Information on romance scams and scammers.
#34149 by dididonkey Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:31 am
Mod note- split new scammer into its own topic to make things simpler - Dotti

Hi all, I am new to this site.. anyhow...

I've just received quite the similar email by some guy who contacted me in Tagged - I joined that site to play with scammers just to waste their time (and mine? haha)

Here's the email

My dear,
Thanks for your e-mail, am really impress with your warm concern. I am David Mark. I am an American, born and brought up in United Kingdom I am 40years old in the year 1970. I am an aviation engineer. As you can read and understood I have been through trauma and know how painful it was and really hope that things will work out as planned so that joy and happiness would overwhelm me again. I really understood how and what it means to loose our loved ones. But like you said we can’t go with them when we still have the chance to continue with our life, everything is time and I believe that God have something special for each an every of his creature here on the earth. I have not been to your country but looking forward to get a contract with one of the companies there, it will as well give us the opportunity to meet each other and know more about you and your country. I love my job despite the stress it gives me. My dear I am 100% singles and free I was married at the age of 30 but lost my wife in a car crash, right now I am alone looking for the lady in dream to share my whole life with and to share some ideas, it has been very difficult to make this decision or to get some one that is honest, I hope that I that I would meet someone the understand what life is all about full of life experience. I am glad to come around you and hoping we could make a good debut from now on. Age does not really matter, because I need woman that will support with me and take care of me, love, honest and kind.
I have never fall in love since I lost my wife and its been years now she is gone so I think that I still have the opportunity to carry on I have given her the respect and love during her days here on the earth. My dear I would like to know more about you, your present marital status, like I said age does not mean to me. Where do you live exactly in your country? What do you do for living, how do you live, alone or with your parents how many kids do you have, do they live with you? I don’t have any problem with kids as I am still looking to make mine with the ideal woman and I hope it could be with you.
Actually about my family, I can say that nothing special, we are 2 siblings, I and Jane my younger sister. She lived with my Mom in the United States, she was once married and now she is been divorced with no kid. Mom was a retired nurse at California Heart Foundation where she worked for more than 20 years. I lost my dad when I was 20. I don’t have leisure time due to my job. And no one here in the United Kingdom to take good care of me and to make me happy.
Please let me know what is your opinion or views about this letter. It will be taking some hours for me to check my PC again for your letter. Hoping to hear from you, I care for you. Attach is my current picture to keep you on.
Regards,
David

Such lazy custard.. He'd just copy and paste and did touch up here and there. The lines are so laddish!

The email said that he is now residing in UK (I don't know, I wasn't really reading the whole email) but IP address check says he sent this email from Mountain View USA. Both of his emails and the above is his second email.
Advertisement

#34164 by Dotti Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am
Welcome Didi,

Thank you for posting this scammer. Can you also post his email address? I am assuming it is a gmail address --
You can't get a real location from emails sent through gmail, as google strips the original IP and replaces with a Mountain View IP (which is the location of Google's headquarters).

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#34266 by dididonkey Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Dotti wrote:Welcome Didi,

Thank you for posting this scammer. Can you also post his email address? I am assuming it is a gmail address --
You can't get a real location from emails sent through gmail, as google strips the original IP and replaces with a Mountain View IP (which is the location of Google's headquarters).

Thank you Dotti.

Ahhh.. so that's why I couldn't see his real IP location.. it's googlemail alright..

His email is [email protected]

oh yeah, i replied that lengthy email (by telling him whole bunch of lies of course) and he sent another..

Dear,
Thanks for your warm letter, How is your day going there as , mine started well over here I had a good time sleeping last night because is my day off. How is your job there? I hope you didn’t get much stress .I am always healthy and taking good care of myself. I want you to know that I will always be devoted with this relationship; I feel that we can make a good future if we really give this a serious attention. I hope to see us together in the future and I will also make a plan to visit you there before we can talk about your visit my country . I will do my best to ensure that we achieve success with this on going relationship, when the time comes I can fly there to be with you and make our marriage. You should know that I am okay with your message and I really cherish your sharing with me. I think that we are taking the right step at this time to ensure that we know more about each other especially our feelings which is very important. it was nice to know you and to see that you are happy with my plans. i know that it might be difficult staying in your country but i have the plan of making a home anywhere for you and me a and that would be soon if everything work for us.

