Information on romance scams and scammers.
#129908 by cemacrob Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm
Thanks to this site I was able to prevent my grandmother from being scammed out of money (if not from heartbreak) by the above identity. I copied and pasted some phrases from his emails into google and scamwarners was the first hit. Details of his 8 emails below in the hope that I can help someone else in the same way

Many thanks scamwarners from a grateful grand-daughter!

1)Subject: ROB FROM MATCH

Hello and Good morning,
This is Rob from the match site.. I am happy i finally had to talk to you.. send me an email and tell me more about yourself... You seem a very wonderful woman whom i would want to know more about
Rob xxx

2) Subject: WHY I AM ON MATCH

Hello Wonderful,
Where do i start from as i am new on here? Really it is disturbing to come on this dating site to see how much people appreciate love, but yet we have to go the extra mile to get this great status. Forgive my manners, I am Rob Mahar, A contractor. and really i am hanging the hat this year end and i want to spend my time with that one special woman, I think after getting all the wealth in pursuit and archive what i want to archive, I have come to realize that we are nothing without a partner, So i am looking for someone who would stand by me no matter the situation. A woman who i can say, she alone has the right to be womanly irritating to me. A woman who would protect me like a lioness would protect her cub. And i can promise to protect her beyond all vices. A woman who tells me, honey you can do it. no matter what i want to do. I really worked hard the past years to attain this height.

I have seen faces of women on this site for the past few days i have been on it, many of whom have been taken for granted, many of whom are not being reciprocated, but i have come with a good news and a bad news. The good news is i came here to pick my one woman to make her happy, my best friend, my copilot, but the bad news is that i have only one woman to do this for. I saw something in your profile, something that made my heart paused for a minute to read you, something that tickles in the heart, could it be love at first sight? Maybe we could find that out. I'm talking about faith here when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams. I have now taking my profile off the site this morning immediately i woke up because i do not want to be distracted by any other woman. Is it possible we talk on phone just to keep a voice conversation going too.. What is your cell number? Mine is 03708001366

Have a nice week ahead Wonderful woman

Rob Mahar xx

3) Subject: Hello To My Wonderful Woman

Hello Wonderful,
I am really sorry for getting back at you this late, I have been so busy with work. Well i guess you should truly know who i am. I don't really know how this would work, but hey here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what to do and what to say or how to handle situation of things, then what would i be? When a wise man sees that he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness added with a woman who is caring, loving, understanding and honest. No matter what his achievements are, he is reduced to nothing on this earth if he has no crown to complete him and a woman to call his own wife and best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime, A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me. I will give you some lovely introduction about me, my family and how i came into this world. Am very sure you will love to read about me...It would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND

I am Rob Mahar as i told you, most people call me Goodman because i am a good man. I was born to a loving couple. A Lebanese man (My Father) from Port Washingto NY but we moved when i was born to Soquel CA and a British woman (My Mother) from London. The Lebanese man (My Father) was an international business man who met this British orphan whose only family were close friends. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist. Sometimes she says she sees same in me.. I don't know how but when i heard that from her, i felt surprised. During my father's Global movement, while i was only twelve years i would spend so much time with my mom with her telling me how to handle different life issues as well as treating a woman right. I've been through very tough and trying times in my life, I lost my parents when they were on a trip to Paris, so my mom's sister who stays in Sweden offered to support me by taking me in with her and sponsoring me through the rest of my college education where i got my first degree in Engineering Management as i had no other person to run to. I've been through very tough and trying times in my life which includes me losing my wife 9 years back when she was trying to give birth to our only child, I lost both my wife and the child, I'm willing to get all this behind me and move forward to enjoying the good things of life with my new found Love (which could be someone special like you) Hoping so.

MY JOB
I am in the Construction field. I have worked at so many countries across the Globe. The present project's is my last on the field and i shall quit and continue my works from my home office while i would employ some people to do the rest of the traveling job. I think i really have gotten to this height because i embraced work for so long time trying to get over my wife, that i worked this hard but i think i now realize i can move on. I am also a business man of repute who deals in the shipment of hospital equipments and computers and accessories

MY DREAM

I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love eachother more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL. I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile and you look like her.

I cant wait to hear back from you. pls write me soon my dear.

Rob

4) Subject: How Are You Doing Today Wonder?

