Information on romance scams and scammers.
#159766 by Bonita2335 Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:22 pm
My scammer is named Martin Reeves or Reeves Martin. He uses both. Claims he is a rig supervisor for Exxon Mobil. Working on a rig in West Africa. Claims he is from the UK and now resides in Dalla TX. Sent me photographs and even had someone send me emails claiming to be his mother. He has tried to get me to send money to him on four ocassions totalling two thousand dollars. Never sent him a dime. I guess I am one of the fortunate ones. He tries to get in touch with me. I just delete.
Advertisement

#159842 by Bubbles Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners Bonita2335, please post the email address this scammer is using. Often people search to see if they are dealing with a scammer using the email address.

It is great that you realized this is a scammer and you do not engage them. How did you get in contact with him or the other way around?

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#159905 by Dotti Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:24 am
Welcome Bonita,

I'm glad you recognized that he is a scammer and have taken the right approach of deleting his emails.

I have removed the post you made this morning, as it is a duplicate of your post yesterday. We like to keep one scammer's discussion in a single thread, or future victims may miss part of the information.

As Bubbles said, please post the email address this scammer is using. There are many real people with the name "Martin Reeves" and victims are much less likely to find the scam information by simply searching for the name, or they may find the information but believe that it applies to another Martin Reeves, not the person they are corresponding with.

Victims are more likely to search for or confirm the scam using email addresses and phone numbers, or sometimes part of the script.

The best way to help other victims to avoid being scammed (and keep more money out of the scammer's pocket" is to also post the email address he used, and the first couple of emails or messages he sent you. Those messages are almost always scripts that are sent to dozens of women, and he may reuse them when he changes his fake name. If he had a detailed story when he asked for money, the emails around it are likely to be scripts as well, and posting them may help. Also, knowing where he is active (facebook, a specific dating site, etc.) will help others too

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#160041 by drmsl Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:05 pm
Here is something I received from [email protected]:

"let me apologize for taking a minute delay to get back to you not to talk of all this long. Nice email like yours should be answered immediately it was received but unfortunately i was so occupied to attend to my email but that will not happen again. I want to thank you for your short and expressive email which I am very happy to read. I know you will find me interesting to be with when this relationship develops.

I am a Fun loving, humble man with the believe that a woman should be treated like a lady and that it is always ladies first. I am a Fund Manager that loves my work the way I love to enjoy life. I am fun to be with and can be very romantic.I've traveled extensively in the course of doing my work. I am financially very okay. I consider myself to be a gentleman with good values. I am equally comfortable in a suit and tie as well as a pair of jeans. I enjoy nice things

I am so happy to have come across you and i know that that you would want us to take this relationship slowly but I will try to be positive and consistent. I know you will not see me as moving fast as have come to understand that I will need a serious relationship in my life.

Am currently attached to WiMax investment international as a Senior Consultant Fund Manager, but would want to be self employed in near future. I am a trained educationist and learnt the Fund Management trade under Robert Kiyosaki. I worked with him for seven years speaking on investing, fund management and teaching on how to benefit from the content of his three major books, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant, and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. It was while on a tour with him to Aberdeen Scotland that I was made on offer by WiMax investment International. I worked with them for 6 years before I return to United States and now work as a Consultant Fund Manager.

I really can’t wait to be happy again forever. It has been a very long while since I tasted relationship and love. I pray that this comes out well as I am ready to give my all for this relationship. I can create all the time in the world to make it work as my job is not too demanding. .You will never regret meeting me, my late wife never did, so you will not. I promise!!!

Lets keep the faith"

Can't something be done to shut this stuff down? It's quite toxic and disturbing.

Edwin