Information on romance scams and scammers.
#13556 by Ralph Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 am
Romance scammers and in particular the African ones playing the part of a male often try to encourage their victims to chat with them, many of these scammers will almost exclusively scam using chat.

For us here at ScamWarners, it is difficult to post anything useful from these chats as it usually contains information that is traceable and can lead the scammer to the victim.

The following chat exchange is between an experienced Scambaiter and a scammer using the name Robert Bennett

I wanted the chat to include typical signs that these scammers make in the hope of helping the victims of these scammers to know what things to look for and be weary of.

Please do not engage in communication with known scammers, these are criminals and they are dangerous, the Scambaiter involved is very experienced and has taken every precaution to ensure that s/he remains anonymous.

Again, please do not communicate with scammers

Blue for the Scammers writing
Red for the victims writing

Further details on this scammer can be viewed By Clicking Here

Robert Bennett (10:23:51 PM): Hello

victim (10:24:07 PM): hey how are

Robert Bennett (10:24:44 PM): Am doing good and you?

Here we have a very common mistake made by Africans, “am” rather than “I am”

victim (10:24:53 PM): very well thank you

Robert Bennett (10:26:02 PM): Good to hear that
Robert Bennett (10:26:15 PM): so can you tell me more about yourself?

They will ask you a lot of questions, this is because it is easier for them to ask a question and let you do all the work to answer it, they will have little interest in the answer as they will often be trying to scam another person at the same time

victim (10:26:14 PM): well im 39
victim (10:26:29 PM): im divorced

Robert Bennett (10:27:08 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (10:27:15 PM): what do you do for work?

Here we go again, hardly any interest in the answer and straight away another question

victim (10:27:12 PM): i work
victim (10:27:19 PM): what do you do for work

Robert Bennett (10:28:07 PM): I ahve my own Antique store
Robert Bennett (10:28:12 PM): have sorry

They will have their story line well rehearsed, this one pretends to be an antiques dealer

victim (10:28:38 PM): wow that sounds nice
victim (10:28:48 PM): must be good to be your own boss

Robert Bennett (10:29:58 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (10:30:09 PM): do you have pics?

Here we are with another question already, they have little interest in your appearance and regardless of your age or appearance they will tell you how beautiful you are if you do show them a picture.

victim (10:30:01 PM): yes i do,,, do you?

Robert Bennett (10:30:54 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (10:31:02 PM): can i see some of your pics?

Another reason they want to see your picture is so they can gauge how compliant you will be, scammers prefer the more compliant victims, they see them as a much easier target

victim (10:30:57 PM): we can swap pics in emails if you want to

Robert Bennett (10:31:30 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (10:31:41 PM): send yours to [email protected]

victim (10:31:39 PM): i will send mine when you send yours
victim (10:31:45 PM): you go first,lol

Robert Bennett (10:32:32 PM): huh...lol
Robert Bennett (10:34:13 PM): so what are you looking for on the site?

Asking another question

victim (10:34:37 PM): im looking for true love
victim (10:34:47 PM): someone who can accept me the way i am

Robert Bennett (10:35:07 PM): Good
Robert Bennett (10:35:12 PM): same here too

Scammers like to agree and have you think they have the same likes and desires as you do

victim (10:35:09 PM): a lot of men like skinny women and i want someone who knows im big and is ok with it and not change me

Robert Bennett (10:35:35 PM): do you have a cam?
Robert Bennett (10:36:04 PM): yes i know but my late wife was big
Robert Bennett (10:36:11 PM): i like big woman
Robert Bennett (10:36:14 PM): lol

Here we have him agreeing along and being what he thinks his victim wants to be, they are very good at that

victim (10:36:00 PM): im so glad
victim (10:36:13 PM): im so tired of men wanting women to go on diets

Robert Bennett (10:37:14 PM): Huh....

victim (10:37:01 PM): so what do you look for in a woman?

The victims question is a common one asked by people who are meeting on dating sites so this scammer is ready for it with pre written scripts he has saved in his draft folder, take a look at the sudden improvement in grammar and also take note of the time stamps

Robert Bennett (10:37:41 PM): I am looking for someone who is ready to share the good and bad with me
Robert Bennett (10:37:56 PM): and someone who is ready to love me for who i am
Robert Bennett (10:38:09 PM): I need Honesty,Trust and Understanding

The scammer typed and sent all of that in 28 seconds

Now compare that with the following section, take a look at the time stamps again and see how long it is between his replies, it’s obvious his attention is elsewhere

victim (10:37:51 PM): yes that sounds good
victim (10:37:53 PM): me too

Robert Bennett (10:38:23 PM): good

victim (10:38:05 PM): i like romance and sweetness too

Robert Bennett (10:38:34 PM): Yes sure

victim (10:38:29 PM): do you like to dance?

Robert Bennett (10:39:22 PM): yes sure

48 seconds between replies and all he has typed is “yes sure” again

Robert Bennett (10:39:24 PM): and u?

2 seconds later another question

victim (10:39:29 PM): yes
victim (10:39:35 PM): do you like to cook?

26 second pause

Robert Bennett (10:40:01 PM): good
Robert Bennett (10:40:05 PM): Yes

Then continue with his story line

Robert Bennett (10:40:16 PM): i like cooking Italian

victim (10:39:58 PM): whats your favorite food?

Robert Bennett (10:40:20 PM): do you like that?

Don’t most people love Italian food, he is just trying to tell you what you want to hear

victim (10:40:09 PM): yes i do

Robert Bennett (10:40:58 PM): Italian food
Robert Bennett (10:41:02 PM): and you?

victim (10:41:12 PM): i like pizza and steak

Robert Bennett (10:42:08 PM): Good to hear that
Robert Bennett (10:42:16 PM): what is ur favourite colour?

Little interest shown in your answer and he fires off another question
Again, take note of the time stamps, he is no doubt trying to scam somebody else in a different chat session

victim (10:42:13 PM): purple
victim (10:42:17 PM): what is yours?

1 minute and 11 seconds later he replies simply…..

Robert Bennett (10:43:27 PM): yellow

victim (10:43:21 PM): ohhhhh you like yellow?

Ignoring the victim’s question he asks another one

Robert Bennett (10:43:47 PM): are you ready to have a seriouse relationship?

victim (10:43:28 PM): that will nice with my purple
victim (10:43:35 PM): yes

Robert Bennett (10:44:02 PM): i am here for real no games
Robert Bennett (10:44:10 PM): good to hear that

victim (10:44:08 PM): i am getting older and i feel as tho time is running out for me to have more children
victim (10:44:22 PM): i am so ready to find true love and have a serious relationship

Here he decides to send some quick thoughtless chats hoping to keep his victims interest before he goes back to chat with his other victim

Robert Bennett (10:44:44 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (10:44:52 PM): i am tired of been lonley
Robert Bennett (10:44:59 PM): Good
Robert Bennett (10:45:04 PM): maybe we can start that
Robert Bennett (10:45:10 PM): or what do you think?

victim (10:45:13 PM): well we just met but it is nice to meet someone who is seriously looking too and not playing around

One minute and 6 seconds later he returns again with another section he has most likely pasted from his draft folder

Robert Bennett (10:46:16 PM): all we need is to have a time to talk on chat and also send mail to each othere,that will help us to grow fast to know more about ourself

Robert Bennett (10:46:28 PM): yes

victim (10:46:24 PM): yes i agree
victim (10:46:33 PM): i would love to spend more time with you

51 seconds after his last sent chat

Robert Bennett (10:47:19 PM): you there?

I will take a break here, as much for my benefit as anybody reading.

