Information on romance scams and scammers.
#17956 by Breakwind Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 am
From Mercy Kassala Mon Nov 30 22:29:24 2009
X-Apparently-To: <snip> via 76.13.12.154; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:29:26 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YMailISG: <snip>
X-Originating-IP: [76.13.12.136]
Authentication-Results: mta1022.mail.sp2.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO web59601.mail.ac4.yahoo.com) (76.13.12.136) by mta1022.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:29:26 -0800
Received: (qmail 69908 invoked by uid 60001); 30 Nov 2009 22:29:25 -0000
DKIM-Signature: <snip>
DomainKey-Signature: <snip>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: <snip>
Received: from [41.214.33.250] by web59601.mail.ac4.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:29:24 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/8.1.6 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:29:24 -0800 (PST)
Mercy Kassala <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
Subject: Hello dear,
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-442632694-1259620164=:68459"
Content-Length: 1067

Hello dear,
my name is miss mercy i am happy to contact you and have serious
relationship with you
and it interests me, so i will like us to become
friends and know each other the more.
Here is my address.. ([email protected]) reply
with it plz. I am waiting for your reply now!
Yours forever,
Mercy
Advertisement

#18000 by The Enchantress Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:43 pm
IP = 41.214.33.250 = Senegal

Definite refugee/romance scammer.

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THIS TYPE OF SCAM

This scam has a romance element - whereby a scammer is "pretending" to be a young girl - and will send stolen photographs in an attempt to appear legimate. The scammer will most likely "pretend" to be all alone, parentless (they died recently and tragically) and is in now in a refugee camp, where a "pastor figure" allows "her" to use a PC to mail the victim.

The scammer will mention a fortune (cocao/cash/diamonds) ect - and request you to mail "another person" - same scammer or scam partner - lawyer/banker/barrister - who will need some fee paid before the "imaginary" riches are transfered to the victim.

The scammer "pretend" girl - will fall in love with you and plan to travel to you - and live happily ever after with "her" knight in shining armour.

It is all lies - scammers always lie - all they care for is the money they hope you will wire to them.

Delete and do not reply to this and other scammers peddling the same/similar lies

Mails from this scammer will continue;

I am more than happy in your reply to my mail, how is your day today i hope all is well and fine with you including your health and job. My name is Miss mercy kassala Height---5.9ft Weight--58kg, single i am from Sudan in Africa but presently residing in the missionary church here in Senegal where i ran as a refuge due to the political civil war that took place in my country. I am in sufferings and pains here in this camp and i really need help from a man by encouraging me and good advice in life and to help me to come out from this situation.

My late father Dr. Ellison Kassala, who was CEO of (ELLISON TECHNICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPANY PLC), in Port Sudan. During the war, the rebel loyal to one of the greedy business associate of my late father attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and father in a cold blood. It is only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to this country Senegal by the help of UN army where i am living now in the missionary, headed by a Reverend Father, i used his office computer to send you this email and i only enter his office when he is less busy in his office.

I would like to know more about you, your likes, dislikes and your hobbies and what you are doing presently, i like to meet understanding, loyal, sincere, truthfully, kindly and friendly and more to that, a man of vision and truth. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture, i will be hoping to hear from you again.

I remain yours ,

mercy

Dear,

Thank you very much for your reply and I hope all is well and fine including your health and work, also I believe that the atmosphere over there in your country is very nice today. Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal.

My name is Miss Kassala i am (23yrs) but age doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am comfortable with your age,also am single never been married I am from Sudan in East Africa,5ft.4ins. tall, fair in complexion,but i am residing here in Dakar as am granted asylum because of political civil war that took place in my country.I am suffering a lot of pains here in the camp and i really need assistance.

My late father Dr. Ellison Kassala was the Chief Executive Officer(ELLISON INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY PLC),in Khartoum (the capital city of Sudan,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.

It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL,through the UN (UNITED NATIONS)army where I am leaving now in missionary as a refugee under a Reverend father's care and i am using the computer in his office to send these message to you.

I would like to know more about you Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.Hoping to hear from you soonest
Yours ever,

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.