Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#167503 by GuidoSteven Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 pm
I try to buy a tractor from a web page ,after that like a company answer and promis me only good services like ":
the tractor is in good condition,i also speak with them on the phone and they speak like nigerian with a bad english,after that i ask the invoice and they send me some some copy paper and a bank account to make the payment:

Bank Account Holder: Mr. Casian Bianu
Bank Name: Barclays Bank plc
Bank Address: 184-186 High Street, Acton, W3 9NH, UK
Bank Sort Code: 209260
Bank Account No: 00110116
Bank IBAN: GB16BARC20926000110116
Bank Swift Code: BARCGB22

ask me to pay ,and from this moment all was strange a company with a private holder and then i search the company on google,i was a happy man to find all this here. thank you guys,hope this details will help some one
Advertisement

#167551 by TerranceBoyce Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:39 pm
They've given you the wrong bank address to attempt to mislead you GuidoSteven and I can easily research the real details and confirm the account.

I'm setting up a database and I will confirm the details.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167593 by martin o'sullivan Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 am
TerranceBoyce wrote:One problem, martin o'sullivan, appears to be that companies advertise machinery for sale they don't own, and don't hold on their premises. In fact some of them are non-trading companies, so they couldn't sell them if they wanted to, and the most innocent interpretation I can put on their actions, is that they're operating as agents, whether officially or unofficially, but they don't state this on their website.

At best this is 'sharp' practice' but it appears to have opened up the opportunity for criminals to do the same thing, but without any intention of ever supplying any machine. To some extent I can tell from the prices being quoted which are the genuine and original ads, and which are the fakes.

Though the victims appear to be largely based in Eastern Europe, the ultimate victim will be the legitimate UK machinery selling businesses who are going to be tainted by the activities of these criminals, even those not actually being impersonated.

Yes I agree with most of that, I have sold tools for other third parties in the past and I am not required to inform anyone as long as I pay the Income Tax on the profit I earn. Obviously bigger companies than me sell bigger machines therefore the prices are bigger and this is why the scammers are getting involved.

Machinery may be slightly cheaper in the UK than in Europe but it is not significant, you will get the odd deal that is good but if you see a website where all prices are 20% of what they should be you need to ask yourself why !

With regards to bank accounts, I am a sole trader, I dont have a business name as such and I use my personal bank account for all my banking and am told this is perfectly ok by my accountant as long as i declare everything to HMRC (Tax Office).

Before, scammers used to use western union for payments but people obviously caught on and were warned not to do it, now the scammers have found a new way by using bank accounts, quite how they do this I dont know but they must be very clever. when I go to my existing bank to open another account I must provide all sorts of information including showing my passport even though the manager knows me so how are these people doing it?
#167650 by alibaba888 Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:19 pm
martin o'sullivan wrote:Can banks not reverse payments? Surely if there is a fraud involved banks should reverse the payment back to the person who sent the payment.

Hi Martin also wonder about what you wrote

,,, Can not reverse payments banks? Surely if there is a fraud Involved Should banks reverse the payment back to the person who sent the payment,,,

I'm interested in this issue because my friend also like you has been used by criminals, but in the form of financing, and this is what you wrote it might be a good clue: take a bank because That is where the offender has opened an account, and if you did it with false documents to the bank is Responsible for Their acceptance and held accountable? Well I understand That you wanted to say?
Thank you for the good advice and I'm sorry That you have been the victim of identity theft.
Galas.
Last edited by alibaba888 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#167664 by jolly_roger Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:53 pm
martin o'sullivan wrote:Can banks not reverse payments? Surely if there is a fraud involved banks should reverse the payment back to the person who sent the payment.

martin. I'm sending a Private Message to you. Please read it.
#167698 by Fenrych Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 am
Hi everyone!!!

In March I have bought tractor from RH Engineering Solutions and I lost a lot of money.
I reported fraud in police station and Action Fraud as well.

I saw that someone paid for them money too.

Please contact me if you are defraud like me.

I think if we come all together we could change the situation.

Please help me because I don't know what doing because police just doing nothing
#167708 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 am
Only the banks know who's operating behind the bank accounts being used, and they aren't telling.

The situation is quite hopeless and I'm not going to research the matter any further as I can't see the point if the banks and the police in the UK aren't interested.

The only protection for foreign buyers can be for them not to trust using UK bank accounts. We know that fraudsters are using them, but have no knowledge as to whether or not anything is being done.

CIFAS state that there were 45,000 money mule transactions in the UK last year. Presumably then 45,000 people lost money and it would be interesting know what, if anything, happened to the 'mules'.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167710 by martin o'sullivan Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 am
WARNING WARNING WARNING

mpo-plant.com is now live again, and agian my details are all over it,

PLEASE DO NOT SEND THESE BASTARDS ANY MONEY, YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN FROM THEM.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW i CAN GET THIS SITE TAKEN DOWN PLEASE ADVISE
#167763 by mgmsol Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm
TANGO DOWN!

Quick SQL injection attack on their contact us page sorted them out..... Also rang the number on the site. Somebody calling themselves "David Nora" answered the phone. I questioned him for a while before the phone went dead.

I suspect the phone number they are using [+44 (203) 2870329] has been supplied by sipgate.co.uk. I am going to send a mail to them and ask that they shut it off.
#167768 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:25 pm
I must admit that this type of name formation is indicative of a West African source, which I didn't believe was the case.

#167877 by martin o'sullivan Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm
The dirty bastards have uploaded one of my photos from ebay onto their site mpoplantltd.com I didnt want to mention my ebay account on this forum as I didnt want these scammers linking it if they read these posts but it seems now that this is where they have got my details from.

They must have taken my VAT number from my ebay account and searched it on HMRC companies house and then taken my name and address.

The photo I am refering to is on the products page under the tab "other", this is my business selling hydraulic breakers and all those breakers in the photo are mine.

So a bit more information for those of you investigating.