You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#50917 by John DeLaney Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 am
Another lottery scam, all the way from Nigeria.

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 82.128.14.146
Originating ISP: Multi-Links Telecommunications Limited
City: Bénin
Country of Origin: Nigeria
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Received: by 10.227.23.198 with SMTP id s6cs25165wbb;
Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:14:24 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.90.19.32 with SMTP id 32mr3397544ags.16.1302394463794;
Sat, 09 Apr 2011 17:14:23 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail.rosario-conicet.gov.ar (mail.cerider.gov.ar [168.96.15.28])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id f10si10726518anh.77.2011.04.09.17.14.22;
Sat, 09 Apr 2011 17:14:23 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 168.96.15.28 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=168.96.15.28;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 168.96.15.28 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 19144 invoked by uid 89); 9 Apr 2011 20:42:17 -0300
Received: from localhost.cerider.gov.ar (HELO mail.ifir-conicet.gov.ar) ([email protected]@127.0.0.1)
by mail.rosario-conicet.gov.ar with SMTP; 9 Apr 2011 20:42:17 -0300
Received: from 82.128.14.146
(SquirrelMail authenticated user [email protected])
by mail.ifir-conicet.gov.ar with HTTP;
Sat, 9 Apr 2011 20:42:17 -0300 (ART)
Message-ID: <5c8212768de450261dc226ebbf82b85c.squirrel@mail.ifir-conicet.gov.ar>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 20:42:17 -0300 (ART)
Subject: BLACKBERRY WINNING NOTIFICATION!!!
From: "BLACKBERRY MOBILE LOTTERY PROMO" <[email protected]>

from BLACKBERRY MOBILE LOTTERY PROMO <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
to
date Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM
subject BLACKBERRY WINNING NOTIFICATION!!!

hide details 11:42 AM (4 hours ago)

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn more

Congratulations Dear Winner!

KINDLY NOTE::: REPLY TO:: [email protected] FOR YOUR CLAIMS
TODAY!

The entire members of Staff and Management of BLACKBERRY MOBILE
are happy to announce and congratulate you for being a winner in
the just-concluded BLACKBERRY MOBILE LOTTERY PROMO FOR for the prize of
1,650,000.00 GBP(Great
Britain Pounds Sterlings) which was held on the 9th of April, 2011.

You are one of the selected 18 Winners in this year BLACKBERRY'S MOBILE
LOTTERY PROMO.This BLACKBERRY MOBILE LOTTERY PROMO NOTIFICATION ALERT was
conducted from an
Exclusive List of 21,000,000 Million internet users' e-mail addresses of
individuals and
corporate entities cutting accross the globe, picked by the (BlackBerry
Advanced Automated Random Computer
Ballot Search System -BAARCBSS ) from on the internet as part of our
International
Promotions/social Programs for this current year.A free Lottery it is!
Note:: No tickets were sold!

The Ticket No BB50500 was attatched to your email address which eventually
won you the 1,650,000.00 GBP(Great Britain Pounds Sterlings) prize in the
third batch (3)!

Your Winning Number is UK-094517-BB
and your Bonus Number is BB-0446-MP

You are to contact the Blackberry Prize Claims Agent
immediately to file for your claims with the below::

Full Name.....................
Sex...........................
Winning Number................UK-094517-BB
Age.......................
Occupation....................
Mobile No.....................
Email Address.......
Residential Contact...........
Marital Status................
Region...............
State and Nationality.........

NOTE::: DO ALWAYS CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR FURTHER CLAIMS INSTRUCTIONS!
Regent Mayfair Building,
4th Floor, 153-155 Street,
London W1B 4JE, UK

Phone...+44-70-45739682
[email protected]

Sign....Management.

John DeLaney
Advertisement

#64096 by Chris Wilcock Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:11 am
Today received an SMS message which may be a derivative of this email-scam. It is, however, far more amateurish in appearance.

Your Mobile Number Have won 650,000 Pounds in BackBerry Mobile Lotto. To Get Prize send BB-11 to: [email protected]. Tell: +1 888 637-0096 (sic)

While I am far from certain the same agency is responsible for this latest effort, the use of 'Blackberry Mobile Lotto' and '650,000 Pounds' raises the possibility of a follow-up effort or copycat attempt.
For more information, whocallsme.com has a live thread with over a dozen complaints and queries regarding this scam, though some details vary slightly:

whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/905338664991

(Apologies if this is not strictly connected with internet fraud per se; the possibility that this was/is indeed the work of the same agency responsible for the posted email-thread was enough to respond, in the hope that more information may be gathered on both scam-agencies.)
#64117 by Arnold Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:01 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Chris, and thanks for posting that.
There's no need to apologise, as we welcome reports of scams circulated other than by email. Our sole purpose is to try and stop people being scammed. email ones are just the most common, that's all.
Scammers do share scripts, but it's also possible that two or more came up with the idea of a Blackberry variant independently.

