Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#127094 by vvswgirl Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:01 pm
I just had a conversation with a John Adams on yahoo - I originally met him on Date Hookup under the name JW4554 - I got the same message that someone got previously about being a Queen. I spoke with him tonight, and gave him my yahoo, and he stated that his yahoo was adamsjohn248@yahoo - but before he sent me an ad for that address, I got an add for Alex James. I had no idea who that person was. I googled and found this thread. So I didn't see where anyone had posted they encountered him on Date Hookup, so I wanted to post. He said that his wife was dead, and he found out she was sleeping with his best friend. His profile is now set to invisible....

V
#127138 by ratt84 Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 am
HI Victoria. --- who the heck is Victoria :lol: ???
how are you doing today?i am happy to hear from you and i will like to use this opportunity to tell you more about myself ......
my name is John Yates Adams, I'm originally from Oslo Norway and i just moved to the states 8 years ago. i lost my wife 2 years.ago,she died of cancer.this almost devastated me and i didn't see a reason to live again, but i looked back at my son and realized that i had to take care of him,I'm happy today, he's well groomed and my greatest achievement is that he doesn't do drugs.i live in Saint Peterborough Florida, my mom is from the state.
i am an engineer by profession (petroleum engineer ) i work with EXXONMOBIL as a contract staff.
I am just new on all this online dating , a colleague at work introduced me and i'll like to meet a caring, loving and romantic woman with a good sense of humor and who likes to keep a peaceful family.
Lets give this a try ,I would like to share pics with you and also we can chat on yahoo..
when you come online i will tell you more about myself ok.
looking forward to hear from you soon.
take care and be sweet ok.
John.

Received: from [74.115.1.90]
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012

IP: 74.115.1.90
Organization: AnchorFree
Services: Confirmed proxy server

yahoo avatar
#127240 by crane0456 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 am
For those of you playing along at home; my wife's scammer is/was using the name Alex James. He claimed to be from Oslo, Norway, had a wife who died of cancer, a son and also worked as a contract employee for Exxon Mobil. This is apparently a template that the scammers have decided works. He used different pictures. For the record I spoke with a company official of the Apache Corporation, which bought the North Sea drilling assets of Exxon Mobil in January 2012. He told me that neither Exxon nor Apache had employed an Alex James either as an employee or as a contractor.
#196064 by AshleyAnne Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 pm
Tracyengelb wrote:Hi waryone, what was his name on fb?

Yes, Tracey he was on FB, however once I made contact with him, his profile was gone and he would only chat with me via Yahoo email and/or Yahoo Messenger. The picture he is using is that of an Australian Actor.

Hope that helps!