Looking back there are a few key things that should be raising red flags;

Not once mentioned the victims name, saves making the mistake of getting the name wrong in each chat
Sudden bursts of typing, often with much improved grammar
Sudden disappearances
Lots of questions asked
Few questions answered
Most of his chats are short and have little or no substance
Lack of interest in anything you have to say
Conforming to your desires

I will continue with more of this some time in the future.

If you think any of this sounds like a person you are chatting with, one of our support team members will be able to help you, please ask

If you have the slightest doubt, check it out
Advertisement

#13659 by Morgan Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am
Hi Ralph,
I have a good bit of experience in dealing with Romance scammers and know how they behave and what they are looking for. I have seen from their victims ,the heartache they go through when they realise it has all been a lie and this person never cared for them at all ,just wanted their money at any cost. It is very very sad.
I'm really glad to see this posted up because most Romance/Love scammers use Instant Messaging on a messenger as their number one way to get inside the heart and mind of their victim faster. In a few hours, the scammer can learn everything he needs to know to get inside his victims head and if they are victim material or not.

It is not like writing an email where you sit and talk about various things about yourself and then send it with no feed back from the other person until you get the next email, which could be days. The scammer wants it faster than that. Chat is a close, one on one intimate experience, that the romance scammer needs to get close to his victim. He needs his victim to feel close to him and with chat it can happen fast. With email it is usually slower and will take more time for the scammer to get inside the mind of his victim. The victim might not answer the questions the scammer needs but with chat he can repeatedly ask the same questions until he finally gets the answers he wants, with in minutes rather than days.
Most romance scammers will insist that their victim get on chat and if the victim doesn't know how to chat, or what a messenger is, the scammer will walk them through the process of setting up a messenger just so they can have intimate talks with their target. Romance scammers are very insistent on chatting , it is very important to them to get their victim feeling a bond as soon as possible so they can learn their victim and with chat it happens much faster. Scammers want fast, they need it so they can work in more victims in a shorter amount of time. It's all about the money.

The scammer will pretend to want to know the person and will also tell sad stories of himself, usually sad things that happened in his life to induce sympathy and tenderness from his victim.
He is the only child, mother and father both dead, wife left him for his best friend, he is trying to raise his child alone, possibly was beaten when young or molested, anything to induce care and concern from the intended victim. Then he will move in with pointed precision questions when the victims guard is down.
He will ask his victim their likes and dislikes and what they do for work and if they have kids and it all seems natural to the victim like a normal conversation of getting to know you but to the scammer he is getting all the information he will need to use against his victim, in just a few hours with chat.

If the victim has kids he will want to see the children on web-cam, talk with them on the phone, they will be a main weapon he will use against his victim to gain closeness to the parent. All parents want to show off how beautiful their children are especially to someone who seems so sweet and likable. If the victim has no children but has pets, the same attention will be directed at the pets in order to make the victim feel closer to the scammer.
How can this person be bad when they care so much about my children or pets? the victim might ask. It is a way of disarming the victim so the scammer can get closer and closer to his target. Chat allows this at a much faster rate than emails. They can sit for only a few hours and when the scammer walks away he will know a lot more in chat than he would have found out in emails.

He will usually know what job the person has, if they have kids or get child support, what their likes and dislikes are so the scammer can adjust accordingly to the victim to fit better in with the victims life and needs. He will want to know about the victims family, parents and friends. To see if they may pose a threat to his scam or could be possible victims themselves.

If you use chat often to meet new people and friends be very careful of someone wanting to know about your finances and all about your children. Why would a friend need to know about your finances , especially someone you just met? Be very careful about any personal information you give to strangers and yes someone you have only been talking to for a week is still a stranger. Protect yourself and stay safe from people who are pretending to be your friend or in love with you instantly, this is a big warning sign. Never discuss your financial business with people you dont know and please dont disclose your friends or families financial business either. Scammers are professional liars and thieves and they know what they are doing and how to get the information from you, by pretending to be so sweet and loving. What may seem like an innocent conversation on IM could be giving all your personal business to criminals. Be careful and stay safe. If it seems to good to be true, then it most likely is.

Please do not lead scammers to our site. This site is for victim support and encouragement where victims can come for help and guidance. We do not encourage sending scammers to this site.
Thank you and Have a great day.
Morgan
#13672 by Ralph Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 am
Thank you Morgan for your insight into romance scammers and their chat sesions.

The information you have put together is very accurate from my own observations with victims of these scammers and will be a huge help to those who need it most.

I have quite a few more chat sessions from the same scammer and I will work on those after I do a little more to the romance sticky I am currently working on with The Enchantress.
#13739 by The Enchantress Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 am
Thank You so much Morgan for that extremely well presented and insightful post on the techniques and reasons why many romance scammers prefer to use IM chat.

This chat is continuing on from the post by Ralph.

victim (10:47:10 PM): yes i am
victim (10:47:12 PM): why?
victim (10:47:19 PM): am i offline?

Robert Bennett (10:48:26 PM): Nop
Robert Bennett (10:48:35 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (10:48:47 PM): we need to spend more time with each other

The scammer feels as though he has not gotten close enough to the victim to begin stealing her money so wants to make sure he gets closer

victim (10:48:36 PM): did you think i had left? Lol

Robert Bennett (10:49:01 PM): Yes

victim (10:48:44 PM): why?

Robert Bennett (10:49:05 PM): lol

victim (10:48:47 PM): lol

Robert Bennett (10:49:25 PM): how often do you come online?

Now he is trying to make sure he can tie up any spare time of his victim, he will of course continue to try to scam multiple victims at once

victim (10:49:23 PM): everyday usually after work
victim (10:49:26 PM): 5pm

Robert Bennett (10:50:11 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (10:50:21 PM): i use to be one everyday too

victim (10:50:27 PM): brb need to use the bathroom

Now he will begin to lay down the foundations for his scam storyline, if they tell you they are travelling and especially if Africa is involved, you can be almost certain that it is a scam

Robert Bennett (10:50:54 PM): Also i will be Traveling next week to get some Antiques
Robert Bennett (10:50:55 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (10:57:55 PM): still waiting...lol

Let’s look at this logically, if he is going to Africa to pick up some antiques, how much does he have to get to make enough money to pay for his trip, wouldn’t he have a local supplier if there was a shred of truth to his story

victim (10:57:52 PM): im sorry
victim (10:57:57 PM): i really had to go

Robert Bennett (10:58:37 PM): where?
Robert Bennett (10:58:52 PM): bathroom?

victim (10:58:44 PM): yes
victim (10:58:49 PM): i really had to go,lol
victim (11:00:48 PM): so you are traveling to get some antiques?

Robert Bennett (11:01:03 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (11:01:09 PM): and will be back the same week

victim (11:01:17 PM): where are you going?

Robert Bennett (11:01:51 PM): but that does not stop us from communicating

Of course it won’t stop him from communicating, he has been there the whole time so he will have no difficulty at all in maintaining contact.