#64178 by aussie_girl62 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 pm
I too have received the "mobile" version of this scam. A quick check via Google revealed it for what it is - given I don't live in the UK it would be unusual to win a lottery there as well as a Blackberry Lotto as I have an iPhone!

The number it came from uses a +90 country code which is actually for Turkey - assuming it is legit.

Had to chuckle to myself that if at any-time in my life I was to win £650,000 it would be when the exchange rates have been as bad as they have been for 20 years!

Regards

Sarah
#70126 by Aus_Made39 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:28 am
I have today been receiving texts from +447967108285.....message is as:

(Code:BB19772)....RIM-Blackberry has awarded you 2,000,000 Pounds, email NAME, COUNTRY to: [email protected].

I must say they are very persistant as I got three texts within 5 minutes....have since turned my mobile off. I would like to know how these people get mobile phone numbers..?? Hope I have helped some-one from being scammed... :D
#86619 by aidomary Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 am
I got an MMS about this today, no number just came from bbclaimagent.com,,I'm in Ireland but apparently my mobile number won 500,000.00 in the Netherlands Blackberry Promo....
#158574 by angelcat_libra20 Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am
Received the ff when I opened my email today. Notice how they sent it to "Recipients" and I never got an email like this before..

"From: Blackberry Mobile <[email protected]>
To: Recipients <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:54 AM
Subject: You Have Won $150,000.00

BlackBerry® Mobile Promotion
Lot K106, 1st Floor
Low Yat Plaza
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia.

Attn: Winner, This is to bring to your notice that you have been approved by BlackBerry® Mobile Promotion to receive the pay out sum of $150,000.00 (One Hundred And Fifty Thousand United State Dollars) for this year 2013 email on-line lottery program.

Reply back with the below information for your claims.
1.Full Name: 2.Contact Address:
3.Occupation: 4.Sex
5.Phone Number: 6.Age:

For more enquirers contact e-mail: [email protected]

Mr. Alex Mohammed
Proudly sponsored by Black-Berry® Malaysia Inc.

Congratulation's once again!

Regards,
Mrs.Farah Amir
Promotion Coordinator
BlackBerry® Promotion Satisfaction is guaranteed."

also this peculiar looking email that i also think is a scam:

"From: Azim Ahmad bin Nor Ahmad <[email protected]>
To:
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:21 PM
Subject: "Crawford's Orphanages and Children's Homes"

Hello Beloved,

I'm Mrs. Helen Crawford resident in Penang, Malaysia suffering from Leukemia. I was
married to Mr. William Crawford a Malaysia base shipping tycoon notable for his great
wealth, influential extended family and charitable activities all his life before his
death. My husband died after a protracted illness in October 7th, 2009. Our life
together as husband and wife lasted for about two and a half decades without a child.

My late husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged
individuals in the society, as we both had passion for those people who cannot help
themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament. I can adduce the fact
that, we needed a Child from our marriage which never came. When my late husband was
alive, he invested in stocks the sum of Forty Million United States dollars
($40,000,000.00), which he derived from his vast investment in capital market with a
Security Company here in Malaysia and named me as the sole beneficiary of this trust
funds upon his demise (all records are kept with my family lawyer).

Presently, the funds are still with the Security Company.

Just yesterday, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live, due to the Leukemia
problems that I have been suffering from. What bothers me most is the Hypoglycemia that
I have in addition with the Leukemia. With the hard reality that has befallen me, I
have decided to donate the funds to you and I want you to use the gift which comes from
my late husband effort to establish a charity Foundation called "Crawford's Orphanages
and Children's Homes" for the upkeep of widows, orphans, destitute, the down- trodden,
physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely
handicapped financially around you, as it is often said that blessed is the hand that
giveth.

I took the bold decision to contact you, because I do not have any child to inherit the
money and my late husband relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons that will
misuse and invest the money into ill perceived ventures if willed to them, instead of
helping the poor in a worthy manner.

I do not need any telephone communication in this regard, due to my deteriorating
health and also because of the presence of my husband relatives around me, as I am
currently bedridden in my husband Family house here in Georgetown, Penang and do not
receive any visitors unless approved by my late husband immediate younger brother and I
do not want him or the rest of the family members to know about this development, in
order to safeguard this bequest.

So, I want you to immediately Contact my family lawyer Barrister Paul Wesley
([email protected]) and tell him that I have willed the funds to you by
quoting my personal reference number Law/chamber/solicitor/rt/cfd/WILL/my/983/7520212,
as I have today earlier authorized him to issue a Letter of Authority in your favor to
the Security Company handling the stocks as soon as you contact him. He will also
endorse my WILL, where you will be named as the sole beneficiary of the trust funds.
Please ensure to provide to him, all that he may require to finalize the arrangement,
and make sure you maintain a confidential and cordial relationship with him even in my
absence, because he is a very trust worthy and caring person.

My happiness today is that, my life is worthy of emulation and I want you to do the
same too, by been kind hearted all through your life. Please, remember to put me in
your daily prayers, because it is what i need the most right now.

With Love,
Mrs. Helen Crawford.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean."