nothing.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#211798 by Pawel Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am
Yes I used Visa for this purchase,is there a possibility they could use details of my card now for futher frauds?
Is there also possibility to get dealt with this and a chance to getmoney back?
You also said that the mcafee logo is fake but this page says that their website is scanned for viruses daily.
http://www.webutations.info/go/review/t ... mart.co.uk
#211802 by AlanJones Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 am
Pawel wrote:Yes I used Visa for this purchase,is there a possibility they could use details of my card now for futher frauds?
Is there also possibility to get dealt with this and a chance to getmoney back?

You will have whatever protection is provided by "Visa" in your country, was it a visa credit card or a debit card? Also, which country are you in? Credit card fraud shouldn't be a concern as it looks like payments are processed by a third party and use SSL. Any fraudulent transactions that did appear should of course be raised with your card provider

You should be able to cancel your order and tell them that you want a refund. If they mess you around then speak to your bank.

Pawel wrote:You also said that the mcafee logo is fake but this page says that their website is scanned for viruses daily.
http://www.webutations.info/go/review/t ... mart.co.uk

Webutations.info is a random website that was set up in May and has no connection to McAfee - the fact that they claim the site is scanned for viruses daily is irrelevant as is the "WEBUTATION" score they give - the site could well be set up by scammers to make their ot her sites look reputable.

The site does not have McAfee Secure and are using a fake logo to make it look like they do.

#211803 by Pawel Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 am
I used visa debit,I'm in the UK and it's a Lloyd bank in UK,yes I do have anti-fraud enabled on this card and any transaction on each new website requires a sms approval,still it's better to ask.
Fraudsters doesn't often use a third party and SSL(I'm trying to cheer up myself).
I'ts the weekend I will not get a reply from them if I ask for a refund,however seems like it's the best solution like you said next step should be visiting the bank.
Thanks for you help I really appreciate,just wonder how did they last for four years without being reported anywhere(I have really spent some time trying to find info about their fraud activity).
Well thank you again hopefully I will get money back...
#211864 by Pawel Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:13 pm
Actually I've got one more question,the transaction was made at 22.07.14 have anyone got idea why this didn't appear on my statement,it usually takes 24hr for transaction to be updated