Information on romance scams and scammers.
#154614 by Sadbamafan13 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 pm
Hello,
This guy is at it again. He is not posing as the real military Tim Nein though. He popped up on Match.com and says he's in Missouri and his construction company built a building in UK that he has to do roof repair before he can get paid in full for the job. I have believed him to be a scammer so I've been waiting on him to ask for money. Yesterday he asked for $5000 to get the instruments he needs to finish the job. I called him out and told him that I knew he was a scammer and he will not stop. I cannot get on messenger to talk to real guys because he won't leave me alone. He even went so far this morning to give me his username and password to a bank account in his name.

Please be aware of this guy, he is very persistent.
Advertisement

#154654 by Bubbles Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 pm
You should be able to block him. Delete him from your contacts.

Some times it is prudent to set up a new or different email address. You are best to ignore him, he will go away.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#154655 by Grunt Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 pm
email address leads to a profile on tagged
Timothy N
Orientation: Straight

pic shows Sgt. 1st Class Timothy Nein
with the Kentucky National Guard's 223rd Military Police Company, at Camp Taji, Iraq on Oct. 18, 2008.
http://www.ng.mil/news/archives/2008/12 ... ished.aspx

also here
viewtopic.php?p=20055#p20055

yahoo avatar
#154661 by Dotti Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm
A scammer is not going to give you access to a real bank account with his money in it, which means either
a) The "bank" you would log in to is fake
b) the account belongs to an innocent, and he bought the details.

a is much more likely than b, because if the scammer had access to the bank account, he would be more concerned about stealing all the money than sharing it with you.

Can you please post the bank details he gave you (website and username fine, password not necessary at this point) so we can see if we have a website that needs to die?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.