Hello Beautiful,
I am so sorry i have not been in touch with you for a while.. I have been busy with work and i am thinking and hoping this has not put a distraction in our friendship, I am using this medium to thank you for given me the chance and opportunity to know you. I never expected all the attention you have given to me since i have been unable to email you but you are such a beautiful and lovely woman with good heart. I'l really appreciate the consistent communication and i will say it is a sign of will, and i tell you where there is a will there is success ahead. I believe we both know that Love is not a destination but a journey and this is a journey that takes two to walk. I mean two souls who understand ahead that they aren't in for a kid walk, and what they have ahead is the most important mission in life. A place meant for true people,. it is a place called joy and happiness.. Really i just see in your face that i can live with this woman, not the beauty part alone, but the depth of your soul.

As i could remember, as a kid i was a very cute one,lol. One whom many bullies would target, but only to realise there is a tough side to me. I could make a sober person dance. I could affect one with my smile. I grew up having more older friends. Many would confide in me. To tell you, i am a type that doesn't judge no matter how dirty you may be, just come clean to me, and i will give your support. There is no Mr right until we make him right. A relationship is never about how much at the beginning but how much we could make it grow into. My old friend and pastor would tell me, if you aren't ready to feel or look stupid, then don't fall in love ,lol But sincerely that is the bitter truth. When i lost my wife, he told me that the fact that something good ends doesn't mean something better can't start. Can you prove that right? I have come to realise that , let a man write a better book, let him preach a better sermon, let him sing the best of songs, let him gain wealth beyond dreams, he is reduced to nothing except he has a woman to call, my wife, my best friend and co pilot.

My usual saying, and i am known for it, is that, Life is simple, for those who take it simple. I don't like to complicate things.... There is joy in every situation if you know the right angle to look it from. After my last project here, i am quitting field works. Any other job would only require my attention from my home office wherever i go. I want to spend the rest of my life having fun. I have a house in Paris where i found my late wife and got married to her for years until after GOD decided to take her away from me, i have one in London. Would you stand by me to build a home? Would you smile at me when i look tense? I don't need a super model, i rather need a very good friend who knows when i am tensed just by looking into my eyes and a super woman. The whole world may be mad at me, but if you are smiling at me, i would care less. I say, who says we cant pick rags and turn to riches? Who says we can't design our own paradise together.It is workable... just walk by my side

Rob

5) Subject: Can't Wait To Read From You Wonder

Hello my wonderful one.
How are you today? Why am i getting addicted to my email right now? Wonderful how was your night?. I knew something was missing since i haven't smiled all day till now. I was almost late for my work in the morning, i woke up late, i think i am becoming restful again, Maybe i could sense something good ahead of us.
What wouldn't i do to make my dreams come true. It is like a rigger waiting for a trigger. Would you be my trigger? lol. I just need a woman to hold me before i am old. Absolutely i have come to know that we spend the most of our life seeking for the secondary needs, while our primary needs are left unseen. We have worked so hard and attained some wealth right? but for what purpose? To be realistic, except if you just want to be known as a rich person, wealth means nothing if you have no best friend to share it with. All the millions are useless indeed. how much do we need to eat? How much do we need for shelter? how much do we need for daily fun. excess and excess leads us to vanity. But for few of us who value the simplicity, we sure would do well in finding happiness. As i always say, money can buy a good bed, but never will money buy sleep. it can buy the best diamond watch, but can never buy time, It can buy piles of books , but can't buy knowledge. It can buy food, but not satisfaction, Money can buy sex, but can NEVER buy love. That is why , i refuse to follow the crowd, so as my own man, i would give up all that can be bought for that which can't be bought. I want true joy and happiness. I want my woman to have power over my moods,. she can make me smile in all weather.I am glad that i could get your attention my dear. You have a special thing in your heart, and i intend to find out what it is. It could take a lifetime to figure, but i don't mind. Please tell me about your ideology of life my dear. I will be waiting impatiently to hear from you.

Much Love
Rob

6) Subject: How Are You Most Wonderful

Hello my wonder! How are you today? Who are you? A woman being a goddess? or a goddess pretending to be a woman? Whichever you are, you are doing something special to me. Even when you are feeling too sleepy, you still make out time to write. I mean after all these years, i would have thought i might not have the possibilities again of having my dream woman, my partner, my best friend and co pilot. I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams. I wouldn't be scared anyway because truely, Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end. The inevitable truth is, If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one.
I would be traveling to the Philippines to complete an installation of the Oil rig i was building. I would be leaving with my team.. we work together hand in hand... And i would let you know the date of departure which would be in about 2-3 days from now. I can't wait to be in your hands soon.. As soon as i leave Philippines, i would be taking a flight direct to you, i would book an hotel down for us ( Will you like that so we can have our first meet and date ).. I would be online soon as i get up from bed.. just been lazy here. Did i give you my number here in USA, Maybe you can give me a call.
Thanks for your care..God bless you for me

P:S Can you get a yahoo messenger IM so we can chat?

7) Subject: Hello My Angel x

Hello my goddess, how are you Doing? Can you imagine how yesterday went. I was with the nine rascals at the quarters. Oh! i need to tell you who the nine rascals are. They are my professional buddies. we work together, we have more of a friendship relationship than Employee employer relationship. When one of us has an occasion to grace, you would be thrilled. we could act much and make a crowd laugh out their stress. there is Nelson, Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, and mike. Nelson met Debby online while we were in Africa, then we moved out after our project. Then Chan was always getting on Nelson's nerves, but really, they have always been like that. Bishop would call them, cat and dog. They would make fun of each other and i tell you the whole party would laugh. But today, Even Debby is Chan's best friend. After their marriage, we went to Saudi Arabia to bid for a project on one of their oil platforms. I personally logged most of my funds in the bidding's and so did many of us. It got to a point that we were knocked out by their local politics. It left us almost stranded, please don't laugh at us, But somehow you wouldn't believe it, Debby did most of the work of getting our naughty asses out of there. We were disappointed that we lost big, but as humans, we don't know God has a bigger plan for us. Just the week we got back to Europe, we got this biggest project of our career in Abu Dhabi, Dubai. We were bidding for a £4 million gain project and we got a gift of over £10 million, Most of my colleagues still have this envy in them, but as it is, i did not make myself but God did. When we went back to the states to finalize nelson's wedding. we met her family.

My dear, they had us for days and the old man never wanted the rascals to go. They impacted so much into thier lives. Even the man calls on us like a father time to time till now. What i know is that, we were able to get people's love , not because of wealth but because of our simplicity. That is one thing that can never be compromised in life. So yesterday, i gave them an exclusive on how i met this woman who has become a screen saver on my mind, and they were thrilled, saying they can't wait to meet her. They promised they had a bet on who would be closer to her, can you believe that. They all said, Hey ROB please put up her pic in the main room. I can't wait to finish this project so i can come show you how much i can steal your heart, Let us see if you can resist this Happy man! LOL. The day was fun cos we left early. And i start visualising how soon i can see my woman. I wish i could buy a house ahead of time so that on arrival i wouldn't need a hotel. How did your day go? do you think you have listened to your heart? listen to it and you will find out how much you can gain! I am just a man who wants my best friend with me. Someone i can look at and smile for no reason. Someone i can't wait to get home to be with. Someone to hold in my arms and whisper to her ears. someone to run my fingers through her ears. Someone who is never afraid of telling her deepest thoughts to me. Someone who sees me more as her twin.
What do you think? I would like you to send me some pictures so i can share with my rascals here as they cannot wait for some more pictures.

Much Love
Rob x

8) Subject: How Are You My Sunshine x

Hello my sunshine! You must wonder why i call you sunshine. Can't get the picture of you off my mind. i felt like giving you a hug. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personality. The only reason this was possible is because you must have potrayed yourself well and you have been yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldn't walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldn't walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in tv, But the only thing i can fall in love with you that can't be gotten by anyone else is being "YOU"! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there,trust me, the day relationships starts falling apart is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved eachother. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.

The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed. The medical practisioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practisioners would die of boredom if there aren't offenders. If everyone is vegetarian, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, Blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? Does this sound funny lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that. We were all created for each other. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we can't live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we can't change. Because, the only constant thing in life is "CHANGE"! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything.
I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because i know you atleast care about me, after all you wake up to check on my emails to you and know if i am still alive or not. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention so soon, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fear. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must atleast learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, . tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are many sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her that her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. tell her, that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control. You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you. Please look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.

May God Bless You

Rob xx
Advertisement

#133173 by cemacrob Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:22 am
Dear Scamwarners,

Having seen my warning on this site, this 'person' is now sending threatening emails to my grandmother about losing 'contracts' (ha ha). We will block him, but do you have any other advice?

Thanks