Most people when travelling will at least lose some of their means to stay in touch.

victim (11:01:38 PM): no it doesn’t

Robert Bennett (11:02:05 PM): i will be going to West Africa
Robert Bennett (11:02:10 PM): Good
Robert Bennett (11:02:27 PM): They have beautiful ones there

Here we have the mention of West Africa, apparently they have some beautiful antiques there, who would have thought?

victim (11:02:28 PM): wow africa!!!!!!
victim (11:02:41 PM): i heard it is beautiful and wonderful there!
victim (11:02:46 PM): im so excited for you

Robert Bennett (11:03:02 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (11:03:15 PM): Thank you
Robert Bennett (11:03:22 PM): have u been there before?

victim (11:03:42 PM): no but i had some friends go to gambia and they loved it

Robert Bennett (11:04:31 PM): Ohh...Okay
Robert Bennett (11:04:42 PM): i will send you some pics of me now
Robert Bennett (11:04:47 PM): i don't have many
Robert Bennett (11:04:54 PM): give me your email address

He doesn’t have many pictures because it’s hard to steal too many photos from the internet of the same person, they depend on the few pictures posted on websites to complete their photo albums.
While a very small number of scammers use their own pictures (perhaps 1%) most use pictures stolen from the internet, if you ask for a specific photo of them, they will very rarely be able to comply without the use of Photoshop, a skill they are rarely good at.

victim (11:05:12 PM):
(mail addresses provided here)

Robert Bennett (11:05:55 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (11:09:32 PM): still loading the pics

victim (11:09:29 PM): ok

5 minutes and 2 seconds later he is back asking more questions, it is looking like he has just greeted another of his victims who has just come online, keep your eye on the time stamps and you will notice longer pauses now

Robert Bennett (11:10:57 PM): what's the name of your daugther?

victim (11:10:49 PM): baby

Robert Bennett (11:12:15 PM): Nice name

1 minute 18 seconds to decide that "baby" is a nice name

victim (11:12:04 PM): thank you

Robert Bennett (11:12:24 PM): where is she now?

Here he is asking a thoughtless question, he has so many victims from so many difference places it is hard to remember all of their time zones.

victim (11:12:08 PM): in bed
victim (11:12:17 PM): its past 11pm

Robert Bennett (11:12:58 PM): Yes i know that
Robert Bennett (11:13:22 PM): I have a boy also
Robert Bennett (11:13:26 PM): his name is jeff
Robert Bennett (11:13:31 PM): and he his 12

Children are a tool they use to bring their victims closer.

If he knew the victims daughter would be in bed at 11:30 at night, why would he ask?

victim (11:13:27 PM): thats a good age

Robert Bennett (11:14:02 PM): Yeah

Agreeing along to look like he is paying attention

victim (11:16:11 PM): so have you ever wanted more children?

Robert Bennett (11:16:44 PM): yes

victim (11:17:47 PM): do you have prefence for boys or girls?

Robert Bennett (11:18:24 PM): i am okay with any
Robert Bennett (11:18:24 PM): nop
Robert Bennett (11:18:33 PM): and you?

He will avoid making a choice here as he would prefer to want the same as his victims, remember, he wants to be a perfect partner so he can have his victim fall in love quicker and send him money

victim (11:18:49 PM): i would like boys

Robert Bennett (11:20:03 PM): Sound good
Robert Bennett (11:20:13 PM): just sent you my pics now

It has been 15 minutes since he suggested the pictures, now he is finally sending them

victim (11:20:01 PM): ok let me look

Robert Bennett (11:21:00 PM): okay

victim (11:22:23 PM): let me send you some now

Robert Bennett (11:22:56 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (11:23:02 PM): do you like the pics?

victim (11:24:22 PM): yes and i have sent you some

Robert Bennett (11:24:59 PM): Okay...let me check

victim (11:25:11 PM): ok

2 minutes after he sent his last chat he completely ignores that his victim has sent photos and asks a completely new question

Robert Bennett (11:26:02 PM): when do you go for work?

victim (11:26:00 PM): 7am i have to be at work
victim (11:26:12 PM): get home by 5pm

Robert Bennett (11:26:44 PM): Good
Robert Bennett (11:27:03 PM): do you have access to the computer at work?

victim (11:26:56 PM): yes sometimes
victim (11:27:03 PM): around lunch time

Robert Bennett (11:27:44 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (11:28:11 PM): Just want to know we can talk when you are at work

He wants the victim to be thinking of nothing but him, the sooner he can get her falling for him the sooner he can get her to send him money

victim (11:28:04 PM): we might be able to

Robert Bennett (11:28:26 PM): we still need to know more about each other
Robert Bennett (11:28:52 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (11:28:53 PM): good

Again, he wants to know everything about his victim, not that he will remember much of this but he wants the victim to think he cares.

BTW, they will not always save their chats but often they will save them in their draft folders, remember, they are using an internet café more often than not so don’t have access to a hard drive

victim (11:28:48 PM): yes we do
victim (11:29:03 PM): i like learning about you and i like you wanting to know me
victim (11:29:08 PM): it makes me feel special

Robert Bennett (11:30:42 PM): Wow....sound intresting
Robert Bennett (11:30:57 PM): yes sure we need to know more about ourself

What is so interesting, once again he is just agreeing along

victim (11:30:46 PM): i agree so much!

Robert Bennett (11:31:12 PM): So tell me what you want to know about me

Now he has a little time free, his other victim may have left for the moment so he has offered to answer questions

victim (11:30:55 PM): im so glad you said something to me
victim (11:31:04 PM): i was to shy to say anything to you

Robert Bennett (11:31:38 PM): why?

victim (11:31:37 PM): im just shy and like the guy to make the moves

Robert Bennett (11:32:30 PM): well...Okay
Robert Bennett (11:32:36 PM): just looking at your pics

victim (11:32:35 PM): do you like them?

Robert Bennett (11:33:04 PM): how tall are you?
Robert Bennett (11:33:08 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:33:13 PM): you look so sweet

victim (11:33:12 PM): im 5ft 2in but taller with heels

Robert Bennett (11:33:52 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (11:35:25 PM): so what do you do for fun?

I thought it was his victims chance to ask questions but here he is with more of his own

victim (11:35:26 PM): i like to dance and garden and swim and listen to music

Robert Bennett (11:36:01 PM): good
Robert Bennett (11:36:39 PM): i like going to the beach,swimming,dancing and writing poem

I can almost guarantee he has copied that from his draft folder.
Also note the lack of spaces after punctuation, very common for Africans when writing English.

Scammers love sending poems to their victims, it is extremely rare that they will actually write one themselves which means that Google will pick them up in almost all cases

victim (11:36:24 PM): what do you like to do for fun?

Robert Bennett (11:36:48 PM): you look so sweet

victim (11:36:30 PM): oops,lol
victim (11:36:38 PM): you write poems?
victim (11:36:42 PM): i love poems

Robert Bennett (11:37:03 PM): i keep looking at your pics
Robert Bennett (11:37:06 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:37:11 PM): really

victim (11:37:40 PM): i like r and b music do you?

Robert Bennett (11:38:22 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:38:28 PM): i wish i can see you now
Robert Bennett (11:38:32 PM): do you have cam?
Robert Bennett (11:38:44 PM): mine was broken by Jeff

So he still hasn’t answered his victims question properly and is off again asking new questions, they rarely have regard for what their victims write, the problem is that you really need to look for it to see it.

Now he would like to see his victim on webcam, while scammers primarily want to steal your money, they don’t mind getting a free show while they are at it and may even ask for risqué pictures or nude shots on webcam.

These pictures will often be saved and shared amongst their friends in the internet café. I have also seen cases where the victims have been threatened by the scammer after she realises the scam, that if she does not send money he will post her nude or risqué pictures on the internet.

They have absolutely no morals and could not care less about the pain and misery they cause, they care only for the money they hope to steal from their victims.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#13748 by The Enchantress Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 am
Chat session continues;

victim (11:38:33 PM): i did have one but baby dropped my laptop and broke the glass

Robert Bennett (11:39:15 PM): Ohh....so sorry
Robert Bennett (11:39:27 PM): is it still working or not?

Well, if the glass is broken I would think not but scammers do love to be able to see who they are stealing from

victim (11:39:09 PM): yes me too
victim (11:39:19 PM): but she is young and i couldnt be mad
victim (11:39:23 PM): it was an accident

Robert Bennett (11:39:51 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (11:40:10 PM): tell me what do you really want in a man
Robert Bennett (11:40:12 PM): ?

