Information on romance scams and scammers.
#40001 by Jeepers Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 pm
I would steer clear of Odessa Haven, it is a translation service in Odessa Ukraine, I met a young lady using a free personals service, in her profile she claimed to speak Russian and English, we wrote back and forth for a month or so, every other day. One day out of the blue I get a e-mail from Odessa Haven regarding Larisa, it explains that Larisa only speaks Russian and she has been paying to have the letters translated, she was falling behind on her payments and until she was caught up the e-mails would be stopped. So I help her out and send a small amount, then the letters started getting longer and parts were rambling on and on (they charge by the page you see) I paid a little more, then i noticed where you could pay a certain amount for unlimited translation I decided to do that and for three weeks the e-mails came 1 time a week.

I asked for her phone number but she didn't have a home phone, supposedly. She gave me her work number and it didn't work, she gave me another number and it didn't work either.

I sent her flowers once through Odessa Haven and the photo of the delivery was taken in the flower shop, so i'm thinking they walked in and picked up some flowers took a picture and put the flowers back on the shelf.

The last straw came when I asked for more photos and what I received had a watermark from the Russian classmates site Odnoklassniki.ru

I am not 100% certain they are not a legitimate organazation, but I will not deal with them anymore. The girls name is Larisa Nepryahina I would aslo avoid her, I don't even know if she is aware that her photos are being used, or she is getting paid by Odessa Haven??? It is way to shady if you ask me.
Advertisement

#40003 by Dotti Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 pm
The scenario you are describing sounds like a typical translation scam, which is a very common approach used by scammers from FSU. You are right in suspecting that the person in the photos may not have been the person writing you--this is very often the case.

Can you post a couple of the emails "she" sent you (after removing your information?) Often these are scripts, and we can actually find other uses of the same script.

Also look at the headers of the emails you received. Do you see the Bat! in the headers? The Bat! is a mass-mailing program often used by these scammers, and are a dead giveaway if it is there, as a real person does not need to use mass-mailing software to carry on personal relationships.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#40233 by Jeepers Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 pm
Through the magic of Google search and everyone seems to have a facebook page (thankfully) I found the real Larisa N. I sent her a message using facebook and showed her the photo's that Odessa Haven is using and she confirmed that they are of her. She says she has never heard of Odessa Haven and does not use dating sites, she asked the name of the person sending her photos so I told her the guys name is Vadym Zanozenko. She will let me know tomorrow if she knows this guy or not.

ODESSA HAVEN BUSTED!!! DO NOT USE!!!

I will get some of the first letters he/she sent to me and post them later.
#40404 by Jeepers Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm
Okay Larisa Nepryhani claims her friend was using her photos without her knowledge. I am pretty sure she is also involved in the scam, I mean who has pictures of themselves receiving flowers at a flower shop for a friend to borrow or steal?
Odessa Haven = Scammer!!!
Larisa Nepryahina = Scammer!!!