Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#116119 by Grunt Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:45 pm
zorpia
Username: CharlesBouchard
Name: Charles
Location: Lagos, Nigeria :mrgreen: --- peace keeping mission???

#116121 by Grunt Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 pm
QP
charles bouchard
52 / Male
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined 06/18/12

About me
Am just me . A separated simple father of two grown ups and grandkid. Am cool, jovial,versatile and with good sense of humor . Anything else , you are free to ask.
Favorite Music:
soul music
I'd like to meet:
person of high integrity and a good sense of humor
#116547 by Spook Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 am
Received: from [93.186.31.85] Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:11:04 -0700 (PDT)

Scammer* on a blackberry!
IP: 93.186.31.85
Hostname: 93-186-31-85.rdns.blackberry.net
ISP: Research In Motion UK Limited
Organization: Research In Motion UK Limited
Services: Suspected network sharing device
Geolocation Information

* Removed slang name for scammer. ~Bubbles
#128333 by Nono Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:50 am
Spook wrote:
[email protected]

http://en.netlog.com/bouchardc27
bouchardc27
male - 57 years

Lieutenant General Joseph Jacques Charles "Charlie" Bouchard is a Royal Canadian Air Force general

He contacted me on the same email address as here & on the same Netlog link as here, this is his message to Me:

Nice pic. I will like to know you more than this
lol. Am charles a canadian and am a soldier with two grownups and two grandkids . Ask me anything and I will answer . Hope to hear from you
#132889 by ratt84 Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm
Charles Bouchard, [email protected]

tagged.com/uid=5977764307
Charles Bouchard
Last Active: a day ago
Tagline: honesty reward pays forever
Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English, Português, Deutsch
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Catholic
Orientation: Straight

About Me:
I am a honest and open person. I would like to meet the right lady and build up a future.

I am glad to have your responds, I have being away on duty I will also love to talk to you further on yahoo messenger. Add me now here is my yahoo ID: [email protected] I look on to talk to you soon. Charles
PS. Skpye Name: charles.bouchard91
#135883 by ratt84 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am
resurfacing :mrgreen:
scammer likes tagged

[email protected]

tagged.com/uid=5979099792
Charles Bouchards
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Tagline: I am Charles, searching for a right full woman who is God fearing and down to earth, that can help me build my home and happy together as soul mate.
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Orientation: Straight

I am Gen. Charles Bouchard, I read your profile here and it sound interesting, I will love to know you better,Join me via yahoo Instant messenger ID: [email protected] or via my Skype name: gen.cbouchard to enable us have a good conversation and get close
#138491 by Cecile Nord Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:02 pm
Hello,
This person contacted me 24 hrs ago on Skype. He's using this adress now : [email protected]
I stupidly wrote him back to ask how he (as many other fake military personnel) got through my contact filters. I am constantly getting messages from "lonely military personnel overseas" and I'm fed up of it.
He quickly replied (in very poor English) and I have since blocked him (contact=spam and remove/block contact).
Is that as far as it can go ? What I mean is, can this guy do do any other harm aside from request money or propose marriage ?
Thanks for any advice anyone can give,
Cecile
#138591 by Bubbles Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 am
Welcome to ScamWarners. Scammers have ways of harvesting email addresses or generating email addresses. They do not know who they are contacting until the intended victim responds to the message. Because of this, scammers do not have anything they can go on to cause harm.

If the email address has been phished, or the victim has given the scammers information, a scammer may be able to act on that information.

Typically, scammers want to get money through a money transfer service. They want a relatively quick "score" and they move on to the next victim. I hope this helps.

You have a PM regarding your user name.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#138606 by Cecile Nord Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 am
Thanks,

This person apparently tried to access one of the 3 email accounts that I have.
Google sent a warning message with the following information regarding the blocked tentative to access :

Sunday 9 décembre 2012 10 h 29 UTC
Adresse IP : 41.83.52.92
Place : Dakar, Senegal

I am worried that my other accounts had enough security measures, as I didn't receive a google warning for them .... I am very worried, actually.

Once again, thank you. Any more advice would calm my nerves !

Cecile
#138714 by Bubbles Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 am
I recommend you change the passwords on all of your accounts. Especially if you have used the same password on those accounts. We and computer safety experts recommend not using the same password on your accounts, and to change passwords weekly.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#142500 by scamhater100 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm
I have been contacted by this one with skype chat. He goes by the skype name joseph.charles72. He has come on very strong very fast. I too am sick of these generals contacting me. Sick of these scammers. This guy gave mne a sob story about his wife dying of brain cancer and that he has two biological children and a adopted one. Such drama.... They should write soap operas.
#157403 by mariescubachic Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:05 am
The person impersonating General Charlie Bouchard is now using the dating site Tagged or Hi5 he is using this email address [email protected] and the following Skype ID charlie.bouch772 he supposed has one biological son in Canada and an adopted son in Ghana. Hew will ask you to send a birthday gift to his son because he is in Libya in a war zone and can't send what he promised. Does this person really think I'm that dumb. I do my research on people trying to talk to me especially military personel.
Just beware ladies don't fall into this trap. As soon as someone asks for money or for you to send a gift to a supposed child then it's a scam.
Mariescubachic
#181398 by mariko Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:53 am
These emails still active.

Email [email protected]
[email protected] --> lad changed to this email, saying this is security reason.
Skype josephcharlesbouchard779

IP 41.190.89.82
Internet Provider Zain-as
Country Ghana
City Accra

First, came to skype contact request, then switched to email contacting.

I saw your profile here. I will love to be your friend. I am Charles from Canada. I hope we can be good friends. I was born in Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada, April 8. 1954, I am 59 years old. My wife Died of Cancer of the Brain years back now.
I am seeking for a woman that have the fear of God to help build my home
NICE TO MEET YOU
I have two Biological kids who are schooling in Canada
are you married?
do you have kids?
my son Stephen 24 is in the Military Academy in Canada while my daughter Anna 18 is in College in Canada I have already placed insurance for their education and welfare. I hope I can trust you
This is my private e-mail: [email protected]
add me on yahoo messenger so we can see each other on video cam.
#181732 by Smith Jones Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:45 pm
This is really classic. And you would be surprised- it must work with some people or they wouldn't keep trying. I have seen pictures of Tom Cruise and George Clooney used on dating sites. Darn, they aren't interested in me at all.
This is the scammers world. Just watch out because if they know you respond, they may find another way to get your attention, one you're not suspecting.