Again, more questions.

In this case he wants to know what you want so he can be exactly what qualities you consider agreeable

victim (11:40:33 PM): i want real love and accptance, kindness, honesty,playfulness, romantic,sexy

Robert Bennett (11:41:45 PM): Good to hear that
Robert Bennett (11:41:58 PM): That is what can make a relationship strong
Robert Bennett (11:42:09 PM): With Trust and Understanding
Robert Bennett (11:42:50 PM): i can't just stop looking at your pics....lol

Scammers are always going to be full of praise and tell you how beautiful you are, even in cases where they have not seen your pictures they will still tell you this

victim (11:42:41 PM): wow so glad you like them

Robert Bennett (11:43:06 PM): you are so beautyful
Robert Bennett (11:43:10 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:43:12 PM): do you still have more pics?

Scammers love getting large sets of pictures from their victims, they will often re-use them for scamming when "working" ie pretending to be female

victim (11:43:11 PM): i do have more

Robert Bennett (11:43:37 PM): and how old are you?
Robert Bennett (11:43:43 PM): please send me more

Here we have him wanting to know all about his victim so when he is using those pictures, he will be able to describe himself accordingly

victim (11:43:24 PM): im 35
victim (11:43:31 PM): no i will not,lol
victim (11:43:35 PM): i just met you

Robert Bennett (11:44:06 PM): please i know that
Robert Bennett (11:44:40 PM): just need to see more of you

victim (11:44:59 PM): you have enough for now

1 minute and 6 seconds later he has more questions and still has said virtually nothing about himself

Robert Bennett (11:45:46 PM): Well..Its okay
Robert Bennett (11:46:44 PM): which state are you in?
Robert Bennett (11:47:37 PM): you there?

victim (11:48:55 PM): im sorry
victim (11:49:02 PM): my phone was ringing
victim (11:49:09 PM): i live in alabama
victim (11:49:12 PM): where are you?

Robert Bennett (11:49:32 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (11:49:41 PM): i am in IL

No, he isn’t, he is in Africa - Note - IL is an abbreviation for the State of Illinois

victim (11:49:50 PM): ok
victim (11:49:57 PM): its cold there do you like it there?

Robert Bennett (11:50:58 PM): nop but no where to go
Robert Bennett (11:50:59 PM): lol

victim (11:51:30 PM): lol
victim (11:51:40 PM): have you lived there always?

Robert Bennett (11:52:13 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:52:50 PM): you?

victim (11:52:49 PM): my ex was military and i moved around some

Robert Bennett (11:53:28 PM): Really
Robert Bennett (11:53:59 PM): i work with the US Marine as an ocean diver

victim (11:53:52 PM): wow
victim (11:54:00 PM): so you have moved around to then?

Robert Bennett (11:54:29 PM): i will send you an email on more about me okay
Robert Bennett (11:54:32 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (11:54:39 PM): i like travelling

He wants to send an email to describe himself better because he has one already written for you and it will be easier for him

victim (11:54:42 PM): ok i would really like that
victim (11:54:49 PM): i want to know more about you

Robert Bennett (11:55:19 PM): i will send you that soon

victim (11:55:11 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (11:55:49 PM): Good
Robert Bennett (11:56:20 PM): i will want you to also reply my mails
Robert Bennett (11:56:32 PM): i like comuniacting

Again, he wants to be sure his victim keeps him in mind constantly

victim (11:56:13 PM): i will try but make no promises
victim (11:56:27 PM): i am very bad about emails and work and all

Robert Bennett (11:57:07 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (11:57:22 PM): But i still want you to just send me a reply

They can be quite pushy and demanding with their victims, keep your eye out for it

victim (11:58:41 PM): i will try

Robert Bennett (11:59:54 PM): Thanks

victim (11:59:43 PM): your welcome
victim (11:59:47 PM): ok
victim (11:59:54 PM): you must write fast

Robert Bennett (12:00:03 AM): I am sending you the mail now
Robert Bennett (12:00:23 AM): yes

Of course he writes fast, it was prewritten

victim (12:04:30 AM): good night
victim (12:04:52 AM):

Robert Bennett (12:07:11 AM): Just sent you the mail now
Robert Bennett (12:07:24 AM): I will want you to send me a reply

The chat ends here so lets recap thus far;

1)The scammer has revealed he is an antiques dealer
2) He is travelling to West Africa for a week next week to find some antiques
3) He has a 12 year old son named Jeff
4) He likes poems (albeit stealing them to send to his victims)
5) He stated "i work with the US Marine as an ocean diver" yet claims he was/is an antiques dealer
6) He also noted, "i am in IL"
7) His likes are "i like going to the beach,swimming,dancing and writing poem"
8 ) And Jeff broke his webcam

Considering the last chat was 12:07 and the first 10:23 that is not very much to reveal in nearly 2 hours of chat.

#13791 by Ralph Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:31 am
In the last chat our scammer suggested he would be sending an email to our victim, this is a good opportunity to take a look at the headers, if you don’t know what to do with the headers or how to retrieve them, please ask one of our support team members who can help you with it, if you let them know what email provider you use (yahoo, hotmail, gmail)?then we can give you specific instructions.

In this case, the headers will tell you this person is in Africa, considering he has suggested he is going to be travelling to Africa next week, we straight away know he is a romance scammer

Continuing on with a chat the following day;

victim (11:01:52 AM): Hi Robert I think of you all the time and wonder why you wont come online. have i done somting to offend you or are you just really busy? i hope to see you online soon and if not then i know you have found someone else. just know i am thinking of you and wanted to know you better

Robert Bennett (1:20:37 PM): Hi honey,How are you doing?i have been thinking about you too....I sent you an email and did not get any reply from you so i have been wondering what is going on with you...I will be online today and i hope to talk to you soon...How was your day?Kisses and Hugs...xxx

Scammers pay about $1 US for every hour they are sitting at the internet café trying to scam you, therefore they will normally try to pick the best times to be online to make the most of their victims time, when they are there, they will be busily "working" on as many "jobs" as possible.

BTW, "job" is exactly what a scammer thinks of you and is a term they use for scamming

victim (3:21:06 PM): hi Robert! Good to see you on here

Robert Bennett (3:21:18 PM): Hi honey
Robert Bennett (3:21:21 PM): how are you
Robert Bennett (3:21:23 PM): ?

victim (3:21:30 PM): im very well

Robert Bennett (3:21:31 PM): i have been thinking about you

Of course he has been thinking about her, that is not a lie, he has been thinking about getting his filthy hands on her money

victim (3:21:39 PM): getting home early from work today
victim (3:21:47 PM): i have been thinking of you too
victim (3:22:23 PM): i really have missed chatting with you
victim (3:22:32 PM): im so happy to see you here

Robert Bennett (3:22:34 PM): me too

victim (3:22:37 PM): it has made my day

Robert Bennett (3:22:41 PM): how are you doing sweetie?

victim (3:22:51 PM): im wonderful now

Robert Bennett (3:22:51 PM): lol....Thanks
Robert Bennett (3:23:19 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (3:23:34 PM): i sent you an email but i did not get any reply from you
Robert Bennett (3:23:37 PM): what happen?

The scammer believes his pre-written scripted email is so good it will have his victims instantly fall in love, unfortunately it does sometimes work

victim (3:23:39 PM): so how is everything with you?
victim (3:23:49 PM): did you send it to yahoo?
victim (3:23:54 PM): or my gmail?

