Information on romance scams and scammers.
#153872 by ladyebeth68 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:08 pm
I have been chatting with an individual that claims he is a trainer for the Army in Kabul, Afghanistan. He has told me he is not in the Army, but that he has been in the paramilitary for 25 years and been in the DAC for nine years and in Kabul for three years now. He has been telling me he loves me, wants to be with me and he wants to come home to start a life with me. I was given an email address where I had to request the leave, once I did that, I received another email directing me to Western Union $210 to a Janet Whaley in National City, California. Is it possible that because he is not in the Army and works for a contractor that this legitimate? I am desperate to know if this is for real. Can you please help me?
Advertisement

#153873 by Dotti Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 pm
Welcome ladybeth,

I wish I could tell you what you want to hear, but I can't.

It is not possible it is real.
There is absolutely NO scenario in which you would EVER even apply for leave for anyone in the US military OR any contractor. And under NO circumstances will you ever be required money for any soldier or contractor to get leave. In addition, the US military and contractors do not use Western Union, ever.

Email addresses at usa.com are free email addresses that can be opened by anyone. They are not connected to the US military or any contractor.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#153880 by ladyebeth68 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm
If anyone gets a FaceBook friend request from a Mark Watson Eliiot, do not accept. The photo he created the page with is of a true Army soldier that was injuried in the line of duty. I did an image search and found it to be someone else.
#153888 by Grunt Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 pm
FB
Mark Watson Eliiot
Went to Brookville High School, Ohio
Lives in Kabul, Afghanistan
Widowed
From Brookville, Ohio

Favorite Quotations
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

pic shows Army Sgt. Michael Krapels
http://pubmemo.com/i/federal-government ... 72150.html