Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#206735 by HannahsDad Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:04 pm
Brixton Rentals at http://brixtonrentals.com
In 1999, we opened our head office in central Brixton. From the start, we wanted to meet your expectations at every step. It's proved so popular with our customers, we've grown to occupy four offices in and around Brixton.

We've never wanted to be like every other estate agent. So, our 123 package gives you a choice of convenient solutions. Whichever you choose, you'll wonder how estate agents got away with charging so much for so long.

Located in the old bank building is the engine room of our successful lettings business. Covering the whole of Lancashire through our extensive branch network, this business has exceeded all of our expectations since opening in 1999. If you have any questions regarding the rental market, feel free to pop in and ask the experts.

34-44 Tunstall Road
Brixton, SW9 8DA
London, UK
Company Reg. No. 07123542
t. +44 779 078 3301
f. +44 872 331 3421
e. [email protected]
Staff contacts
Branch Manager – Dave House
Negotiator – Andy Bennett
Maintenance Co-ordinator – Becky Glass
Administrator – Nicola McCambridge
Administrator – Emily Leppier

Steals the identity of the UK registered company
BRIXTON SOLUTIONS LTD
STUDIO 7, TUNSTALL STUDIOS
34-44 TUNSTALL ROAD LONDON SW9 8DA
Company No. 07123542
Date of Incorporation: 13/01/2010
Nature of Business (SIC): 68209 - Other letting and operating of own or leased real estate

Domain registered 13 th June 2014 for 1 year only
Appears to be a rip off of House + Co at http://www.houseandco.co.uk
Last edited by HannahsDad on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

#213718 by Scott123 Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:16 am
I have recently been looking for an apartment in Doha and inquired on a local board. A guy came back to me with lots of details and said that he would hold the property open for me for over a month, which was pretty strange. And then I got this interesting response...

"
Hello Scott,

Thank you for replying.
The property is managed by Brixton Residential, a local real estate agency, specialized in international transactions.
In fact, they've helped me buy the property in the first place.
Their website is: http://www.BrixtonRentals.com .
They will arrange a viewing for you, and handle the payments and contract.
Also if you have any questions, feel free to give them a call because I might not always be available. You can find their number on the Contact page of the website.
They've already got a set of keys to the apartment so here's what you have to do:

1. Please visit http://www.BrixtonRentals.com/register.html , and fill out the registration form with your details.
2. The agency will then send you an invoice for the deposit and first month rent along with payment instructions
This is just to reserve the viewing, and not a commitment. You will make your final decision only after seeing the apartment.
3. After you pay the rent and deposit, the agency will book the viewing for you, and within 2-3 days, one of their agents will arrive to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities. You just tell them when you're available.
4. If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you will sign the contract and receive the keys.
Next rents will be paid monthly, directly to my account
I'm quite confident you will like it, but if you don't, you still have the option to cancel, and get your deposit and rent back from the agent, immediately.

I'm paying for the services of the agency, so there will be no extra costs for you.
Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you. You will move in when you are ready

If everything is ok for you, please register with the agency so we can begin.
I've also attached a copy of my passport to this email as a sign of good faith. Sorry about the unflattering photo :)

I would appreciate a quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Best Regards,

----------------------------
Dr. Phillip Leonard Doughty
37 Redbourne Avenue,
London, N3 2BP
United Kingdom
Tel: 0750 7183 921
[email protected]

"
Attached was a copy of a passport which was completely un-necessary and bizarre. With that in mind I decided to check the doctors database for the guy and unsurprisingly he is not listed. Then I did the relevant checks on the company and came across this very helpful post.
#223691 by Mike Wilson Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:46 pm
The website is in the process or being reported fro fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon