Information on romance scams and scammers.
#77379 by Ann Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:17 am
Hello!!! I’ve been contacted by a so called US Army soldier deployed in Afghanistan Lucas Abel Milner email address [email protected] and [email protected] .He states single 39 year father his date of birth April 25th which is my bday don’t know how he got my bday information. Well he was very nice charming man to talk too. He mention he has a 6 year old son named David that the nanny took off out of state and now David is left with his neighbour. Lucas asked me send him 700US to help care for his son. I told him he was a scammer and he got upset and stopped talking to me. I did not send any funds. Then 3 days later he messaged me back on face book stating he missed talking to me and loved me. He send me email asking for marriage. He told me that he ruined his day that he was devasted that I called him a scammer. I told him I don’t know u and ur asking me for money and I don’t have any. Anyways this went on for a month. I did some research and asked him to email me from his military account asking him for his Insignia, Service number and unit information. Lucas told me he was going to do it and never did. He called me a fool and I told I’m not a fool this is the Internet and if he says u love me as much as u do this should not be a problem sending email from ur military account. I told him there’s lots of scams going on. I sent a example of one soldier that got scammed indentity fraud and I told him this is sad and there’s lots of low life’s out there. Anyways been 3 days I haven’t heard a thing. I reported him to face book and some other government sites just waiting to hear back. Forgot to mention I’m from Canada. Scams are all over the place. Makes me feel sad that there are this many bad people out there.I have pictures he sent me of him and son neighbour other army personel. Lucas says he was using another army personals cell phone to talk to me. I hope he gets caught.
Advertisement

#77411 by began steele Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 am
It would help if you give us some exmaples of his messages Ann and welcome here. Scammers reuse their messages and if we have them there is a chance others may search. Mail Headers may help too, less your own details. Don't continue contact, and don't tell him any more about how you know he is a scammer or that you came here. We like our scammers to remain ignorant and not discover their attempts are failure, and so do a better scam next time.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#77433 by Ann Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 am
This is what he wrote to me on facebook.
November 8
Lucas Abel Milner
hi Ann,my names are Lucas Milner,am single,loved your picture and would love to know you better dear.ttyl.xoxo

Honey,have you been in one befor? Due to my job right now am on deployment for peace keeping.U like in Canda?we could work things out dear
Oh that's good of you but why has your son's father taken a drastic decision.I also have a son,never married am on deployment to Africa on peacekeeping,am 39,we could have a relationship regardless the distance hun,it all depends on honesty and truth.With God all things are possible.do u live in Canada?

Oh dear.you didn't scare me away,been kinda busy to come online.I haven't been to Canada before,honey am a straight forward man and don't have time for games.I just got deployed here early this year,have enjoyed my Job as a US Army since I started writing you have also thought about.am for real dear,how old are you?

Oh sweets that's so lovely.how long is your stress leave,you have gained more weight and enough rest.am really blessed to meet you hun,thanks for the compliment you are beautiful also and you aint no old lady.its sunny here and nothing much done today how I wish I had a job like yours.my regards to David and tell him to be a very good boy for us.bigups to you dear,U great.Am American,I come from Alabama,am only conversant with english so well and I love reading your messages over and over again u sweep me off my feet with your words.would love to hear your voice hun.be cool and don't get too cold.xoxo

Oh that so sweet of you my Ann.am glad you care about me also,its a natural feeling between both of us am loving you already,I want you for who you are.sorry about Vicent's fever,how is he feeling now?pls tell him I wish him the quickest recovery.David is ny boy,dear pls take very good care of you and Vincent for me.I love you both so much would love to more of you and vicent's pictures.honey don't get too cold for your hubby,am currently in Afghanistan right now just left Libya during Ghaddaffi's clash if you heard about it on news.I bless the day I wrote to you.God bless you

Hello hun am so blessed reading your message first thing this morning.how are u fairing with vincent over there?David is just 6 also.thanks for you compliments am really elated and feel blessed by you,what's your niece fiance doing in afghan?tell Vincent I like him also.My email is [email protected],would love to hear your voice when I get hold of my mobile..love you hun and have a great day..xoxo

i sent it through a colleagues mobile dear.maybe if i can recharge it to call bout much security protocols are attached to calls made from the base.oh baby vicent and you look so loveli on your profile picture.it so lovely
hun i love to see more of u and vincent.i want to print out and put in my wallet dear.i love you dear.xoxo

My jewel, am doing fine over here.it just a lonely thinking about you,I prayed for vincent today and I believe soonest he is going to be on his feet.when are you going to court,how much did the lawyer ask him to pay?as u have said its when things get tough someone get along to make you smile,have only been in two relationships all my life and they re both married to different men now.I have never walked down the aisle before and I hope to do that with you about your friend,I don't blame her she doesn't know we feel about eachother.the email is [email protected] you are doing fine am so concerned about your cold wish I was around you to keep you woman and make u feel the real woman that you are.You are God sent I must confess.say me 'wasap' to lil man,tell him I would love to talk him someday and give him the fatherly love he's deprieved.God is with us hun,I love you so much.xoxo

Am doing fine dear just that I miss you so much and think about you and vincent.ok love my dear let me know.I love u guys so much

Oh sweets that's so thoughtful of you,Am a christian,non-smoker,I drink occasionally am happy Vincent is back on his feet..I felt so loved when u stated you want to feel my warmth and lips on yours,u are my love for real and can't wait to have you around me..hun,my sincere regards to MOM and VIncent,what job is he into?oh my love,love to hear your voice soonest...

Don't kick anyone out..honey what happened is this because of the much security protocol on base..there's this telecoms company that connects our satellite here.we would have to request for one so I can think then we would be able to text and hear eachother voice.their email is [email protected] back to when you done love

I wish to have some webcam chat with you my love soonest
Sorry typo-error. [email protected]

Oh my dear,am sorry for not writing you am not in a good mood I just got a bad news a neighbour from where David's Nanny stays said she has left my son all alone and travel out of the state without no prior notice,but still I don't know why people are so cruel in this life,now my son is a wanderer I spoke to him and he was crying all through,have not been myself since this happened its really getting to me..am down my dear,please come to my aid hun.love you

Thanks so much for the words dear,I feel a bit ok hun.My dear please if guess I have to send my son some money to buy his clothes,feeding and other things before my leave is granted,please my dear I would appreciate if you can help me with 700usdollars to send to my meighbour to tale care of him before I get back,my salary is in cheque.please my love I want this as soon as possible,hun you the only one I can run to in times like this...my sincere regards to Vincent,tell him I would tutor him to be a great person in life you the best thing happening to me my love
Last edited by Bubbles on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
#77441 by goldikova Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 pm
this guy is a scammer i have no doubt bot many americans call people love all the time i noticed that with my military scammer always calling me love what yanks say love so reckon nigerian its all load of crap he is telling you hios spelling grammer is bad to delete him and forget about the loser :D
#77481 by Ann Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:39 pm
Im just happy that I did not send any money and suspected him right away. The whole I want to marry u and I love u. No thanks. He still sends me messages and Ive blocked him for everything even yahoo message but message still going through. I dont know if I should be changing my land & cell # after all this. I dont want to be any part of any scam. If its to good to be true its cause it is. Gives good men bad names :(
#77491 by Dotti Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 pm
I'm glad you avoided losing money to this scammer. As already recommended, just drop him completely.

As far as changing numbers goes, if he decides to harass you by phone, you might want to consider changing them, but if he's not calling, there's not much to be worried about.

Incidentally, he proved himself to be a scammer the moment he told you he gave you the young child/nanny story.

The US military has pretty strict regulations regarding single parents. Single parents are required to submit extensive care plans that include provisions for short term care, long term care, and financial provisions. Those plans are reviewed when they are drawn up, and at least annually after that. In order to stay in the service and be deployed, a single parent would have to sign custody of the child over to someone else. That caregiver would be part of his written plan, and would have access to the necessary military resources for the child. He would not be able to keep custody and simply hire a nanny. There would also be a plan for dealing with emergencies, and in a true emergency situation that couldn't be planned for, social services and/or the military would in fact be working with him to handle the situation.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#77940 by Ann Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm
Re: Hello!!!
abel milner to Ann - Nov 18More Details
From: abel milner <[email protected]>Hide .Add to: To Do, Calendar

Date:Fri, Nov 18, 2011 1:35 am

Oh sweets that's so thoughtful of you,Am a christian,non-smoker,I drink occasionally am happy Vincent is back on his feet..I felt so loved when u stated you want to feel my warmth and lips on yours,u are my love for real and can't wait to have you around me..hun,my sincere regards to MOM and VIncent,what job is he into?oh my love,love to hear your voice soonest...

heres one of the emails that was sent to me. Dont know where his located? He stated Afghanistan
Last edited by Bubbles on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
#77947 by Bubbles Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:44 pm
Hi Ann,

It is very, very, very unlikely that he is in Afganastan. You can post the Headers on the email messages you are receiving, some times there is a way to get a city and country from them.

The wording that is in the emails indicates it is not from a person who English is their first language. It reads like the wording of a person in West Africa.

I hope you have stopped communicating with him now. Nothing good will come from staying in contact with him. He is not looking for a relationship. He only wants your money.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#78540 by Ann Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 pm
I've notified some ladies on Lucas friend list and told them not to let him know. I just dont want see anyone loose money and have a heartache. I have few pictures of him and was wondering if I can email to someone so that they can post his pictures up. Im not very good at doing computer stuff and dont want to mess it up. Pls and thank u
#78642 by began steele Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:57 pm
Thanks Ann .That's what we wanted completely. Thanks to Katt as well. Looks like we need a section for military scammers in SW. Maybe Mods can look at this matter.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#80768 by Dotti Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 pm
Looks like we need a section for military scammers in SW.

This question has been raised before.

While there are obviously some specific tactics used by military scammers (e.g. payment for leave), military scams are still romance scams, and most of the features are exactly the same. These scams target the same group of people, use many of the same character attributes (e.g. single dad, alone in the world, tragic life history, away from his/her home country), and follow the same basic pattern (falling in love quickly, highly romantic, use of guilt and manipulation, promises of marriage and a future, etc.) In fact, many of the exact same romantic letters and poems are used by both "non-military" and "military" scammers. For that reason, we have made a deliberate decision not to separate the military scammers into a separate forum--it is best to keep all of the romance scammers together.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#86391 by ratt84 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 am
@ openhappy35
thanks for the update

the email address leads to a FB profile
with the the same pic as posted for Paul Lucas Benedict

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003379116501
Fakih Keary
private profile
started January 16, 2012

got several well-known scammers on his profile :laugh-s:
i.e. Andrew Keith
profile from January 20, 2012