Information on romance scams and scammers.
#140889 by mp90mng Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 am
Recently a woman met a guy on a dating site. Then she gave him her email address. Then he started writing her, he claimed that he loved her and that he wanted to marry her. He send her pictures. She gave him her phone number and when she tried to call him there was no answer , then in the mail he claimed that there was no reception .They kept writing and writing and then he asked her to give him her address, to send some kind of package . She gave him the address. After that the delivery company send her a message claiming to pay 2.000 dollars to release the tax from Thailand (something like that). Then she paid via western union and send copy of her ID card. Please HELP!!!

p.s here is his email address [email protected]
Last edited by mp90mng on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#140916 by Inspector Gadget Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:07 pm
Please try to convince her to stop any communication with the scammers, for that is what they are.
Do you have any names or email address we can look up for you?
You can put them into Google yourself, see if there are any hits on them. Likewise the Delivery Company's name. If they have a web site we can take a look at that as well.

Note also, once the scammers get to understand that there is no more money to come out of their original format your mother will most likely receive emails from people posing as someone who can get the money she has lost back for her. It's just the same people trying for that last buck.

Any information you can give us will help track down the proof you can use to show that your mother is being conned.
#141042 by mp90mng Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 am
Here is what he wrote:

Hello!
My name is Campbell Jones, 48 years old. I am from Dublin Ireland. I am an Engineer by profession. I had my degree at Harvard University. I work with Mediterranean Shipping Company Ltd (U.K.). I have been with the company for several years as the director of operations

He uses World Courier Express.
The mail they are using is [email protected]
#141051 by Inspector Gadget Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 am
Nothing comes back from searches on the email address for the lad (Campbell Jones) or the company.

Only thing found so far is the list of Company Directors, Campbell Jones is not on the list of present or past Directors.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/direc ... y-%28uk%29

There are a couple of web sites for 'World Courier Express' do they mention one in their messages at all?