Information on romance scams and scammers.
#52979 by Anki67 Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Hi! Bruce Collins is also Jenn Smith. This man contacted me on Woome at the end of August last year. I thought so highly of this man and was so sure that I found the love of my life. All I got was a broken heart, a lot of tears and $ 18,000 that I sent to him because he wanted to come home. It's been a few months of pure hell but life starts to return. Bruce Collins is the [email protected] and Jenn go under [email protected] and [email protected]. I have a lot of information and photos of this man that I will share with you. I was in and did a search on spokeo.com, the Bruce e-mail address, and got the same photo that Jenn has been sent to me. I also have photos of his son who he says he has. A totally gorgeous guy who I love as much as my own children. Jenn knew exactly which button he could press. There are some days that are terrible and they are heavy days. Had I not had my children, I know not, for if I had found to survive. The children give me strength and I hope the day will come when he must suffer for what he has done.
Advertisement

#52996 by Helen Halper Mon May 09, 2011 11:57 pm
Hi Anki67,
Welcome to scamwarners. I am extremely sorry to hear that you have been scammed and have had your heart broken. I'm glad to hear that your children are providing you with a source of comfort, and are your reason to carry on. I hope that you also have the support of family and friends, to help you through this most difficult time.

#52999 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 1:51 am
Hi Helen!I'm starting to see light in the tunnel but it has been a living hell some days. I will readily admit that I thought I was alone on this, until I started searching the internet and realized that I am not alone who have been scammed by a scammer. Many of us have been affected, both cheated of money and heartbreak.
#53000 by Helen Halper Tue May 10, 2011 2:00 am
Hi Anki67!

No, sadly, you are not alone in being scammed. You are also not alone in getting through the aftermath. We are here to help, and offer support.

Please read this excellent post from Dotti: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18484

Whenever you are ready to post some emails and photos, please do that on this thread. The information that you post will show up on a google search and will help others who may be dealing with this scammer.

#53003 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 3:01 am
Hi Helen! Thanks for your messages. I want to post the photos on Jenn, but have not the faintest idea how to do. Can you help me? Regards Anki
#53005 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 am
This was the first email that Jenn sent to me. And it made ??my heart melt.
I am listening to Anita Baker's song "I Love You Just Because" and the words she sings is exactly how I feel about you.
I LOVE feeling this way. It is amazing to have you love me as much as I love you. I am just as crazy about you as you are about me. A mutual love between us that brightens every minute of my day and lifts my spirits as high as the clouds. You and I have already met on Cloud 9. I see you there. You look so beautiful and your smile shines as bright as the sun. I can hear your heart beating as we embrace each other with the biggest teddy bear hug you can imagine. We cannot hold back our love for each other. We will never take each other for granted. We will grow to love each other more everyday. Thank you, , for being in my life and giving me your heart. I believe in our love and I will treasure you always. I am the happiest man in the universe because of YOU,
Forever Yours
#53007 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 4:25 am
This, he sent a few days afterwards. He could not wait any longer to hear my voice on the phone....
Not really babe i really wanna talk to you But i was so busy i had to back to the base for another combat training ....Cause we not allow to the both militay internet and the phoning system .... i will be very happy if you can get the connection for me But you will need to mail thwe military board for me ....they will tell you what to do about the connection ...here is the military session ....you will mail that you wanna talk to the sergeant jennsmith a military in in baghdad base E/5 ......here is the session is gotta mail [email protected]
Honey by doing that i will be able to talk to you on phone from the phoning system within the base here i wouldn't out from the base anymore cause each time i out from the base i must not caught .....try nad get the connection for sweetie really wanna draw near to you even close to your heart ...try nad mail them if truly you love me ....i wanna But at the end of everything they will has you to pay token about the connection to my network .....try and do that love you Hope you love my pics???
#53018 by Sagely Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 am
Hello Anki67

Its good you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel, and that you are now strong enough to post details of this decietfull scammer. Its wonderfull to know that you are "drawing strength" knowing your children are there.
I would like to know if you have another "support structure" to help you recover from this experience. I make the assumption that your children are younger and may not understand what is happening. Have you spoken to friends about this; doing so is one of the most valuable things you can do. If you are not able to do this yet, then there are many people here that will support you, and help with your own procces.

Sagely

And remeber to talk about it, when you have finished talking, talk about it a bit more.
#53063 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 2:09 pm
Hi Sagely! No to begin with, is my child big enough to know what has happened. I have four children, of whom the oldest is 21 and the youngest is soon 15th I have not had the energy to talk to my friends about this, it is something I carry with me for myself. As I said, it is certain of days have been terrible and so heavy. I have lost not only money but also my home because of his impostor. Children have been a great support they know what has happened, and they also feel very bad because of what has happened. I'm strong, but things like this can break down completely. But I have promised myself and the kids want me to do this. He should not get a chance to win this war. I want to thank you for all the support I get and it feels great to talk when it feels bad. Hugs to you all
#53067 by Sagely Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm
Hello Anki

Thankyou for the reply.

It will be a long procces of recovery and by the content of you reply you seem well on the way. It saddens me to hear you have lost so much but my feeling is you are very adaptable and resorcusfull. Please be carfull about the extent you may want to extract revenge. The terms you used are "war". In the end these scammers are "faceless" and are extremely hard to track down, if not impossible.

As you said .."it is something I carry with me for myself".. I would urge at some point to talk, but of course only when you are ready. This is a very heavy "cross" to bear.

Please keep us imformed about how things are moving forward for you even when you have those "heavy" days..You will find support here.

Sagely

And remeber to talk about it, when you have finished talking, talk about it a bit more.
#53072 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 pm
Hi Sagely! Yes I know it's a long process. I thought in my wildest dreams that stuff like this did not exist but I was so wrong. There are some days that are heavier than others and then I thank God I have my job, so you have to think about other things than what this scammer has exposed me to. I just want to say it feels so nice to have friends like you. You know, when it is most difficult, you'll know that you are here for support. I promise to be careful and I promise to keep you informed of what's happening. A delight in all the sorrow that I want to share with you. My daughter called yesterday and told me to become a grandmother again, I have a little angel in my life who I love more than anything on earth, and now I'm happy to be grandma again.

#53076 by Helen Halper Tue May 10, 2011 5:22 pm
Hi Anki67!
You lost your home? That's terrible to hear. I'm so sorry ... :(

A new grandchild!?! That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!! :oh-joy:

#53079 by Anki67 Tue May 10, 2011 5:34 pm
Hi Helen! Yes I have lost my home because of this. I wrote to you that I wanted to post the photos on Jenn, but have no idea how to do it. Can you help me? And Yes I will have a grandchild in early January. It's nice that you get joy in the middle of all the sorrow and grief. Thanks for the congratulations.
#53082 by Dotti Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 pm
Anki,

There is a link in my signature for instructions on how to post photos. If those don't help you to do it, just let us know.

I'm glad that you are recovering from this, and know that in the end, you will come out of this a stronger person. Best wishes for the new grandbaby!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#53119 by Anki67 Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 am
Hi Dottie! Thanks for the link. I'll manage to fix the photos Jenn otherwise I will contact any of you if I need help. Thanks for the congratulations