Information on romance scams and scammers.
#198672 by Goodprey Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:34 pm
Dear all,
I am afraid I took a gperfect username on here :mrgreen: ! It seems that I found a new one. I don't know how to check where he is contacting me from, because the IP gives Microsoft in WA. But 2 things made me think he might be a scammer : first he never answers to the phone number he gave me in North Carolina - indeed it is the NC area) and says he doesn't know why he tried to call back but it did not seem to work - to let you know I call from France. Second, he finally gave me his email address on hotmail.com but the IP does not help. Then he wrote a very long email about love, which seems weird to me because he is supposed to be an architect, so well educated. I will post an extract below. And to finish, he added pictures as I requested for, and what surprised me was the length of the file number for each pictures : exactly the same you get when you "save as" a picture from a Facebook profile, with a long long list of numbers... Why would a person download his pics from FB? Oh, I forgot, from the very first email on OKC he said he was a widow with a son (wink wink) his wife having passed away while giving birth, which surprised me in such a modern country like USA nowadays - remember he is an architect and posted high wages on his OKC page. He says is is from Czech Republic and moved to USA. Here is an extract from his last email : (what do you think?). I don't know that much about american guys, but I don't remember they end their emails like "Always, Andrew". and by the way the quote he mentioned about love is not from a "novel" he read lately, but known as being from Mother teresa...

"How are you doing? Hope you had a nice day? The sun sets in the evening with the promise that it will rise again tomorrow. I hope your wonderful day comes to a close with the promise that it will be even more wonderful tomorrow. Good evening! sorry i'm writing now, i have been very occupied all this while so i had to wait till now so i can write you something better as i wouldn't want to write just a few words.

Thanks for your email. it was really nice to read back from you again.There is this quote i came across recently while reading a novel that i would love to share with you. It says: “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” So here is a big SMILE for you, i hope it keeps you happy and bring LOVE to you. XXXXXX, i sincerely appreciate our correspondence so far and I'm glad we can get across to each other through emails for a better correspondence.. Like i told you before, i believe in communication to ascertain if two people are capable of co-existing among themselves. I believe both partners in a relationship should take out the time to communicate and learn much about their selves both from the inside to the outside before settling for a relationship. Some marriages these days tend to experience divorce and breakups withing a short while because they fail to learn much about themselves before settling for a relationship...i want you to know that i'm willing to invest my time in communicating with you, no matter how things turns out. I would love to know every bit of you..l would really be pleased not only chatting and talking with you but having a great commitment with you on the long run in future which is the utmost purpose for writing you my first letter after looking into your profile and chatting with you on the dating site.Though we have said much about ourselves but i think we still have alot more to do...Alright, let me tell you a little more about myself and i hope you do thesame in your next email. Just like i wrote on my profile I`m a normal spirited man,who`s loving,caring compassionate, understanding and likes listening to my woman. I wants to meet an average woman to share same, experiences and common knowledge to create a more fruitful and beautiful future for the both of us,I'm not searching for a night stand or flirt,I need a woman who's caring and loving to spend the rest of my life with.I crave for a woman who will be my soul mate till death.Honesty is my key and i have alot of love and romance to offer to that special woman and i won't settle for less... I have a 5years old son, he is all i have got and he means the whole world to me...talking about what i do for fun,lol,l wish you know how much l love playing with waters,and l love fishing as well,just for fun ,but trust me l`m a fish when l get inside the waters. I grew up around water.I'm laid back and I will not argue with anyone.Life is too short to spend it alone.I enjoy the quiet times but I miss having a good woman in my life.Someone that will complement my life as I would hope to complement her life.Love is very important to me,Love to me is that never ending feeling about that one person that has stolen your heart, mind and soul. It is the good, the bad and everything in between. That one person that when you have had the worst day ever, knowing that the sound of their voice, their smile or the touch of your hand will make everything right.I never dreamed that I'd be alone at this great time of my life but sometimes i still think maybe it's for a reason....Lets get to know more about each other and see if we click at all.I would like to find someone that just wants to be with me and see where things go.

Please i know i have asked this before, but i really wouldn't mind asking again....LOL.. what is your choice man? I will stop for here for now while i hope to read back from you and learn more about you and your kind of man you need for a relationship.... Lastly, i added some of my recent pics for you.. I hope you like them? Please try to add some of yours in your next reply.

Do take good care of yourself and have a good night rest when you sleep

Always,

Andrew."
Advertisement

#198676 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm
Yes, he is a scammer. If you post the phone number I will take a look at it. All the phone number will be helpful to others.

He will not talk on the phone because you hear his African accent.

You are not magnet to scammer. The reason is 99.9% of everyone you meet on a dating site will be a scammer.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#198678 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm
The number is a mobile number with a generic voice mail. Not something that a normal American would do. It could be a number that he had a past or present victim set up for him.

704 -412-6077

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#198679 by Goodprey Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm
Ok thank you for the information. I guess I will unsubscribe from OKC if there are so many scammers on it. I should not be surprised because after all it is a free site... Still, I went there because it was rather well rated by French websites just we have to speak English :wink: . But even if it is very helpful to chase scammers, it is also always a rough experience, women will think all men are bad, and so men will. That is a pity.
#198680 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:23 pm
You will also find 99.9% on paid site as scammers as well.

Scammers on paid sites will message 1,000's of women as many as they can with in a few days. They do this because the site will find out they used a stolen credit card to sign up.

The scammer will want you to contact him on his email address. Preferably yahoo. This way he can chat with you. He will tell you that he removed his profile because he could not find someone, subscription expired or he believes you are the one.

Keep in mind. Never send money to anyone for any reason. No matter how bad they make it sound or excuse. If someone wants your money you need to meet them face to face and know them.

#198681 by Goodprey Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm
Oh, don't worry about the money : I work too hard to send money to anyone I have not met before ! This happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago, my first scammer : as long as he started to ask for money for his boy to go to the hospital, I disapeared and never sent a dime ! At this time I did not know about scammers and had no clue he could be an African or whoever. It was a guy who had contacted me via Myspace. I came to know a bit later about "romance scammers". So I am lucky enough to save my money, I am more afraid of the disaster they can do for the heart ! In France I saw a report on TV lately, they just start to figure about African scammers too. We saw an incredible story of a french white man who let down his wife and spent a lot a money for a supposed beautiful white girl in Africa... He finally decided to go and see her, and guess what? He fell in love with the African scammer !!!! You can see the disaster, the guy is so emotionnaly destabilized and fragile that he would fall in love with anyone ! He fell in love with a dream ! This story really shocked me, people really underestimate the falls out.