Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#88910 by AlanJones Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 am
They are able to take so many soldiers photos, because the soldiers themselves post them on social networking sites such as Facebook, from where the scammer can download them.

By having the photographs, it adds some legitimacy to the scammer, as they can then pretend to be the soldier whose photos they have stolen.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#88982 by Grunt Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm
facebook.com
uid 100003403170484
Drew Thomas
Worked at Army National Guard

claims to be from Bridgeport, United States

To [email protected]
Opened 2012/03/06
Location Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (86% likelihood)
Opened on (175.139.120.27:61884)
Last edited by Grunt on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#88999 by Grunt Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm
http://www.wayn.com/profiles/millshubbard
Hi, my name is Mills Hubbard. I'm a 47 year-old American male, currently in Los Angeles, United States. I last logged in on 5th Mar 2012 and I have 13 friends around the world.

pic leads to

facebook.com
alhajifatia.ibrahim
Alhaji Fatia Ibrahim
Engineer at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Headquarters
Went to New York Military Academy
Lives in Tripoli, Libya :laugh-s:
Widowed
Knows English English, Français, German, Brazilian Portuguese
From Queens, New York
About Alhaji Fatia
I am Fatai ..I am very romantic person and sweet heart ,easy going, honest and very kind person I'm an honest guy looking for someone that is tired of playing games and ready for a real and mature relationship. I enjoy going out and having fun, going to movies and hanging out with my friends. But I also enjoy spending time at home just relaxing and watch a movie or a good TV show.I love cats .I have cats at my home.I am nice and easy going out with.I love to ply with kids and friends. Thank you for viewing my profile. I must first say that I'm one who prefers to have everything known from the start, so what you read below might seem like too much, but only fair if you are considering me. So, let me now tell you about me, which I don't like to do very much, but it's better to know now then find out later.

Distance cannot, and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment, and love.Jealousy is not a sign of true love; it's insecurities that come Love means never doubting anything. It means trusting and being honest with each other Someone can be as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside, but when he or she betray Trust your heart.s in the way, 'cause love has just one important ingredient: Trust.Do you trust me? yes your trust, they become the ugliest person in the world.Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy
#89268 by Grunt Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm
Douglas David <[email protected]>

again a scammer who abuses pictures of Gen. John P. Abizaid

metrodate.com
douglas2012's Profile

Tell us a little about yourself: Douglas David , Hello babe, How are you doing? Hope by the Grace of God all is well with you as I'm doing here too in Kabul Afghanistan,
My name is Douglas David 56yrs old from USA New York
About Me
Sexuality: Straight
Education: Graduate School
Relationship Status: Divorced

Looking For: Dating & Romance, Friendships, or Adult Fun

message on metrodate:
HI
Douglas David ,
Hello babe, How are you doing? Hope by the Grace of God all is well with you as I'm doing here too in Kabul Afghanistan,
My name is Douglas David 56yrs old from USA New York and i am an army officer of USA military i.need a.like you... view more because since am in service i have never be together with a woman. and i need a woman now i pray that God will let us together and love with truth and honest to each other.
can you please
give me your ID or send me an email or add me on msg: [email protected] please reply me on this email id here [email protected] so that i will send you my photos and my details about myselfhere is my email [email protected] . a big kiss on your heart,
General Douglas David

message to private address:
MYSELF

My name is Douglas David. I was born on the 7th of Nov, 1955 at Baptist Hospital of New York. I started A & A Children start 6 and later on continued from Calvary Baptist Church Schools. I was very playful at school and it affected my academic works.Red heart

I joined the Military academy at the age of 16. .. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field of the army and later worked with the UN. I fought in the Gulf war in 1990 to 1991. The gulf war was fought to liberate Kuwait from autocratic rule of the late Saddam ,I had a pretty bad experience.Red heart

I am an E-6 Staff General (GN) and now working with the UN. I also act as a platoon General in the absence of the General First Class. I am the leader of my squad. I am a non commission officer and I work in the junior management of the military..As you already know, I am currently stationed in Baghdad ,Red heart

the capital of Iraq I have to let you know that I am on my second mission to Iraq. My first mission to Iraq was in 2004. My mission ended in 2008. Went back to the States, I found out that my ex betrayed my love by going in for another man. She cost me a lost. She misused my properties so I paid her off. I was in love with her with all my heart but she let me down. I was with her for 14 years. : I am now looking for the one whisk to my heart,a woman who will love me for me and not for what i have..Red heart right now at the moment i am in Kabul capital city of Afghanistan.

i am looking for true love to spend the rest of my life with. : Hope things will change from one stage to another.I like you and you are very beautiful as well.I will be home in .i lost my family during the world trade center tourist attack,Red heart

i hate to talk about this cause it makes me sad every time i think about it.Am actually relocating because it hurts whenever i come home,it reminds me of my past.. I don't use to communicate with outsiders because of security reasons but I need a woman for myself as am retiring from the army to settle down.. A woman that will be there for me and I will be there for her too. There is a smile of love, and there is a smile of Deceit, and there is a smile of smiles, in which these two smile meet,Red heart

a smile is ever the most bright and beautiful with a tear upon it. What is the dawn without the dew? the tear is rendered by the smile precious above the smile itself......... I loved my ex wife with all my heart, she was the deepest happiness in a life time and think she will be the one I can come home and lay my heard on.Red heart

The one I always thought or think by sharing all point of view with.while thinking of her and thought she is the brighter side of my life. Red heart

I did all I could in support to her needs and given a helping hand for her to grub a job, and support the family as well. In times like holiday and spending time with each other. spending much time with her as much as I could..but all the same its over now, all though am hurtled,i have gotten over it now and moving on in life with determination to hit my goalsRed heart

I am a very open minded person, someone who accepts people as they are, I am a fair individual who adapts to changes in life and enjoys life to the fullest,and looking to meet a woman that i can spend the rest of my life with in good times and in badtimes as well, A woman that I can love and cherished with all my whole being and heart and I pray to God almighty that he will provide me with that kind of a woman someday in my life.Red heart

I'm pride of myself in being honest and most trustworthy, I seek that in a mate, someone who is compassionate yet understanding who has a calm behavior and a great personality.

I am looking for a partner and a lover and best friend who I can share the most intimate dreams with. A well rounded individual and a spiritual person.Red heart

A first, second date for me does not constitute a perfect date, Nor a perfect person. I am easygoing man that seeks an easygoing woman in my life as well.Red heart

I b'lieve there is no ideal relationships, Be honest a relationship is hard work and compromise, It is as good as you make it, What makes a relationship ideal to someone is how much time and effort one puts into it and how committed two people are to it.Red heart

I want to meet a woman that is tolerance level and how far she can go in life , If she is willing to stick around when the going gets tough and she will be there for me and I will be there for her too when the going gets tough on us. If she will still love me when I am falling apart.Red heart

I generally try to live a somewhat healthy lifestyle, exercising and some sort of jogging, 3-4 days a week and eating healthy, (trust me, I love pastries, but try not to over do it.Red heart

I would also like to find a like-minded female where we can participate in activities together and encourage each other to pursue our interests as well.Red heart

I have several hobbies, and wish I could find more time to pursue those, such as swimming, playing computer, dancing, and reading, and more,and would like someone to share those with, as well as their sharing their interests with meRed heart

I am generally an optimistic person with a good sense of humor, fairly easy-going, and I don't think that I'm too critical about things, but I also believe that it takes two people contributing to a relationship to make it work.Red heart

As I mentioned earlier, I like to do things with the other significant person in my life, but I also encourage her to go out and spend time with friends and pursue her own interests and hobbies as well.Red heart

I believe that time spent apart helps keep things fresh in a relationship and makes the time we DO spend together even better. I'm not one who cheats in a relationship; one woman is enough trouble, I don't have the time or energy to juggle 2, 3, or 4 at the same time - hahaRed heart

But I also want to be in a relationship where I can totally trust the other person and not dwell on how the relationship is NOT working.Red heart

I DO NOT expect a woman to be a servant to me, spending all her time working and and cleaning; I believe there is give and take in a relationship, and I realize that at times it's more convenient for me to do laundry, cook, clean, and I have no problem doing that because I believe and I have being thought by my Father that it's also man's responsibility to do the house works and house chores as well.Red heart

I consider myself to be a fairly honest and truthful person and expect the same in return; I'm not wealthy but I don't luck anything in life though so and don't expect someone to attempt to deceive me or "play" me.Red heart

Everybody makes mistakes and I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but if the same pattern keeps emerging, it's over

I do not want to meet someone who may think that they will take advantage of me or lie to me and cheat on me under false pretenses. Sorry if that sounds harsh, and I'm not accusing you of any wrongdoing, but I'm being upfront and honest about that.Red heart

So you know where I stand from the beginning. With all due respect as well, I hope that you are upfront and honest with me, as well.Red heart

I realize that I am 55years old and soon to be 56 and that you are somewhat younger than me but if you would still like to correspond, that's fine...we'll see how things go after we get to know each other.Red heart

Well I hope that this lets you know a little about me, and I hope I don't come across as being too cynical, harsh, or mean sounding.Red heart

I will give you the benefit of the doubt (we're all human, we all make mistakes), but I also don't like being taken advantage of.Red heart

I'm just asking you to keep it real and be honest from the beginning; that way, nobody is wasting their time or getting their feelings hurt.Red heart

I also realize that at times two people are just too different to be in a relationship together; it doesn't mean that it's anybody's fault, it's just that they're too different to be compatible.Red heart

A BIG KISS ON YOUR HEART Red heart

General Douglas DavidRed heart

IP: 197.251.146.231
ISP: Ghana Telecom
State/Region: Greater Accra
City: Accra

#89355 by began steele Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:04 am
Sgt Barry Moore
Interesting because you can see the transition from original to fake document.
And if you see this then think--DUMB

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5438121320

BARRY M
Last Active: 3 months ago
Profile Views: 195 times
Profile Skin: Default
Tagline: lovely
Orientation: Straight
He thinks his fake ID carries his birth date. OOPS! Stupid scammer again.
(He forgot something else too)
SGT.BARRY MOORE USARMY ID..JPG

http://magazine.concordia.ca/2001-02/se ... /lastword/ ORIGINAL COPY FROM GARY HOAG

A rapid name change and you have this:-.

http://allreaders.net/checksfromscammer ... csids.html

Here he is (for Real??)

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#90033 by Grunt Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:45 pm
en.netlog.com
henrym006
male - 36 years, North Carolina (historical), United States
About me
I WILL TELL ANYBODY READY TO LOVE ME
Name henry mike
Date of birth 15/04/1975
Location North Carolina (historical), United States
Native language English
Profession Other
Looking for Relationship, Business contacts
Hobbies DANCING, SINGING AND PLAYING BASKETBALL

To [email protected]
Opened 2012/03/14
Location Accra, Ghana (86% likelihood)
Opened on 41-218-192-39-adsl-dyn.4u.com.gh (41.218.192.39:36686)
Last edited by Grunt on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#90169 by began steele Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm
I will update this once my informer sends me further information.
Note scammer's fake name- John MacSwell

To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:23 PM
Subject: TREAT AS URGENT!!!
Dear Mrs XXXXXXXXX

This is to inform you that your request will be processed and approved. 
Print the attached form from your computer system, fill the document
properly and select the number of week(s) you want your spouse to
spend with you before he return back to Darfur, Sudan.

The application fee is $550 while you have to select out of the categories
and make refundable payment of the selected week (s)/ Month (s).

Meanwhile, get back to us to enable our finance department give you our annex 
payment center as soon as you are ready to remit the charges

Send scanned copy of transfer confirmation slip later and download the
attached documents now, fill it properly and submit back via email. 

Your application for the leave of John MacSwell from the UNAMIL
base in Darfur, Sudan will be treated and considered after
complying with the above instruction.

NOTE: The cost/amount herein stated is refundable to the applicant
on arrival of the UNAMIL OFFICER. The UNAMIL authorities take
responsibility to process and release all his entitlement within
two weeks on his arrival to his destination in your domain.

Acknowledge the receipt of this email.
Regards,

General Richard Howell
Department of US army
Vacation Unit
(PEACE KEEPING OPERATION)

The pic below is a part of the forgery, .jpg files lose quality each save, so latest added text is clear and previously used parts are blurred. This means the heading of the fake form can be altered to order and has been several times.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#90295 by began steele Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:39 am
[email protected]
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5460525145 Terry F DELETED
Last Active: 3 months ago
Profile Views: 144 times
Profile Skin: Default

Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Native American
Religion: Christian
Orientation: Straight
About Me
Music: COOLS
Movies: ACTION
TV: NEWS
Books: GRAPHIC
Sports: GOLD
Interests: I would like to find my special one and create a wonderful romantic relationship with and also to take time to know more about each other.
About Me: I am a kind, soft, understanding and tender-hearted person. I know how to take good care of a house and of my beloved woman. I am very straightforward, honest and faithful, I love life and I always glad to shear my positive energy with others.
?
Terry F
À :Moi
Date :novembre 15, 2011 à 9:23am
Objet :Hello Dear, Hope you are ...
Hello Dear, Hope you are doing fine as i am. Am Terry 54 years of age widow with one son called Randolf 15 years of age . Actually i am here seeking for a honest woman to build a new life with but will be glad if we can be friends to know much more about each other, to see what will happen in the future. Well, if you are interested in me you can email me about your self through my personal email ([email protected] ) with some photos of your self for us to start it from there. Have a nice day and let me hear from you soon. Kisses and hugs from me to you and all over your body. Yours Friend Gen.Terry xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.luckyusalover.com/profiles/s ... apcg5.html
r44444
56-years-old male
From United States
some details about me: I am a kind, soft, understanding and tender-hearted person. I know how to take good care of a house and of my beloved woman. I am very straightforward, honest and faithful, I love life and I always glad to shear my positive energy with others.

I would like to find my special one and create a wonderful romantic relationship who also know how to treat her beloved man.

marital status:Widowed
eyes:Brown
hair:Gray
body type:Average
tall5'8 (173cm)
weigh170 lbs (78kg)
education:Graduate degree
smokes:No, don't smoke
drinks:Never has
children:Yes
job:No Answer

http://www.freedate.co.uk/Profile.aspx?ID=3995695#
Rich457
Gender Male
Sexuality Heterosexual
Age 57 years old Location USA, California, Orange County
Looking for Serious Relationship

http://www.webdate.com/main.php?a=user. ... id=6277918
Last login: over a week ago
Joined On: July 28, 2011
Seeking: Men
Looking for: Flirting
Age/Gender 33 year old Woman
Height: 5'6"
Body: Average
Race: Other
Religion: Other Christian
Languages: English
Income: Tell you later Profession: Other
Education: Associate's Degree
what you should know about me
I am an optimistic and cheerful person, I like communication and being in the center of attention. But I am also comfortable being by myself, in the atmosphere of tranquility and quietness. I am romantic and I will always show my love and affection to my dear man. I am a kind, soft, understanding and tender-hearted person. I know how to take good care of a house and of my beloved man. I am very straight forward, honest and faithful, I love life and I always glad to share my positive energy with others.

who i want to meet here
have wanted to meet a man who is older. Here, it's simply a custom that the older the man the more settled he is and less likely to be out just looking to play around, serious, sincere, loyal, kind, understanding and very caring. I am seeking a man who I can love and he can love me in a relationship I would like him to be attentive, gentle, tender, romantic, loving, sociable, faithful and cheerful. He brings good energy and I will always support and encourage him

http://www.freeidealdate.com/profile.php?ID=85776
http://www.1girl4me.com/women/info120913.htm
http://www.amazing-women.com/lady/61715.html same as above
Last edited by began steele on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#90326 by Grunt Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am
I am: Man
Seeking a: Woman
Home Country: United States
Living Country: United States
City: los angele ,california
#90342 by Grunt Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm
benaughty.com
uid 600852711
channelsluv
Chat-up line : channelsluv is deciding on his chat-up line
Location : United States, Manhattan , Nevada , 5474.95 miles away
You both : are Caucasians

Good Day pretty lady.
It's my pleasure communicating with you. I hope all is well with you and that you enjoying your day?. My name is Donald Pat US military officer in Afghanistan
I like you and i will like to get acquainted with you. I am loving, honest and caring man with a good sense of humor. I enjoy meeting new people and their way of life. I enjoy that new parts of the world, the calm of the sea, the beauty of the mountains and everything that life has to offer.
I love movies, reading books, listening to music, see God's tears when it rains, dancing to the beat, cooking. But I can just as comfortable as at home curled up with a good book in front of the fireplace with you by my side. I'm looking for genuine and meaningful intimate relationships; there is love, passion and romance.
I wish you all the best life has to offer. I'm not always on this site, please I'll be glad if you write to me or send your email address direct at my private email [blocked details] please do not write me on this site, write me on my email address so that i can contact you and tell you more about my self. Also if you do not speak English you can write to me in Russian . I will send you my pictures on your private email box. Hope your understand? Thank you.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Donald.

pic shows Burwell Baxter (B. B.) Bell III, a retired U.S. Army four star general

email adress leads to
flirtbox.us
no pic
channelsluv
Sexuality Male seeking Female
Age 24
Area Nigeria, ,
Town Lagos
Member since16/06/2011
General appearance European/White :laugh-s:
MY LIFE
Occupation Student
Education University
MY INTERESTS
I like...Reading
I dislike...Lies
#90508 by caseclosed Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:06 am
Just checking this site as I have been scammed in the past...I came across this photo that is on a dating site, millionaire.com and this person goes by lovingu1960. The picture I am referring to is the 1st on on the military scams blog.....thanks for posting as I did receive an email from him and have not responded..
#90509 by caseclosed Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:15 am
The person on the first photo here is also on millionaire.com dating site and this is the email he sent me. He aalso goes by the name of lovingu1960 there. I will be reporting him to site as a scammer....

> Hello Angel,
>
> How are you today,I am New in the site...I must confess to you that you have a nice and great profile you got and i think It would be nice to exchange few mails with each other,with the aim of building friendship. I really hope its gonna bring a peaceful and wonderful thought to us as we get to know ourselves. I'm sort of an easy going Guy and I would love it more when you are honest, fun to be with and most of all sincere in your words and actions. I don't play head games so don't need any. I love animals especially dogs. I love being outdoors doing just about anything.
> If you don`t mind these are my contact mail Addresses below,Email Address: harry_boston26 (at) (yahoo) (dot) (com). Hope to hear from you again....
>
> Cheers
> Harry
#90523 by Grunt Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 pm
Harry Boston
I'm a Man from Perth
Find Women To Dating
In: Australia Western Australia
Marital Status: Divorced
Do you have children? Yes
Do you want children? I don't know
Body Type: Average
Do you drink?: Yes
Do you smoke?: Yes
Headline: i'm an easy man
I define myself: i love travelling,reading and playing piano...i really hope to see a real,serious woman
Interests: looking for a sincere woman and romatic
Profession: Millitary

hello Angel, How are you today,I'm new to the site...I must Confess to you that you Have a Nice and Great profile you got and i Think It would Be nice to exchange few mails with each other,with the aim of building Friendship. I really Hope its gonna bring a peaceful and Wonderful thought to us as we get to Know ourselves. I'm sort of an Easy going Guy and I would Love it more when you are Honest, fun to be with and most of all Sincere in your words and actions. I don't Play Head games so don't Need any. I love Animals especially Dogs. I love being Outdoors doing just about anything. If you don`t mind THESE are my Contact Mail Addresses below: harry_boston26 (at) (yahoo) (dot) (com). Hope to hear from you again.... Cheers Harry