Information on romance scams and scammers.
#25216 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:32 pm
:oops: I feel like crap, i fell for it. hook line and sinker. He was supposed to be stationed in Malaysia and needed 1500$ to get home, so i sent that. then next day i was told he needed 700$ more dollars to have extra to buy my daughter and I gifts on the way home. My daughter and i went to airport to pick him up and he was no where to be find. he emailed me later that morning and told me he had made it to london and got jumped and lost everything and needed 500$ to get home. i told him i had a brother in the army and i was going to call him to get him home and he told me no it was top secret. called aunt and she has son in marines and told me that i had been scammed. Man do I feel stupid. 2357$ approximately sent to him through western union. i did not get any information about these kind of scams until after the fact. now my daughter and i are living at my moms house again, cause i spent all the money i had to send to him. we had been communicating for 3 years. took me that long to gather that money when you are a single mom. now i have nothing and there is nothing anyone can do to help me out, im sure. here is his name in case someone else gets scammed by him....his name he went by with me is joseph david cox. i still have the western union receipts where i sent him the money. is there any help out there for people like me? not only am i broke but i am so heart broken, i cant believe people can do this to other people. what is this world coming to???? i hope he gets caught and gets in big trouble. God bless the ones that don't scam. scammedangel75
Advertisement

#25220 by Jillian Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 pm
Welcome here, ScammedAngel. I'm so very sorry to hear what happened to you. Don't feel stupid. You were trusting and weren't aware of these types of scams. Believe me, it can happen to anyone.

If you still have the early emails he sent you, please post those. Also, we would like his email address and any other information you can provide that will help us find more proof of his scamming to post here and alert others. You can post it here or send it to one of the members of the support team.

Do contact your local police and report this. If you're in the US, you can also report this to the FBI's internet crimes complaint center, here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Understand that the scammer has used all false information when writing to you so law enforcement may not be able to do much, but this crime should still be reported.

Please read the informational topics in this section (sticky topics) so that you will learn more to protect yourself. Also, the scammer is likely to try targeting you with other scams. Be on the alert for Recovery scams, this is when the scammer pretends to be from an agency that can help you catch the scammer or get your money back. Ask someone on the support team here for advice regarding any suspicious emails you receive.

Ask all of the questions you want, we're here to help.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#25221 by Robert Anderson Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm
Hi SCAMMEDANGEL75

I am sorry to hear you were scammed. I can assure you that you are not alone. Love scams are very hurtful as I know the scammer has stolen more than just money from you.

You will be given expert advice by some members who know more about love scams then me.

Edit: You see, I was beaten by Jillian.
#25286 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 pm
I don't have all the emails. but i will send all the ones i have....thanks guys/girls. yes this hurts very much very deeply in love with this scammer..

here is the info honey.
To: Removed
Honey here is my information you will make the payment through western union as soon as you send it just message me so that i will buy my ticket and come home straight to you hone... Kisses thanks

Name :: Joseph David Cox
City :: Subang Jaya
Zip Code :: 47600
state :: Selangor
Malaysia

Re: hey baby
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"david joe" [email protected]
To: xxx
Thanks honey, I really miss you too i can't wait to be wit you cause you are the only one i'm thinking all the time i can't get you off my mind.. Love you more

Re: love of my life,
To:
thanks honey. i really love you and can't do without you... you are my life kiss, how is ou daughter i love you guys..kisssssesss

Re: hello darling
To:
Thanks honey i really love you too.. kissses i'm really busy here love you xxxxxxxxxx

To:
wwwowwwwwwwww i love you babe.. you always make me happy, i feel thesame how you feel for me honey you are so lovely and caring.. kisses

To:
i love you too babe.. Money will decide my coming home and i haven't heard from my friend that wanna send you the check yet.. I really miss you babe and i love you, if is u that first get money to get me home good or if is the check you gonna receive anyone that come first ok honey.. i really love you a lot.. Kisssses one love babe.. my heart

The scammer now writes to the daughter;
To:
Ohhh babe my daughter don't worry you can call me Dad ok and ok with that glad that you like me to be your dad babe and and gonna make you happy alright, then honey try to get some money first and let me know how much you come up with then we will know what we gonna do about the flight babe i really miss you alot.. Kissses and hugs to you and my daughter tell here i printed her picture she is so pretty girl. love you

