Information on romance scams and scammers.
#78224 by Helen Halper Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, smalltowngirl32!
I'm really sorry to heat that you lost money to the scammer using the name Jim Newberry. Yes, these criminals know how to "say the right things". Everything that they say is geared towards gaining their victims trust, in order to steal their money. They are lying thieves.

Thank-you for posting. The info that you posted could help save other potential victims! :D

Advertisement

#78528 by ratt84 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:53 pm
Jim Newberry
Self Employed Entrepreneur
CEO · Jan 2009 to present · Auburn, Washington
Gem Merchant

... currently abroad to accomplish my gem transaction ...

... didn't respond earlier ..its because I have been trying to round up the last project for the year...

IP: 24.74.42.231
Hostname: cpe-024-074-042-231.carolina.res.rr.com
ISP: Road Runner
socks 5 proxy

#78651 by began steele Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:39 pm
Bubbles is our saviour here! I see you as fairly new Katt. Mods are fairly long suffering in SW. WATCH OUT for Michelle though, she is a KILLER. Sorry dear MOD. Happy xmas.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#78657 by ratt84 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:42 pm
as Jim Newberry goes by [email protected] too
it was tempting to write him again :lol:

Hey xxx,
I am so sorry I haven't been in touch...been away for work and just got back online.I'd so want to know a lot more about you.When is a good time to get hold of you?Can we chat sometimes?Write back soon and have a happy Holiday.
Jim

Received: from [41.155.18.193]
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 04:03:51 -0800 (PST)

Lagos, Nigeria
#79254 by smalltowngirl32 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 pm
Thanks for posting those pictures. I was hoping he hasn't changed anything so we can keep people informed. However, I also hope people check things out here first before being scammed. I did notice he took himself off several sites since I confronted him. I noticed that he is still working hard at scamming, beware of Jim Newberry!!
#105333 by aznlady76 Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 pm
Oh this is hilarious!!
Whomever this man is used the name Sonny Simone on me HAHAHA Unfortunately for him, I'm not stupid. Right away I knew something was "off" with this guy.
Unfortunately I hate to admit this but I initiated contact with him on match.com (his name is sonnyskyeyes122) b/c his profile seemed normal. NOPE :) His response back to me was just too much! I mean the "sweet" words and compliments, I KNEW something was up. I engaged in maybe a day of emails and I kept telling him I don't believe he's the real deal. I'm pretty convinced he views women as brain dead morons who can be wooed with a few pretty words. Ironically when he'd say stuff I wouldn't swoon like he wanted. My gut told me something was up. So I thought I'd do a reverse image search using a site called tineye.com ( i was only able to use this once though but google works!) and TA DA I was brought to the website of Jonathan Parker :) In response to a message from him where he AGAIN tried to woo me with pretty words, I sent him a screen shot of Jonathan's website and said "care to explain? Always trust your gut, that's my motto. Seeing that you've falsified yourself and lie, we no longer need to communicate with each other."
Never in my life did it feel so good to be right :) I know this chain is old but I'm hoping SOMEONE reads it and is aware that this crap for brains loser is still out there :) Poor Jonthan Parker :)
#110598 by began steele Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm
UPDATE.
Charles P http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5966629971
jon under photo
1. http://www.scamwarners.com/ . View topic - Dutch/American ..gem merchant in Nigeria
viewtopic.php?f=13&p=105333
2. he is using the name Jim Newberry
email: [email protected]
3. Rob Erikson/ Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/rob.erikson
4. Murphy Hudson (murphy41) on Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/531730334
5. Remus Roulus/Facebook
http://ro-ro.facebook.com/remus.romulus.33

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#175701 by gcad Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:34 pm
This guy is also running under Morgan Carroll of Morgan Interior design. He stole a interior design firms website and is parading as a interior designer out of Oklahoma. The true firms building partners that have been contacted by a victim from Canada asking for his reference info. Be careful, he is still out there.
#175960 by jaynewil Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:38 am
This man is now using the name Joseph Morgan, claims he was living in Oklahoma and working as a Interior Designer. He stole the website of a reputed designer in Tuscan, Arizona. After I was put in touch with him regarding an interior design project he claimed he had to go to Cape Town on an eight week job. In that time we communicated by email. But I became suspicious when he asked me to but Iphone gift cards, said he couldn't get them in SA, help him fix a machine $185,000.00 US, yes you saw the number right and then send him a ticket to come to Vancouver. Then he needed $10,000.00 to ship his machine to USA. I never sent any money but I did start digging around his website and contacting his "partners" and googling his pictures and found out his pictures were of a model named Jonathan Parker, his partners had never heard of him and the designs were someone elses. So I contacted him and asked him to explain and sent him all the information I found but have never heard back from him. I wonder why he won't contact me again. Maybe the police have contacted him since I report him to the local authorities. Sad little person, I was hoping to have some fun at your expense with this. Everyone else be careful, he's a smooth talker.
#301428 by superscruf Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:34 pm
Hey, all!

Our friend Joseph Morgan is no longer a gem merchant. Now he works for Publisher's Clearing House. Congratulate me! I just won $1.3M USD, and a Mercedes Benz, my choice of color! I chose silver :D Of course, we all know the Tax Man wants his piece, so the Company Joseph works for paid the taxes for me. Well, most of them. All I had to do was send like 1% of the cost of the taxes, which came out to $299. I was hoping to meet an actual person somewhere with the police, but when I found out he wanted me to go to Western Union and I'd not meet an actual person, I put him on hold. Then I went to a meeting. Not sure how long he stayed on the line, but he did call me back twice while I was in the meeting. Good thing my ringer was off - that would have been 2 rounds of beer! Oh - he was calling me from a mobile phone registered in Jamaica. 1-876-584-0206. Keep an eye out for this number. I'm hoping this post gets scanned by Google and makes it in the search results, in case anyone else gets a call from this guy. They'll see this post and it may help them to better understand our friend Joseph Morgan, or Morgan Carroll, Sonny Simone, Jim Newberry, or whatever else he may be calling himself by time the next person sees this.
#301523 by ohr007 Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:38 am
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL , we've got the same on-line LOVER but mine was a Marine Engenieer ; He sent me the same identical e-mail :laugh-s: Twice ; another one was linked to Ronan Keating's If tomorrow never comes ! Thank GOD it never came :laugh-s: !!!!
''What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her heart across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you.I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my feelings for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence now. ''