Information on romance scams and scammers.
#216540 by legionlady14 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 pm
He uses Facebook, Yahoo mail and Yahoo Messenger to lure women into a dialogue then he claims you are the women of his dreams and can't wait to meet you in person. His latest scam: "I have run out of money to purchase building supplies. My business insurance would send you a check. You deposit the check and then wire me the money because the insurance co will not wire money overseas. " A few days later you get a call saying the check is a forgery. Meanwhile, Mr. scammer has the money and you are out the money.
Advertisement

#216541 by legionlady14 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm
well I met him on Facebook in Jan, 14. he claims to be a civil engineer stationed in LA. Has 2 sons, wife died of cancer. In Feb he tried to get me to send him money so he could buy construction materials because he ran out of money. He claims to have gotten a contract in Nigeria and is still there with his 2 sons.
He tried to convince me I was the women of his dreams.
#216554 by vonpaso xlura Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 pm
Please post some emails he sent, including full headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#216573 by Bubbles Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners legionlady14, I hope you have stopped communicating with this scammer. This is a fairly common scam and continuing to talk to him will result in nothing good.

I merged two different posts for continuity. This scammer was also identified here in 2012. Still at it... :twisted:

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#216642 by legionlady14 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am
I deleted his e-mails but have a hard copy of one he sent me "I care so much about you. They are still waiting for the credit card details tho."

I told him to take a hike. I was through communicating with him. He wanted credit card info so he could borrow money to purchase building supplies. When I read about him on this cite, I e-mailed him and told him I knew about what he is doing and reported him to the Attorney General for California. I don't think he will bother me anymore.
#216853 by Smith Jones Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm
Hi legionlady14, it is natural to feel like you want something to happen to the scammer that hurt you. Most of the time, it doesn't happen. But you can have the satisfaction of knowing that by posting here, you can help other people from being scammed as well if they check out his details. It is hard when you go looking for someone to care about you and you end up being scammed. You want the person who hurt you to hurt too. So you will hurt him badly- make it easier to put him out of business with others he could hurt
#216975 by legionlady14 Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:33 pm
Thank you for your message. I wish I would have known about this cite when I received his friend request on FB. I did not find out about this cite until a few days ago when I tried searching his e-mail address on the internet and saw all those pics and posts he made. I am through with on-line dating. He is the second loser I met on line.
#217711 by legionlady14 Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:33 pm
I received a check from Universal Bank in CA which was a forged check. Scammer, Ben Stiller@[email protected] arranged for me to receive this check which was supposed to be from his business insurance company. He asked me to deposit it and then wire him the money. I did not find out until after the fact that he was a scammer. Universal Bank had no connection to the scam, according to the BBB. However, Ben Stiller is a different story. I discovered he was a scammer a week ago.
Last edited by Bubbles on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged this post to keep this information in one place
#217714 by Bubbles Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 pm
legionlady14 wrote:wish I could find a way to put him out of business

Unfortunately legionlady14, you will not be able to "put him out of business". He has been doing this since at least 2012. Smith Jones has given good advice to you. Exposing his tactics here are the best thing you can do.

I am sorry he tricked you by saying that he loves you. This sounds like a Romance Scam and I would be happy to move it there if you think it could help more people by being in that topic.

Scammers are heartless liars and all they want is money from their victims. Thank you for posting about this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#232331 by crazykitty Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:56 pm
My mentor is baiting him as of Dec 28, 2014 which makes me feel very good. I originally was on this cite as legion lady 14 but was not successful in re-activiting my account so I created a new account with the name crazykitty.