Subject: Re: baby
To: "xxx
Date:

i love you too babe.. Money will decide my coming home and i haven't heard from my friend that wanna send you the check yet.. I really miss you babe and i love you, if is u that first get money to get me home good or if is the check you gonna receive anyone that come first ok honey.. i really love you a lot.. Kisssses one love babe.. my heart

Re: baby
To: "
Babe you should know i'm different i will make everyone happy and as you know before i like kids why aint i love our daughter, so she is my daughter not yours anymore i must make her happy take her to a lot of places to enjoy life.. tell her i will like to take her to canada when i back home i think they will have holiday soon.. And honey the flight we cost at least $1500 so you should try and get around that amount.. I really miss you babe kissses.

Re: My love
To:
Hone have forgotten to logout my ID before i lead troops to patrol so i'm sorry for that babe, Everyone here knows you already they know you are my queen babe then i don't smoke i don't drink either. So you don't know my birthday honey i will use that as assignment for you guess my age beside you know my age before babe.. i really miss you kisss i love you in bunches kissesssssssss my love xxxxx

Re: still waiting
To:
I miss you too babe sorry have been busy.. how was your night i got all your message.. how is my daughter too you guys mean a lot to me kisss i love you all..

kissses

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE READ ASAP.
To:
ting me home honey i can't wait to be with you honey even the 14days is too long but we don't have choice i really love you a lot sorry for not been mailing you too much it that i am really busy i love you babe... You are my heart honey.

Re: FLIGHTS
To:
HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING, I LOGIN NOW I SEE A LOTS OF MESSAGE WHY IS IT TOO MUCH LIKE THAT ?
THE MOST THING THAT ANNOYED ME IS THE OFFLINE YOU SENT ME ABOUT PEOPLE TELLING YOU I WANNA SCAM YOU HOW MUCH IS THE MONEY I THOUGHT I EXPLAIN WHY I NEED YOU TO PAY THIS MONEY IF I HAVE ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT I WOULD HAVE PAY THIS BY MY SELF, THEN I AM NOT HEADING TO YOU FROM MALAYSIA I AM COMING FROM IRAQ SO ANY FLIGHT YOU WANNA SEARCH IT MUST BE FROM IRAQ TO YOU THERE, SO ABOUT THE MONEY DIDN'T YOU WANT ME TO HAVE ANY $ WITH ME AFTER PAYING FLIGHT MONEY AS A TRAVELER I NEED TO HOLD SOMETHING INCASE I NEED TO BUY SOMETHING FOR MY DAUGHTER BESIDE THERE IS SEVERAL STOP OVER I NEED TO EAT SOMETHING AT THE REFRESHMENT CENTRE AT ANY AIRPORT THAT I HAD TO STOP THERE.. SO YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR SEARCH AND LET ME KNOW THE PRICE THAT YOU FINALLY GOT THAT IT IS FROM IRAQ THAT YOU WILL SEARCH.. IS NOT THAT I AM GETTING MAD AT YOU BUT I HATE IT WHEN SOMEONE IS QUESTIONING ME TOO MUCH I FEEL LIKE THAT PERSON DO NOT TRUST ME OR SOMETHING ELSE. SO YOU SHOULD NO I CAN'T DO THINGS THAT WILL HURT YOU MY LUV AND MY DAUGHTER YOU ARE THE ONLY WORLD I HAVE HOW COULD I HURT YOU GUYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.. I DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE WILL BE TELLING YOU THAT I WANNA SCAM YOU AND YOU WILL PUT IT ON YOUR MIND ARE THEY THE ONE TO GIVE YOU HAPPY HOME, THAT'S HOW PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY SEE THAT SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO HAPPY THAT WILL FIND SOMETHING DESTROY THE RELATIONSHIP IF YOU LISTEN TO THEM THAT MEANS YOU WANNA LOSS ME IN YOUR WORLD AND I WONT LIKE THAT.......I LOVE YOU. I MISS YOU

Re: FLIGHTS
To:
Honey i am not mad at you at all but it pissed me off but have forgotten about it.. how are you doing especially my daughter i really miss you guys honey you mean a lot to me kisses.

Re: babydoll
To:
Hey babe i really you guys too.. How is my Removed hope she is doing well, i can't wait to be with you too babe don't worry i will wait till when you will receive your ck.. But i wish it could be sooner than that 2-3 weeks i pray it will soon get to you babe.. i really love you a lot i am glad that sierra happy with the adopting ideal just let her know that i will be doing anything she want to make her happy i promise.. i love her my daughter. Kissses and hug to you honey.

Your Love Sgt Joe

Re: my check
To:
Hey how are you doing babe, glad to read your message and i am happy that you will soon receive your ck as you said in your message i can't wait i am getting ready now packing my stuffs together. i thought have told you that i told my son and mom about you honey you don't have any problem with my family babe then when i get there my son is coming to us honey so that we wont make him feel lonely with my mom.
So Just let me get there babe i promise you that i am going to get a Big enough house for us over there in your town so that we can have good life and nice time till the rest of our life so i hope u like the ideal of bringing my son with us babe, so babe i really love you and don't ever think i can change my mind on you when i get there.. Babe i don't care about beauty i care about the caring and the loving you are given me cause you always made me special here anytime i see you and our daughter e-mail you are so great honey.
Then when did you think the check will get to you honey cause i really miss you a lot and i cant wait babe is just like it should be tomorrow lol..
About the airport don't worry i will make sure i book one of the airport u gave me then i will mail you the flight details too so that you and my daughter can come and pick me honey.

I love you babe and my daughter you really mean a lot to me and i promise you that i will let you down i will make you guys happy till the rest of my life you mean a lot to me. kisses and hugs

Re: HEY CHANGE IN PLANS
To:
How are you doing honey.. I have take note of the airport now that is where i will book ok honey, I must book anywhere you like me to land that i easy for you to come and pick me cause i won't like getting to the airport and you will late then i don't want you to be stressing too much my love you cause you really mean a lot to me.. Then what wrong with my daughter you said she mean to you why..Please help me to pet her very well ok. I love you

To:
Sure i book the Stillwater Oklahoma Airport cause you said is closer to you.. I love you babe

Re: CHECK
To:
Honey i am online right now let talk. i love you.

Re: BABY
To:
Hello Honey i am online right let let me know if you see my message i might stay at offline cause i don't want anybody to disturb me lol..Just only you and my daughter i love you babe kissses i am waitinf for you online.

Re: SEXY
To:
Honey are am boreding plane in view minute now we just have 3 minute delay just want you to wish me safe trip and i love you and my daughter i will call you when i get to London.. Don't forget we have alittle stop over in Istanbul Turkey too.. i love you. i will call you kisses love you and my daughter.

I love you babe and my daughter KISSESS

To:
Hey honey i'm sorry you should know i can't do that to you and my daughter, Honey immediately i droped call with you i went out of airport to buy something for removed and you some guys keep following me i don't know them, Later i don't know what they did to me i found my self in there Getto they collected everything from me babe they are thief gang babe. So i escape from them right now i went to their police to show them my ID i want some police to follow their back but we didn't see them again honey they really hurt me a lot i wound, One of the police man gave me some money cause i explained where i am coming from for him and i let him know i am US soldier i show him my ID. Honey inside my luggage they took away i have my Uniform there babe i am done OMG i don't know what to do now babe. I still stay in the police station waiting to clear my REPORT then i lost my ticket now i don't know what is gonna happen my love, i think i will need to go to the airport maybe they will let me go i miss the flight from here now..Don't forget all this is happening in London babe i hate this country the phone i just bought they have took it shit babe i don't have your number with me again i would have give you a call. Will you please come online right now cause i have limited time in the cafe here please honey don't be mad at me is not my fault.. I love you and my daughter
So that is why you don't see me in that plane that landed honey i miss the flight babe i am crying i can't stop crying my love.

i love you and my removed please help me tell her what happened to me honey.

that was the last email i received from him. he hasnt contacted me in 2 days now. he hasnt email me since the date on last email. he has contacted me via text through yahoo messenger to my phone and of course i have deleted all of them now. seeing how i was screwed and didnt want to be reminded. hope this helps. if he emails me anymore i will post on here. if there is anything else you need from me mr. anderson has my email and phone number. catch this creep before he does it to some other single mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scammed angel75
edits throughout to remove victim name and email - Dotti
#25287 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm
ps forgot to add that i have pictures of him and he has pictures of me and my daughter. How could I be so stupid. You just don't know what this has really done to me. Not only this but this last Nov 2009 my daughter told me she was molested and kept it to herself for 2 years.....and NOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't keep her away from anything bad!!!!!!!!!!! scammedangel75
#25347 by Jillian Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm
ScammedAngel, I'm so sorry. This is heartbreaking to read and I can imagine how much you're hurting right now. You're doing the right things, though, stay strong and don't reply to him. I know that Robert Anderson has been helping you with this. Please do keep in touch with him, he will continue to give you advice. It may also help you to talk to someone locally that you can discuss this with to help you heal. Also, we'd love you to keep participating here. You are not alone. Please don't hesitate to contact any of us on the support team directly if you have urgent questions or need someone to talk to. If you'd like to post the pictures the scammer sent you, we can help you with that as well.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#25362 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 pm
AS SOON AS I CAN GET MY COMPUTER HOOKED UP I WILL. RIGHT NOW IM USING MY MOMS COMPUTER. AND I HAVE NO PICTURES ONE HERE. AND I REALLY WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO POST A PICTURE ON HERE. NEED INFORMATION ON POSTING HIS PIC. THANKS I AM VISITING THIS SITE EVERYDAY NOW. I GOT ANOTHER SCAM IN MY EMAIL TODAY ABOUT A UK LOTTERY I HAD WON. I POSTED IT IN THE LOTTERY WINNING SECTION. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS THIS SITE AND EVERYONE THAT HELPS PEOPLE LIKE ME. LOVE TO ALL. KELLY AKA SCAMMEDANGEL75
#25364 by Ralph Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm
Hi Scammed Angel,

Glad to know you are now more aware of scams, it is unfortunate that you had to encounter one of them to find out but all you can do now is see the positives, your new knowledge may well prevent you, your family or your friends from being scammed in the future.

As to how to post pictures, when your ready, take a look at this informational topic by Jillian viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
If you are still unsure I could PM an email address to you where you can send them for me to post for you.
#25377 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:20 am
Will try my best Ralph, if it doesnt work I'll either holler at you or Mr. Anderson. Thanks guys/ladies for all your help. Its going to take along time to heal from the love I lost or thought I had. But I am doing better as the days go along. Thanks again God bless. :D
#25432 by Robert Anderson Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 am
Hi SCAMMEDANGEL75,

I mentioned there are staff members here that are particularly knowledgeable about romance scams. Ralph is one of them. However we are all here to help you. You are more than welcomed to Email me any photos you would like posted. I will take care of it for you.

If it is a matter of wanting to learn how to do it on your own then I can walk you through how to like I did with checking Email headers.
#25456 by Ralph Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:31 am
^^ Very kind Robert but you are quite knowledgable on the subject yourself :wink:

Scammed Angel, if you do have trouble posting the pictures do take Robert up on his offer, knowing how to load and post pictures can be a useful skill, especially if you are going to continue with your online search for friends or partners.
#25486 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 pm
ok Robert I will try to send you the emails with his pics in them sometime this weekend. I have to go through my emails from him. Haven't heard from him since you called me that night. It's weird, cause he was really wanting that 500$ and now he hasn't contacted me at all. Oh by the way there is a guy on my facebook from Nigeria (sp) he is supposed to be a preacher. First day talking to me he told me he loved me. I am NOT sending him any money, but I will continue talking to him until he says something about it. Then I will notify you all.
#25562 by SCAMMEDANGEL75 Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:45 pm
Wow Robert those pictures where good. I hope that someone sees them and says hey thats me, but I am not the one that scammed that woman. Is there anyway that I can tell people about this site? I mean I want people to know about this site. But not sure how to say anything about it. Any ideas anyone? I don't want another person man or woman to go through the agony, of loving someone that really isnt who they say they are. My aunt told me about a woman that had been scammed a few years ago but it was much worse than mine, she sold her house, got the wedding day made up and he was to arrive the day of the wedding and never did. She sent him thousands and thousands of dollars and I would like this stopped. So how do I spread the word about your site? Love to all Hope everyone has a great EASTER SUNDAY!