Robert Bennett (3:24:04 PM): yahoo

victim (3:24:11 PM): yahoo loses a lot of my mail so i have switched to gmail now

Robert Bennett (3:24:13 PM): am doing good
Robert Bennett (3:24:27 PM): just trying to get my document ready for the Trip
Robert Bennett (3:24:35 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (3:24:49 PM): send me an email with your gmail...okay

Without wasting too much time, he is continuing on with his scam story line, he wants the victim to think he is travelling as this is part of his story line and what he has prewritten scripts for.

victim (3:24:53 PM): what kind of document do you need?
victim (3:24:57 PM): ok
victim (3:25:08 PM):
[email protected]
victim (3:25:22 PM): there is my gmail address

Robert Bennett (3:25:29 PM): my passport,tax clearance,statement of account and many more

He doesn’t know exactly what he needs as he is very unlikely to have ever been outside Africa

victim (3:25:30 PM): i tried to get it the same as my yahoo
victim (3:25:42 PM): wow that sounds hard,lol
victim (3:25:48 PM): to many papers to remember

Robert Bennett (3:26:07 PM): Ohh...lol
Robert Bennett (3:26:16 PM): can i give you a call later?

Here we have something that is down to individual scammer choice, the scammers pretending to be female will normally avoid phone calls as it is often hard for them to convince a girl to talk to you on the phone and it may mean they have to pay her to do it.

The male scammers on the other hand have an abundance of people to make the call for them, depending on the individual scammer, they might get the local scammer with the best accent to make the call for them or they might do it themselves, surprisingly, many of them can do a very good impersonation of American.

By getting the victim on the phone they can work their magic even faster and it is a good way for them to gauge how hooked their victim is

Most victims will later reveal that they did notice an unusual accent but didn’t think much of it.

victim (3:26:35 PM): yes have i given you my number?

Robert Bennett (3:26:43 PM): nop

victim (3:26:47 PM): it has been so long since we talked i dont remember

Robert Bennett (3:26:48 PM): give it to me now

Africans will often see women as inferior to men, it is one of those things that seems to be in their breeding and even more so with those who scam, they believe they are so much smarter than their victims as well and every so often this natural urge will slip

victim (3:26:50 PM): im so sorry
victim (3:26:57 PM): i have a terrible memory sometimes

Robert Bennett (3:26:57 PM): you welcome

victim (3:27:01 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (3:27:04 PM): Huh....how?

victim (3:27:20 PM): Phone number removed

Robert Bennett (3:27:27 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (3:27:37 PM): i will give you a call from the pay phone after
Robert Bennett (3:27:38 PM): okay

At this stage the scammer does not want to give the victim his phone number so he is telling her he will ring from a pay phone, this is a lie.

I will also point out that scammers will often try to get their victims to do most of the calling to save themselves money, this usually comes later in the scam when they begin to get the victim hooked

victim (3:27:43 PM): ok
victim (3:27:52 PM): i cant wait to hear your voice

Robert Bennett (3:28:04 PM): I will give you a call
Robert Bennett (3:28:07 PM): guess what?

victim (3:28:43 PM): what sweetie?

Robert Bennett (3:28:57 PM): I have a Europian ascent....lol

Here he is preparing his excuse for his his accent, they will rarely tell you they have an African accent

victim (3:29:16 PM): i believe you said from Italy right?
victim (3:29:27 PM): so you should sound Spanish

Robert Bennett (3:29:31 PM): nop...ukraine

victim (3:29:32 PM): ?
victim (3:29:39 PM): oh
victim (3:29:42 PM): russian then?

Robert Bennett (3:30:03 PM): yes part of Russia

No, Ukraine is not part of Russia

victim (3:30:26 PM): wow
victim (3:30:32 PM): i bet that sounds sexy

Robert Bennett (3:30:45 PM): hummm....lol
Robert Bennett (3:30:55 PM): you will tell me that when you hear my voice

Scammers are very sure of themselves and quite confident

victim (3:31:03 PM): ok cant wait

Robert Bennett (3:31:11 PM): i will babe

victim (3:31:12 PM): i really thought maybe you had moved on

Robert Bennett (3:31:25 PM): on with what?

He doesn’t understand the saying

victim (3:31:39 PM): i will always write you an email back if you email me unless i dont get the email
victim (3:31:51 PM): with another lady maybe you have met
victim (3:31:59 PM): since i didnt hear back from you anymore

Robert Bennett (3:32:02 PM): okay....send me en email now with your gmail
Robert Bennett (3:32:03 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (3:32:11 PM): huh....nop

victim (3:32:15 PM): ok you want a quickie one,lol

Robert Bennett (3:32:19 PM): you know i really want you in my life
Robert Bennett (3:32:25 PM): i can't wait to see you

He has absolutely no intention of ever actually seeing his victim, he is only interested in her money

victim (3:32:33 PM): we need to talk about so much Robert

Robert Bennett (3:32:34 PM): i will come to you when i get back from Africa
Robert Bennett (3:32:36 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (3:32:40 PM): yes

Here we begin to see the empty promises

victim (3:32:41 PM): ok!
victim (3:32:50 PM): let me write you a quick email ok?

Robert Bennett (3:32:53 PM): we need to do that sweetie
Robert Bennett (3:32:56 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (3:33:01 PM): i will wait

victim (3:33:11 PM): will you give me your email address again so i can copy it?

Robert Bennett (3:34:02 PM):
[email protected]

victim (3:34:24 PM): ok i will send you a quickie

Robert Bennett (3:34:34 PM): ok

victim (3:37:11 PM): ok i have sent you one

Robert Bennett (3:37:24 PM): ok let me check now

victim (3:37:33 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (3:40:11 PM): got it
Robert Bennett (3:40:16 PM): thanks for the mail
Robert Bennett (3:40:36 PM): you really good to me and i want to spend the rest of my life with you

Now he wants to spend the rest of his life with the victim, as far as I know this is only the second time they have chatted and a couple of scripted emails have been exchanged

The sooner they can get their victim to fall in love, the sooner they can get money from their victims

victim (3:40:41 PM): you are so welcome
victim (3:40:47 PM): really?
victim (3:40:55 PM): that is kinda fast isnt it,lol

Robert Bennett (3:41:08 PM): nop
Robert Bennett (3:41:12 PM): not fast
Robert Bennett (3:41:22 PM): what do you want to know about me sweetie?

You might recall he asked the same thing in the last chat and didn’t end up answering anything, lets see how he goes this time

victim (3:41:52 PM): we may have discussed it but i have forgotten because it has been a while
victim (3:41:58 PM): do you have kids?

Robert Bennett (3:42:37 PM): yes just one
Robert Bennett (3:42:39 PM): and you?

Again, this was discussed in the last chat, The victim has a daughter named "Baby" and he has a son named "Jeff" who broke his webcam
#13792 by Ralph Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 am
victim (3:42:58 PM): yes i have one too a girl named baby

Robert Bennett (3:43:59 PM): good
Robert Bennett (3:44:09 PM): mine is jeff 12 yrs old

victim (3:44:16 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (3:45:07 PM): you work as a physical therapist is that right?

He has gone back to previous correspondance to have a quick catch up on his victim, notice the time stamps.

victim (3:45:41 PM): yes that is correct and you?

Robert Bennett (3:46:36 PM): i sell Antiques
Robert Bennett (3:46:43 PM): 45 yrs
Robert Bennett (3:46:50 PM): and you 35

No, he doesn’t have a good memory, he noticed that while he was looking

victim (3:47:01 PM): yes thats what i thpought but i was afraid to say because i might be wrong,lol

Robert Bennett (3:47:12 PM): huh...lol

victim (3:47:12 PM): yes we are remembering now,lol

Robert Bennett (3:47:39 PM): i have all you data in my memory
Robert Bennett (3:47:43 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (3:48:03 PM): i will send you a poem soon

No, he has all of the data saved

victim (3:48:15 PM): well i feel so embarrassed cause i forget! please forgive me

Robert Bennett (3:48:41 PM): not to worry
Robert Bennett (3:48:53 PM): it's been long we chat

victim (3:49:18 PM): ok im so glad you understand

Robert Bennett (3:49:33 PM): Yw

victim (3:49:33 PM): now where are you traveling to?