Thanks for sharing with me. I have not been to your country as I said before but I am pretty sure that I can make it to you when our plan has been fixed well. I am a simple and loyal guy looking for an honest relationship; I would like to learn about your culture. My dear, I want you to know that without trust nothing can work out in a relationship of two. I hope we can meet around one day and pass the night together to know each other more than now. I hope to meet your family as well and really hope they would accord our relationship. I hope you know that I am a westerner and you are from the East, but we have the time to learn each others culture and understand and teach each other to be more perfect with them. I have no problem and I can tell you that I am an understanding person and I know that if we are truly serious with this we would go far and will be a great honor to see both as one family in the future. Please send my regard to your family. i want you to know that i am capable of providing a new life for you as long as we can live and love each other.

My family is okay and they extend their greetings to you, they can’t wait to see me soon with my future wife. I want you to know that I have made a first step by telling my family about our relationship and they are happy about us and willing to support our plan. I want you to know that distance relationship has to do with Trust, Understanding, caring and devotion. I would love to taste your food one day when we meet and I will always teach you little how to make western food if you do not know. I hope you would love it.

Thanks for speaking sincerely to me. Dear ,you must always take good care of yourself, Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon, thanks for your attention. Miss you.
Regards,
David

1. I don't think he even read my reply - he just copied and pasted his second installment
2. Couldn't be bothered to read his email either lol.. I totally hate men who talk to much or try too much to be convincing.. lol
#34314 by dididonkey Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:08 pm
And another..

My love
How are you today and how is your work as well? I hope you are in good health condition? My love it my heart was glad to receive your warm reply and your message to me has shown me that am not making the wrong choice, wards cannot explain how much I long to have a sincere and honest girl for partner but I bless the day I met you and the memory of coming across your profile will never depart from my soul. Don’t be surprise about the emotion of love I feel for you because love is a natural thing and it can come in any form. Until now I still imagine how I got attracted to you after viewing your profile, for me it’s a thing of destiny and I can’t stop the feelings, although the feelings brings joy to my heart and I must listen to the voice of my heart and I will never go back from it even though I get pressure from you telling me to slow down. I know I shouldn’t say to you at the first place but certain things demand to be let out when the heart bits very fast, I guess you have never experience first encounter with a person I got a heart bit which gives you sign that you deserve to be the arms of that person, have you? Believe me you have to think again only then you will understand that love comes in a different form. The reason why i look younger in the picture is because i take care of myself. yes i know much about the Jews and i do like your history . let me know where you are heading for your vacation , i hope you will be having the time to reply my message during your vacation. kindly send me your photo so that i can print and keep with me.

My love what I need from you is a long lasting relationship from a sincere heart; I want us to forget the past and behold the future because the future has allot to offer. I surely believe that both of us can make a good lasting relationship and family too, but it all depends on YOU and I...honey love is not by saying it but by practicing it...to love is to be sincere, honest, truthful, faithful and caring too. Well for me I promise to stand by your side no matter the circumstances that fall on us. My love am a straight forward man and I keep my promises. believe me I have watch other people relationship and families crumble and I will never want such to happen to us and that why am so conscious of having a sincere woman...Mean while I have decided to give you my heart and love and I want you to keep them safe until I meet you in your country were I will finally hug and prove my love for you.

I know how you feel when I told you about my interest to love you, but today I want you to throw away your worries, I choose you because my heart tells me you will be the right woman for me and I believe you will take care of me very well. I got the feeling of loving you immediately I came across your profile, until now I don’t know what happen because I still keep thinking of how to meet you soon.

I want you to know that I have a friend who got married around your country and has been living happily with his wife, he told me that your women are quite understanding and warmly to be with unlike the European women. So I quite agreed with my friend concerning his views over foreign brides , and this was the reason I decided with my heart that I will make a choice of wife as him.

My love I want you to always take care of yourself for me which is my most concern and soon as I take my vacation I will definitely inform you so that you can start making arrangement for my arrival OK. take care I love you

Regard,

David.