Information on romance scams and scammers.
#137820 by blondemoment68 Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 pm
Hi there...I just wanted to let you all know that Emery is now using the name Shawn Moten. Unfortunately, I did not find this website until it was too late and was scammed by him. I found him on Zoosk.com and he has been reported and removed from their site. He is also on Match.com under the screen name of "heartcaretaker10". I only found this out because he had given my cell number to 4 other women claiming that I was his girlfriend and the told me he did it so that they would stop emailing him.

His email address is [email protected]

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report<br>Originating IP: 98.138.226.178<br>Originating ISP: Yahoo!<br> City: Sunnyvale<br>Country of Origin: United States<br>* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

The phone number he is currently using is 209-965-7645. He is still using the same pictures as Emery and is still claiming to be an architect and antiquities dealer. His daughter is now 20 and a student at the University of London. I have been in contract with IC3.
Advertisement

#138631 by Candiegirl Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 pm
This guy has been messaging me first trying to get money to fly from london to US when i wouldnt he wanted me to cash a stock check and wire it and when i questioned him about scammers he got angry and we stop messaging for a week that must be when he scammed blondemoment68...now yesterday he messaged me and said woman ran away with his money and need me to to get his check and wire the funds to him monday...so i looked him up and found him here...thank you
#138634 by Dotti Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:52 pm
Welcome candiegirl,

Romance scammers are usually carrying on several "relationships" at the same time. While he was trying to scam you, he would also have been trying to scam other women using the same lies and stories.

If you have not done so, it is best to cut off all contact with this person. It is also best not to tell him he is posted here, as he will just change his fake name and keep scamming, and the next woman who googles his new fake identity won't find the warning here. He is not going to feel guilty and stop scamming--he is a criminal and a professional liar, and this is how me makes his living. In spite of his romantic words, he sees the women he scams as nothing more than a way for him to get money, and does not in the least care what happens to them or how badly he hurts them.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#138649 by blondemoment68 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:31 pm
Hi Candiegirl...I had been talking with him since October. About a week ago, he told me he had a stock check that he was going to send to me. When it arrived, it was an actual check, drawn on Citibank and on a ligitimate bank account; however, when we called the Escrow company, the check number had already been issued and for a much smaller amount. I am sure that I am the woman that took his money...however, I can assure you, it was definitely the other way around. At least I was able to help at least one person to avoid this person...I just wish I had known about this site before hand.
#153884 by justgetout Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:31 pm
blondemoment68 wrote:Hi Candiegirl...I had been talking with him since October. About a week ago, he told me he had a stock check that he was going to send to me. When it arrived, it was an actual check, drawn on Citibank and on a ligitimate bank account; however, when we called the Escrow company, the check number had already been issued and for a much smaller amount. I am sure that I am the woman that took his money...however, I can assure you, it was definitely the other way around. At least I was able to help at least one person to avoid this person...I just wish I had known about this site before hand.

I was also sent a LSI check issued off of Citibank..ligitmately looked real bank said it was real but company said their checks are pink and green not blue. Sorry Emery, no money from me. Thanks for posting