Information on romance scams and scammers.
#159408 by liveandlearn2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 pm
James Aadan Benson: Says he's from Chicago and got a job in Benin. Will be there until the end of April. Subcontractor in tile and granite flooring. He asked me after almost a month of talking for $5200. I told him I didn't have money like that and that I didn't know him...He continues to contact me asking for money while swearing his undying love. Met him on Christian Mingles. Knows all about God and the Bible, too. Lucky Me. :bowdown:

I do not know how to express the conflicting emotions that have surged like a storm through my heart all night long. You have the greatest soul, the noblest nature, the sweetest, most loving heart I have ever known, and my love and admiration for you have increased so much since we’ve known each other that it still amazes me.You are more wonderful and lovely in my eyes than you ever were before; and my pride and joy and gratitude that you should love me with such a perfect love are beyond all expression.
Advertisement

#159429 by Bubbles Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners liveandlearn2, I am sorry you got tangled up with a scammer. Many scammers know the bible and religiously attend church. They even pray that god will give them victims they can get money from.

Please give us the email address this scammer is using. It is hard to track scammers using only the name they choose. They change those all of the time.

If you could include headers that is often helpful too. Instructions for finding headers are in my signature line.

I deleted the duplicate post for you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#159434 by jolly_roger Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 pm
Yes it is a typical scam approach I'm sad to say. A subcontractor needing money, indeed is just a fanciful scam story. You would be doing yourself a huge favour by dis-associating oneself from the lying scoundrel.
The scammer is not out of the US and is not into flooring.