Robert Bennett (3:50:04 PM): West Africa

victim (3:50:09 PM): Thats right!
victim (3:50:14 PM): i remember now

Robert Bennett (3:50:16 PM): have you been there before?
Robert Bennett (3:50:31 PM): good

victim (3:50:32 PM): noooo but my friends have went to Gambia and they loved it so much
victim (3:50:37 PM): i was so jealous,lol
victim (3:50:43 PM): i have always wanted to go

Robert Bennett (3:50:44 PM): huh...lol
Robert Bennett (3:50:51 PM): you will be there one day
Robert Bennett (3:51:04 PM): maybe next time am going

victim (3:51:27 PM): yes i plan on taking a vacation there and going on a safari and seeing the animals and going to the beaches and maybe a shark adventure too

Robert Bennett (3:51:48 PM): good

victim (3:51:49 PM): im fascinated with great white sharks

Robert Bennett (3:52:03 PM): what font are you using?i really like it
Robert Bennett (3:52:12 PM): ohh

victim (3:52:20 PM): im using 13 and blue,lol

Robert Bennett (3:52:39 PM): okay

victim (3:52:47 PM): it says arial

Robert Bennett (3:52:55 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (3:52:57 PM): good

victim (3:53:11 PM): you are now blue too,lol

Robert Bennett (3:53:37 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (3:53:46 PM): i like yellow

victim (3:53:55 PM): i will change to another blue so we can see each other better
victim (3:54:03 PM): heres another

Robert Bennett (3:54:53 PM): okay
Robert Bennett (3:54:55 PM): good
Robert Bennett (3:55:03 PM): just like the font that's all

victim (3:55:05 PM): now we are both lovely blue

Robert Bennett (3:55:18 PM): huh...lol
Robert Bennett (3:55:24 PM): what do you do for fun?

He asked this same question in the last chat and besides, he suggested she should be asking him questions

victim (3:55:33 PM): i love all kinds of things

Robert Bennett (3:55:42 PM): like what?

victim (3:55:43 PM): i love to cook, watch birds, love nature
victim (3:55:48 PM): i like to swim

Lets see how long it takes for him to like the same things

Robert Bennett (3:56:03 PM): Good to hear that

victim (3:56:12 PM): i love to garden in my yard and i love to go to a club and dance sometimes
victim (3:56:24 PM): what do you love?

Robert Bennett (3:56:51 PM): what kind of bird do you like

victim (3:57:13 PM): we have many that i like but my favorite is the Eastern Bluebird

Robert Bennett (3:57:27 PM): i like going to beach,go to cinema's,write poetery,swimming
Robert Bennett (3:57:39 PM): Okay

Now this is interesting, isn’t that precisely what he said in the last chat

victim (3:57:44 PM): oh swimming together would be so fun
#13793 by Ralph Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:37 am
Robert Bennett (3:57:56 PM): I like the African Grey Parrot
Robert Bennett (3:58:00 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (3:58:07 PM): that will a great fun

Well look at that, he does have an interest in birds and just happens to like an African parrot

victim (3:58:09 PM): oh yes they are beautiful and big! Lol

Robert Bennett (3:58:34 PM): yes

victim (3:58:41 PM): so tell me about your marriage?

Robert Bennett (3:58:44 PM): do you live alone?

victim (3:58:56 PM): i live with my daughter and dogs and a cat

Robert Bennett (3:58:58 PM): huh....that's a long story

victim (3:59:13 PM): well why arent you together anymore?

He has completely avoided answering the question and on he goes with more questions of his own

Robert Bennett (3:59:19 PM): okay...do you rent an apt or own the house?

victim (3:59:30 PM): i own my own home

Robert Bennett (4:00:37 PM): good
Robert Bennett (4:00:41 PM): Have been a widowed for the past 5yrs 7months . I was married with a kid but lost my ex she was shot by some robbers

It took him a few minutes to find his script and greet the other victim but he is ready now

victim (4:01:05 PM): OMG!!!! was she alone or were you and the child there?

Robert Bennett (4:01:26 PM): she was alone

victim (4:01:34 PM): im so sorry!
victim (4:01:43 PM): that must have been tramatising

Robert Bennett (4:01:43 PM): not to worry sweetie
Robert Bennett (4:02:07 PM): it really was

victim (4:02:10 PM): was she at your home or in a parking lot or what?

Robert Bennett (4:04:09 PM): she was alone in the house
Robert Bennett (4:04:19 PM): when they came in

victim (4:04:26 PM): your poor son not being able to have a mom anymore

Robert Bennett (4:04:41 PM): he mean the world to me
Robert Bennett (4:04:51 PM): i have been the one taking care of him for yrs now

Here he is playing as his victims maternal instincts and wants her to feel like she can be a mother to the child

victim (4:05:18 PM): yes I know you sweet man, im so sorry you had to go through that
victim (4:05:44 PM): where did they kill her? in the kitchen bedroom? was there a lot of blood? what did you do?

Robert Bennett (4:06:13 PM): i don't like talking about this story

No, because he doesn’t have any more script on it

victim (4:06:25 PM): im sorry

Robert Bennett (4:06:33 PM): i need to move on with my life and stop thinking about that anymore

How long ago was that?

victim (4:06:38 PM): i just want to be with you for what you went through

And that is exactly what the scammer was hoping to hear

Robert Bennett (4:06:39 PM): not to worry
Robert Bennett (4:06:49 PM): i need you too

victim (4:07:35 PM): i will not ask about it anymore, i was just feeling close to you, sorry i upset you

Robert Bennett (4:08:40 PM): nop you did not...i just don't want to remember that naymore

victim (4:08:47 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (4:08:48 PM): tell me about yours?

victim (4:09:13 PM): well my ex kept cheating on me
victim (4:09:23 PM): and when i would fuss at him he would hit me
victim (4:09:32 PM): and it would upset baby really bad

Robert Bennett (4:09:41 PM): aww....so sad to hear that
Robert Bennett (4:09:50 PM): where is he now?

victim (4:10:10 PM): he is still in town but not allowed to come near me or baby

Robert Bennett (4:10:34 PM): he must be a heartless person

Now that just makes me mad, this scammer who makes a living by breaking women’s hearts is calling somebody else heartless

victim (4:10:54 PM): he just thinks that his women is not allowed to speak up to him
victim (4:11:07 PM): but if he is cheating he could have brought me a desease
victim (4:11:12 PM): and it scared me really bad
victim (4:11:21 PM): and he might get them pregnant

Robert Bennett (4:11:23 PM): that's bull shit

victim (4:11:29 PM): so of course i fussed at him for it
victim (4:11:46 PM): then he told me to shut up and i wasnt his boss

Robert Bennett (4:11:54 PM): where is baby now?

victim (4:12:01 PM): and i told him i wasnt trying to be but he needed to listen to the facts
victim (4:12:12 PM): she is here with me eating

Robert Bennett (4:12:24 PM): say hi to her

He wants to form a bond with the child as well to make the woman think he will be a good father to her children

victim (4:12:37 PM): i waved to her and she waved back,lol
victim (4:12:42 PM): she has her mouth full

Robert Bennett (4:12:45 PM): good

victim (4:12:49 PM): she has now run off
victim (4:12:52 PM): lol
victim (4:12:57 PM): chasing the dog
#13794 by Ralph Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:38 am
Robert Bennett (4:12:58 PM): huh...
Robert Bennett (4:13:08 PM): why are you home by this time?

Scammers will sometimes keep a diary of sorts to keep track of which victims will be online and when

victim (4:13:19 PM): i got off early because work was slow
victim (4:13:26 PM): im off the next 3 days too
victim (4:13:35 PM): i feel so happy and free right now
victim (4:13:46 PM): wish yu were here and we could go out and have a date

Robert Bennett (4:13:58 PM): Ohh....good to hear that so we can be talk for 3 days...lol
Robert Bennett (4:14:16 PM): i wish i can too

victim (4:14:16 PM): yes if we want to we can chat and chat

Robert Bennett (4:14:29 PM): you must be a boss at work too...lol
Robert Bennett (4:14:37 PM): good

victim (4:14:51 PM): no but it was really slow and i asked the boss if i could go ahead and go
victim (4:14:57 PM): she said it would be fine
victim (4:15:20 PM): we have an office manager over all of us
victim (4:15:33 PM): there are 4 of us physical therapists there

Robert Bennett (4:16:15 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (4:16:22 PM): you are among the boss right?

victim (4:16:28 PM): yes
victim (4:16:38 PM): she just keeps us organized,lol

Robert Bennett (4:16:44 PM): good to hear that
Robert Bennett (4:16:47 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (4:16:49 PM): Ok
Robert Bennett (4:17:05 PM): i like an acomplish woman

No, he likes a woman who he can easily steal from

victim (4:17:29 PM): well you should like me then
victim (4:17:40 PM): so what did you have for dinner today?

Robert Bennett (4:17:41 PM): yes i do\
Robert Bennett (4:17:54 PM): i just send you an email with a poem

Going by the time stamps he obviously didn’t write it while chatting, it is just one he has stolen from a website and has saved in his draft folder

victim (4:18:03 PM): awww you did thank you

Robert Bennett (4:18:17 PM): you welcome

It was nothing, don’t mention it, really, it was nothing but he wants you to think he is very romantic

victim (4:18:17 PM): do you want me to read it now or wait till later?

Robert Bennett (4:20:58 PM): anyone you feel like doing...lol

victim (4:21:20 PM): i really want to talk with you before something happens and one of us has to leave,lol
victim (4:21:27 PM): i feel so excited talking to you

Robert Bennett (4:24:07 PM): i feel like talking to you too
Robert Bennett (4:24:18 PM): maybe you can read it later then

victim (4:24:34 PM): yes i will then
victim (4:24:46 PM): so have you dated since you lost your wife?

Robert Bennett (4:25:02 PM): what month are you?

Very unusual way to ask somebody when their birthday is

victim (4:25:31 PM): what do you mean?
victim (4:25:36 PM): my birthday?

Robert Bennett (4:26:27 PM): yes

victim (4:26:37 PM): may 18th is my birthday
victim (4:26:45 PM): i just turned 35
victim (4:26:50 PM): when is yours?

Robert Bennett (4:27:15 PM): mine is April 9

victim (4:28:09 PM): well we have ours behind us then
victim (4:28:12 PM): good!
victim (4:28:21 PM): i dont like birthdays much

Robert Bennett (4:28:24 PM): yes

victim (4:28:34 PM): just means im older and less likely to have more kids

Robert Bennett (4:28:45 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (4:28:57 PM): when is baby's birthday?

He is just making conversation and pretending he cares

victim (4:29:19 PM): hers is June 20th she just had hers too

Robert Bennett (4:29:44 PM): Oh...good

victim (4:30:03 PM): so we are all one year older,lol
victim (4:30:06 PM): yucky
victim (4:32:23 PM): do you ever want more children?

Only if you do, he will always want what he thinks his victim wants

4 minutes after the last sent chat he comes back from tending to his other victim

Robert Bennett (4:33:26 PM): You there?

victim (4:33:36 PM): yes, where are you?

Robert Bennett (4:34:37 PM): Home

victim (4:35:20 PM): do you ever want more children?

Robert Bennett (4:36:27 PM): Yes and you?

victim (4:36:41 PM): yes i do
victim (4:36:50 PM): my ex never wanted anymore
victim (4:37:04 PM): he wanted me to have an abortion with baby but i wouldnt do it

Robert Bennett (4:37:49 PM): oh that wickedness
Robert Bennett (4:37:55 PM): i want more kids
Robert Bennett (4:38:02 PM): what sex do you want?

victim (4:38:15 PM): i want a boy because i have a girl already

Robert Bennett (4:38:54 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (4:39:06 PM): i also want a gurl cos i have a boy already
Robert Bennett (4:39:09 PM): lol

Agreeing along, he probably wasn’t quite sure what he was agreeing to but it really makes no difference

victim (4:39:32 PM): well then if we get together we can have 2, a boy and girl,lol

Robert Bennett (4:41:31 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (4:41:32 PM): Thats Okay
Robert Bennett (4:41:58 PM): brb
Robert Bennett (4:42:09 PM): Okay

His other victim needs all of his attention for now so he will go missing and come back later

victim (4:42:39 PM): ok i will be here

Robert Bennett (4:42:53 PM): Okay

Almost 4 hours later he will come back, he has completely forgotten all about this victim
#13796 by The Enchantress Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:46 am
4 hours after he said he will be right back the victim notices him online and says ‘Hi"

victim (8:40:36 PM): hi robert
victim (8:40:48 PM): im back from my house duties are you there?

Robert Bennett (8:40:49 PM): Hi

victim (8:41:23 PM): sorry it took me so long are you still awake? Lol

Robert Bennett (8:41:30 PM): yes i am here
Robert Bennett (8:41:54 PM): aliitle bit sleepy but i am awake now
Robert Bennett (8:42:14 PM): Was thinking about us before you arrive

The victim has told him on the phone that she is going to visit, he wont like this idea as he is a Nigerian who looks nothing like his picture

victim (8:42:18 PM): i dont want to keep you up honey if you are tired

Robert Bennett (8:43:03 PM): Its Okay we can talk now
Robert Bennett (8:43:38 PM): Who would have a wonderful woman like you and says his tired?
Robert Bennett (8:43:39 PM): lol

says his tired?

victim (8:43:46 PM): lol
victim (8:43:52 PM): you are so sweet!

Robert Bennett (8:44:20 PM): lol

victim (8:44:28 PM): what have you been doing while i was gone?

Robert Bennett (8:44:38 PM): thinking about you

The truth here is he has been trying to scam other women

victim (8:46:11 PM): you had to have done something,lol
victim (8:46:15 PM): did you watch tv?
victim (8:46:25 PM): listen to music? anything?

Robert Bennett (8:47:42 PM): listen to music
Robert Bennett (8:48:00 PM): some of MJ old songs

Nigerians actually have a good knowledge of Western Music, they will normally prefer the African Americans singing which is understandable I guess, just another red flag

victim (8:48:02 PM): what is your favorite?
victim (8:48:05 PM): ok
victim (8:48:13 PM): i like r and b

Robert Bennett (8:49:17 PM): speachless

victim (8:49:20 PM): Akon, Chris Brown, stuff like that

Robert Bennett (8:49:27 PM): i like that too

Just agreeing along

victim (8:49:50 PM): any others ?

Robert Bennett (8:51:12 PM): Diana ross

Unusual choice for a male

victim (8:51:45 PM): she was in the supremes right?

Robert Bennett (8:52:37 PM): yes

I am a little surprised at the delay here, I would have presumed he would know the answer so why the delay, does he have another victim in chat or is he using Google to look up the answers?

victim (8:52:58 PM): i like wild Tina Turner too,lol

Robert Bennett (8:53:31 PM): Oh
Robert Bennett (8:53:36 PM): same here too
Robert Bennett (8:53:48 PM): I guess we have lots in common

Of course they have lots in common, the scammer has just been agreeing along, I wont say what I think he has lots more in common with

victim (8:54:32 PM): i guess so
victim (8:54:46 PM): i loved Princes song "when doves cry"

Robert Bennett (8:55:55 PM): Thats cool

Over a 2 minute break and "that’s cool", I am beginning to suspect he has another victim on line

victim (8:56:27 PM): i love Akon's song belly dancer tho,lol
victim (8:56:31 PM): and locked up

Robert Bennett (8:57:05 PM): i love locked up too

This time 1 minute 10 seconds to agree along

victim (8:57:24 PM): i also like

Robert Bennett (8:57:26 PM): they are great singers and got great songs

No thought required there

victim (8:57:29 PM): put the blame on me
victim (8:57:35 PM): yes

Robert Bennett (8:58:26 PM): How about R KELLY

1 minute later he wants to get his victim to continue without him while he chats with his other victim

victim (8:58:58 PM): what song does he sing? i dont recognize his name but might a song

Robert Bennett (8:59:28 PM): Robert Kelly
Robert Bennett (8:59:34 PM): Storm is Over
Robert Bennett (8:59:53 PM): I belive i can fly

He comes back another minute later, R Kelly is obviously a singer he knows

victim (9:00:08 PM): nope dont know that one unless i heard it and didnt know the title

Robert Bennett (9:00:50 PM): Oh
Robert Bennett (9:00:52 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (9:01:11 PM): how about boyz 2 men

Another minute later to continue agreeing and ask another question

victim (9:01:36 PM): love them!
victim (9:01:54 PM): brb

Robert Bennett (9:02:26 PM): Okay

1 minute 16 seconds this time to acknowledge his victim

victim (9:09:21 PM): im back
victim (9:09:27 PM): had to pee really bad,lol

Robert Bennett (9:09:30 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (9:09:35 PM): lol

victim (9:09:50 PM): i feel much better now!

Robert Bennett (9:10:38 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (9:10:44 PM): So...

Here we have another minute break, it is painfully obvious he is busy with something else

victim (9:10:59 PM): ?

#13797 by The Enchantress Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 am
Robert Bennett (9:14:07 PM): Where are we

3 minutes and 20 seconds of being gone and here he shows his true colours by not having a clue as to what they were writing about

victim (9:14:23 PM): whereever you want to be,lol
victim (9:15:05 PM): do you like pets?

Robert Bennett (9:15:32 PM): yep
Robert Bennett (9:15:41 PM): dogs and you?

And again, another minute to basically agree along

victim (9:16:09 PM): yes dogs and a cat,lol

Robert Bennett (9:17:01 PM): cool
Robert Bennett (9:17:10 PM): what kind of dog do you like?

1 minute 20, agree some more and ask yet another question to keep this victim occupied

victim (9:17:34 PM): mini schnauzer and a german shepherd mix

Robert Bennett (9:19:18 PM): I love Yokies and English bulldog
Robert Bennett (9:19:23 PM): Do you like birds?

Over 2 minutes

victim (9:19:28 PM): yes i do

Robert Bennett (9:22:20 PM): Cool

Then 3 minutes, and they did discuss birds at length yesterday, even I remember, he liked the African Grey Parrot

victim (9:22:39 PM): do you have birds?
victim (9:22:46 PM): or you just like birds?

Robert Bennett (9:22:47 PM): yes
Robert Bennett (9:22:56 PM): African Grey or Macaw

Well, lucky he remembers what parrot he likes

victim (9:23:17 PM): those are big birds you have to handle them with care,lol

Robert Bennett (9:23:33 PM): Yep

victim (9:24:06 PM): you could lose and eye or finger

Robert Bennett (9:24:22 PM): Lol
Robert Bennett (9:24:24 PM): Yes

He would agree with anything right now, he has no real interest in his victim at all

victim (9:25:35 PM): they love to eat fruit and chew toys
victim (9:26:02 PM): would you be shy?
victim (9:26:29 PM): hello?

Robert Bennett (9:27:21 PM): Not really

3 minutes

victim (9:27:34 PM): thats good
victim (9:27:39 PM): im a little shy

Robert Bennett (9:28:50 PM): why?

Another minute and a half

victim (9:29:03 PM): im big and feel ugly
victim (9:29:10 PM): so it makes me kinda shy

Robert Bennett (9:29:30 PM): lol,but you not
Robert Bennett (9:29:38 PM): i love you the way you are

Only 40 seconds later and he feels the need to show some thoughtless attention

victim (9:29:57 PM): well thats why i like you so much
victim (9:30:03 PM): because you are so sweet

Robert Bennett (9:31:02 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (9:31:05 PM): You too

Agreeing along

victim (9:31:34 PM): thank you,lol
victim (9:31:44 PM): are you done packing for your trip?

Robert Bennett (9:32:44 PM): Yes

That’s an easy question to answer seeing as he is already in Africa

victim (9:32:54 PM): are you sleepy?
victim (9:33:01 PM): do you need to get some rest?

Robert Bennett (9:33:04 PM): Kind of
Robert Bennett (9:33:07 PM): and you?

victim (9:33:46 PM): a little bit
victim (9:34:03 PM): i dont want to go tho because you will be traveling and we cant chat

Robert Bennett (9:34:14 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (9:34:29 PM): once i get there we will still be able to chat with each other
Robert Bennett (9:34:35 PM): I am going to miss you

Of course he will, who else can he ignore for minutes at a time while in chat

victim (9:34:40 PM): ok when will that be?
victim (9:34:47 PM): i will miss you too
victim (9:34:53 PM): did you like my voice?

From here on, watch the time stamps and the obvious lack of interest he has in his victim, he is merely trying to keep her on the hook while he is chatting with somebody else who may be at a more vulnerable stage

Robert Bennett (9:35:04 PM): Yes
Robert Bennett (9:35:15 PM): Charmig and cute
Robert Bennett (9:35:33 PM): Can make some a baby fall qucik asleep

victim (9:36:07 PM): awwwww
victim (9:36:15 PM): thank you you have a nice voice too

Robert Bennett (9:36:31 PM): Thank you my love

victim (9:37:00 PM): you are so welcome sweet robert

Robert Bennett (9:38:52 PM): You too honey

victim (9:39:09 PM): i hope you have a safe trip and we can talk soon

Robert Bennett (9:40:06 PM): Thank you my love

victim (9:41:16 PM): i hope you will take a picture for me there so i can see something
victim (9:41:22 PM): you know i want to go there

Robert Bennett (9:41:44 PM): sure i will
Robert Bennett (9:41:49 PM): for your eyes only
Robert Bennett (9:41:50 PM): lol

victim (9:42:43 PM): ohhhhh are you going to do a sexy pic,lol
victim (9:42:50 PM): dont tease robert,lol

Robert Bennett (9:43:25 PM): lol
Robert Bennett (9:43:30 PM): Just wait and see

victim (9:44:18 PM): lol
victim (9:44:20 PM): ok

Robert Bennett (9:44:26 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (9:44:36 PM): I think you need get some rest now
Robert Bennett (9:44:43 PM): Okay
Robert Bennett (9:44:48 PM): I will send you an email
Robert Bennett (9:44:49 PM): Okay

victim (9:45:05 PM): ok sweetheart
victim (9:45:13 PM): i will be waiting for your mail

Robert Bennett (9:45:55 PM): Okay my love
Robert Bennett (9:46:19 PM): Do have a good night rest and sleep tight

victim (9:46:27 PM): ok and you too
victim (9:46:38 PM): bye sweet robert