Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#197518 by justoletyouknow Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:45 pm
There's this website (party-beans.com) says they sell ecstasy (MDMA) on the internet. I wouldn't believe it but searched the web and nothing came up wrong about them. Even the emails weren't suspicious so gave it a go with the minimum order. Of course I got nothing so I'm posting this alert so anyone else who's tempted can know that it's a scam. They even gave out their name to pick up money from WU so they're probably not professionals:
First name :: DAMIAN
Last name :: LUCRETIU

PARTY-BEANS.COM IS A SCAM
Advertisement

#197557 by TerranceBoyce Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 am
Welcome to Scamwarners justoletyouknow.

Buying anything off the internet from people or companies you know nothing about is a risk, but when you're buying something ILLEGAL, you can be sure that you're going to be duped, whether it's fake ID's, cc details or illegal substances.

Someone offering illegal goods or services is never going to provide you with details that would enable you to trace him otherwise it would be too easy for the police to Google and arrest him. That being the case, if you send him money, bearing in mind that he's a criminal, he's going to rip you off.

Having tried to read the rambling wording on the website I'm surprised that you took it seriously, and though I'm no expert on the subject, the impurities in the pills he's offering for sale are visible to the naked eye and the pill on the far right looks as if it's been left out in the rain overnight. Touching any of that stuff would be taking a massive risk and if you passed it on to anyone else the ramifications would be very serious for you personally.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#198296 by justoletyouknow Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm
I've never seen one so I can't tell the difference. I actually needed it for professional reason, believe it or not. And yes, I was 99% sure I was gonna be duped. It was a long shot and missed:)

Thanks for your feedback.
#198315 by TerranceBoyce Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 pm
In my youth, some years back, I was surprised to discover that I could buy prescription drugs required for mountaineering in supermarkets in Nepal. Realising that I would have lots of hassle getting anti hypoxia drugs from my GP is sounded like a good idea.

That was before the trade in counterfeit drugs was well known and, of course, Nepal being in close proximity to China it was likely I was relying on useless medicines. Even if they weren't themselves dangerous, they could have killed me simply through being ineffective.

Now that I'm older, I do my best to even avoid prescription drugs when I haven't been persuaded that there is a good reason to take them. The worst way to test any drug is to put it in your mouth.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle