Information on romance scams and scammers.
#174149 by jenniferb Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:46 am
Name : Flynn Riccardo Richarme
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +44 7937 179231 / he also called me from a +234 number when he claimed he was in Dubai. This alerted me to the fact that this might be one of a related Nigerian romance scam
Occupation: Architect from US, worked in UK over past 6 months to obtain license to work in Singapore
Situation: Currently stucked in Dubai, finishing last project, lack of funds to pay suppliers to finish off project
Marital Status : Divorced with 3 year old boy named Robbie
Best Friend: Sophia who loves horse riding
Origin: Home in Tampa Florida, Mother in Montana, Bilings and has a ranch
Currently self Employed and to be contracted by Aedas once in Singapore

Very convincing online romance date, good English , good spin on self details, poems, YouTube links to music videos to profess love etc . We exchanged emails for close to 3 months before moving to whatsapp messages. These days scammers really put in a lot of effort to onboard you!! After all, we was asking for an initial sum of 70k pounds!!

All's cool until he got you hooked and start requesting you to help on his lack of funds to pay supplier.

I just cut all contact immediately.
Advertisement

#174438 by Normafg Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 am
Hi, was scammed by the exact same "guy" with the same information, 3 months of mails until we moved to whatsapp. Very good English. He asked me for 40k and then for whatever I could send him. He said was stacked in Nigeria and. Couldn't pay the supplier. Be warn, he's good...
#175110 by kentvale Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 am
Hi:

I'm feeling really dumb. Met Flynn Riccardo Richarme on Match. Same exact story as above. US citizen working in the UK as an architect. Just went to Nigeria on a project and about to move to Singapore - "Oct. 5" is his arrival date. He has a son "Robbie" and he sends pictures of him and his son.

Glad that I saw these postings before he asked me for money - not that I would have given him any. He is very convincing and good....except one thing. I kept thinking some of the emails sounded like they were cut and paste jobs.

We emailed for about 2 months before he suggested we go to What's App. Beware!

Tel # he gave me +44 7937 179231
#175476 by sing Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:30 am
wow! I've been receiving e-mails from the same guy, same pics, same story, for about 5-6months. 4th May 1973 b'day! He initially contacted me through a message from Match in April, his profile said he's in Singapore. When asked he told me he is supposed to be relocating to Aedas after his project in the U.K. I had few on n off e-mails until August and past few weeks been quite few, as he's moving to Singapore soon - 5 Oct. Upon asking he even gave me his new residence location in Singapore, son's future school, office address etc. Last week he took my phone no. as he left UK, gone to Nigeria for a sustainable design project before moving to Singapore and I got a call from Nigeria that a cabby stole his briefcase with laptop, cash and some documents! So far hasn't asked me for money or anything other than sending too good to be true romantic emails!
In the last 6 months, I have googled him many times and never seen anything. I was so dismayed to see this thread today! As I am writing this, he's talking to me on What'sApp! Can you believe it? Wonder what other stories he had for you guys.. are you all from singapore or elsewhere? coz his story with me was he's looking forward to starting a brand new life in singapore and trying to meet people/make friendships..
#175477 by sing Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 am
Reading some of ur posts again.... I too felt that some of his long emails were cut n paste from somewhere else... although he was on What'sApp, he didn't reply to what I asked, kept saying things he wanted to say and said he prefers to communicate deeper stuff on emails. When he spoke on the phone (only once) I kept thinking he doesn't sound like American at all! rather sounded a bit french or someone with strong accent, it makes sense now! He gave me the same UK telephone no. Can't we do anything to track him down? I was thinking of speaking to Aedas where he said he'll be working from 1 Nov.
#175905 by jenniferb Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 am
I must say this scammer is truly top grade - AAA+ quality. He is extremely smart and understands not to ask for money immediately once he meet with trouble. He took time to source of money and i was "there by his side" comforting him on whatsapp for a week or so. Up until he asked me for money - i was devastated. The following is a sample of one of the last emails he sent me - before he met with "trouble" .

One thing that caught my attention was his mention of the apartment he is interested in - Corals by Keppel Bay - this is an extremely new development and will not be ready till couple of years later! That caught me suspecting him and started investigating on his profile. In addition, if he is really an accomplished architect as he claims, there should be profiles of him popping up on google web - there was NONE ... so yeah ... but it is ok, the risk of letting your experiences flow and looking for love online is that there are always risks involved... we live and learn

===============================

Honey,

So how are you? It's nice being able to write to you again... I actually miss it... haha... Even though chatting via Whatsapp is great as its real time but it has its limitations in terms of being able to share more in depth on one's thoughts. I'm doing just fine out here, I know I still haven't given us enough time to talk via Whatsapp as well... My phones been acting up for a while now, it keeps going off and on or sometimes the network just disappears, crazy! I slept like a baby last night, I have never slept so peaceful and sound in a while; you where even in my dreams

I have been feeling very vibrant since I woke up; wonder were all this energy comes from... Your humor can't seem to hide itself around me any longer. You have me not only totally all smiles lately, but in anticipation as well; anticipation to what I am possibly going to learn about/from you next. You have suddenly become a distraction (a good one though)... some moments today I found myself mentally fantasying of our very first days together (and while I was ordering breakfast this morning, I was playing this scene in my head about me asking you if I should order this or that) and predicting my reaction (hmmmm) Naughty me! I wonder why I do that at times, I have a creative and imaginative mind... You always have your way with words and amusement; you are full of humorous surprises, I think you're a gifted speaker! Thanks for the compliments & the nice things you say to me; the feeling is mutual... I know I talk smooth on-and-off, Truth! With you, I'm uncontrollable. I must confess; I enjoy and respect your company, you seem a balanced person... (That’s how it reflects). You're funny, I think you make perfect use of both your left side and right side of your brain. I like the things you say, I never expect and you always give me a great delivery.

For the second time, I just finished reading all our conversation from the very first email... I like that you are being open with me and if your humor never caught my interest, I know your genuineness would have never passed by without being felt by me. You can go on saying how our conversation has been so much interesting, and if only you felt my pulse every time we converse, you would have noticed how intense I feel anytime we're communicating, or you compliment on my writing skills. Inside this wall there’s a playful boy part of me when needed to be revealed; wait till I make you laugh at my boring jokes (smiles). I feel like I already know you just by talking to you (though my lucidity tells me to slow down, all I want to do is hit full throttle; I hope you’re a great navigator, haha), I'm not predicting anything here but rather being on the optimistic part; I'll say I feel something intense and meaningful already. You know this feeling you get in your belly or knees when you are in the presence of someone you are passionate about? {I don't really know if ladies feel it... I'm curious} and you feel feeble, heart racing fast (an earnest feeling), I feel like we could talk forever.

Yes! Eyes... I really do love your eyes. I've got blue eyes, not basically bright, neither is it so dark, just nice blue eyes, if you'll permit me to say. I love eyes; the one thing that really keeps me attracted to your eyes is just so simple... You have got warm and sincere eyes. Tricky Right? "Wait till we chat" I'm feeling a little delirious! You are something else (compliments), thanks for being warm
... I actually do blush

when I go through your mail, men don't blush! Wonder how you happen to have this effect on me (curious).
The last few years, I have used my business as a distraction to keep my heart away from the feelings of emotions, but since you walked into my way, I have found the great effects of having you as my distraction to keep my heart closer and deeper to the feelings of emotions and it's affecting my overall life as well as work output positively! I think I deserve a little private rest soonest so I can kick start again with so much energy (another benefit of my work is flexible holidays). I work hard and also do know how to play hard; I haven’t quite figured out what I’m gonna be doing... I plan to go on a vacation, but I never really do plan vacations, I just wake up and pick a place on my bucket list or a place I would love to revisit that I really didn't have enough the last time I was there. (Who knows, if we get lucky with each other, we just might be planning a secret get-away weekend or something together unless your schedule doesn't permit you) You'll be amazed how much attention and care I could lend, the moment we meet and (all things being equal) finally move on to the next much anticipated phase; chemistry & empathy…. With these qualities we can bestow two lives to become one. Through our interaction and daily understanding of each other, one easily sees the possibility of experiencing some series of nonverbal communications with you; hopefully in the nearest future (I think fortune is smiling down on Mr Richarme this year). I really like to be pampered once in a while and am not selfish in doing same. This email might be short because I just created time out to write, so you don't think I have disappeared on you, lol.

Robbie isn't attending preschool yet, as I don't want to confuse him with the change and all that (ok, not just that, I have other reasons) until we're in Singapore then he starts a very good international school; I'm presently looking into three schools:- ISS International School Singapore (Preston Campus), Canadian International School, & Rosemount International School Pte Ltd; Rosemount hopefully being a preferred choice. I would have to interview the schools in person, though I'm quite keen I'll settle for one as with respect to office & home. We would be residing in the city at a service apartment on River Valley, until I have inspected and probably secured the waterfront property my agent has for me at Corals at Keppel Bay.

Health-wise, Sophia isn't really doing great, but psychology-wise she's never been this positive in her life, it's like she became a stronger lady embracing her ill-fate and rather than spending countless times feeling sorry for herself, she's taking a much bolder approach to grab life by the horns and enjoy whatever time she's got left here on earth with fulfillments. I'm fortunate to have such a great friend, I keep repeating that to myself everyday; simply put, she's just so incredible! The nature of my project is of two interrelated criteria; 1) Aedas would use this as a test of my skill in certain areas of the design-build process, 2) On completion of this project I then get my licensure which I came out here for. As an engineer, Sophia gets to bring projects for bidding and we decide which to go in for and which to stay away from and why? Price is almost never an issue! I don't like to compete on price... To set myself apart, I try to offer more than my competition, and always introduce extra services... I often win a project bid by what else I can offer the client; I offer my clients my ability & experience, customer service, a solid workforce, presentations skills, image, financial security and other various factors. The aim is to be able to convince my client that I would build a quality project, with personal service, on-time, and under-budget. I like to handle projects where I take responsibility of being the full service leader of the design build process, hence acting as the single point of contact to a unified team of end-to-end service providers. My favorite parts of my role in every project is of two natures, 1) the responsibility role and relationship between me & my client, 2) the strategic leadership role in leading the team through progressive iterations during the entire project lifecycle.

Honey, be a good girl and could we like lend a little patience until I pull this project through? Thanks for being you, you brighten my day with laughs... your humor, I wish I'll never be wrong. Miss you. lol. I'm coming to woo you soon, I’m just handling business now, there’ll be a lot of time for fun (you don’t wanna imagine).

I'll stop here for now; you have got me going on again.... (ummm). Take care of you; my eyes and heart are excited to read or hear from you soon. You are in my thoughts every moment and all day; wanna bet? I’m missing you already... You are always on my mind, don’t know how you do that, but don’t you dare stop, ok.

With Love...

P.S: I love this feeling, I hope it never stops!!!

P.S.S: When I'm in SG, I'll let you slap my wrist and tie my hands for writing so much words to you on occasions. What's wrong with me, do I want to blow up your screen???
#175906 by jenniferb Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 am
My story begins from Stamford, Connecticut lived there until I was 6 and then mom & I relocated to Ontario, Canada, where we lived until I was 10, and it was high school in Scotland, and finally returned back to the States where I attended an interior design school (first for the fun of it and because I thought it was cool), so I could perfect my new found passion in interior designing at Billings, Montana. I worked, practiced, and perfected my designing skills as I found my passion further stirring from serenity, beauty and aesthetics towards construction, conceptualization, systems and functionality which took me to the school of architecture, Florida International University. I had my Masters in Los Angeles, worked in New York for a while where my mind got interested in a lot of topics from finance to economics, management to business strategy, eventually I found myself studying again at Boston, Massachusetts where I acquired a certificate in strategy consultant! Afterwards, I relocated to Tampa Florida with my then girl and got married, as the years went by I grew-up more in various vital and peripheral aspects of my life. During the final dark days of my marriage I made a healthy sweet escape to Vancouver, Canada where I stayed for a while and traveled a lot to different countries to get distracted, I shuffled Canada and the US until my divorce was settled, before returning back fully to Tampa moments after my divorce. All these moments and experiences one way or another lead me to today and here I am now, 40 years later, like everyone else with so much possibilities & prospects, I had my ups & downs, made mistakes (which I called life's inevitable lessons) and I never stop learning.

I met my ex in New york, we dated for two years before we got married. My marriage lasted 5 years but we were only together for 4 years as the last year was spent with series of chaotic conflicts and then finally dissolving the marriage. To be honest, I only enjoyed the first year of my marriage; we didn't even hit the 2 years mark before I realized that I might be headed for doom. The remaining years where spent patching up things as well as being hopeful that things might work out, on the other hand I was too emotionally scared to be divorced so to speak; but eventually we did hit that "rock"… I'll tell you more about it in person, ok. Just so you know, I retained full custody of Robert my son while she only walked away with benefits; my ex wasn't into him in the first place, not just him, but kids in general. And having one of her own only contradicted her "lifestyle", was her ultimate perspective. If it does help, my ex isn't what we call a marriage material, "she was never into it in the first place, everything happened so FAST", were her words. Btw, she isn't 'all dark' character wise, we had our fun moments, there were moments when TIME ACTUALLY STOPPED, when it felt like we were the only people in the world and our hearts were filled with laughter, joy and happiness; she was adorable and quite caring, someone who would stick her neck out for her man in the most dire situations, someone who does know how to take care of her man, she was an intimate lover and a fine cook, she even made the best pancakes & lasagna ever, haha… To mention a few, she had her merits but there's a contradicting twist to it; so that the pains during the marriage was too intense that it needed little effort to weaken the strong bond together, finally we tore apart... Simple put, my marriage was a LIE!
#175907 by jenniferb Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:01 am
Wow! I missed this, hehe... How are you my friend, I really missed you, I missed our communication, I have pretty much missed this feeling... How have you been? How has your weeks been? How is work? How's life in general? How is your family and friends? How are you again? Looking forward to the weekend? How did you spend your last weekend? Honestly, have I discouraged you with my absence? What thoughts has been running through that lovely mind of yours? The last you heard from me was on my birthday and then it felt like I disappeared from the surface of the earth, right? Of course I didn't, lol. So where do I start? I have been temporally isolated in a not too distant city of Deutz in Cologne, Germany for a LONG AWAITED prospective future design collaboration with a USA chair manufacturing company called Emeco. This company designs lightweight chairs out of recycled aluminum that last a lifetime with a guarantee of 150 years, apparently it takes 77 steps to arrive at this genius quality and state. So your friend here have been away in isolation (like Alice in wonderland, haha) trying to put his creativity and wits together to see if he can secure a possible collaboration with Emeco in the future, all things being equal. So why did he disappear without a word? It's simple, I have been virtually plugged-in in the realms of aluminum, design and all the process it takes to manufacture this masterpiece of a chair, with little or no distractions (btw, you're a good distraction) for about three weeks (actually I have been working eminently the last 14 working days, with the exception of Sundays). Alright this doesn't still explain why I left without a word... Monday evening, while trying to clear out my spam mails from another of my email account I stumbled on a long awaited invitation email and reminders which had been there all the while, I almost missed this opportunity by a hair's breath had I not been lucky enough to check my spam first before emptying it. And then I was a little bit confounded with mix feelings of anxiety and enthusiasm, because even though I had been waiting for this, the timing was to short, and I didn't seem prepared enough. Almost immediately I got into working and was up all night while I cancelled/postponed all other appointments on or before dawn, and only could catch a nap on my flight.

My birthday was a blast! I think the term "random spontaneity between choices" best describes my birthday weekend, for starters thanks for the wishes, we should celebrate together once I'm in Singapore... After a fast paced weekend, which apparently seems to me the briefest I have had in a while, staying in doors on Monday while recovering from a hangover as I spent quality time with Robbie and some time being alone, haha -except for an unexplainable urge for chicken noodle soup that saw me dragging myself out of the apartment even though sluggishly, but with unrepentant crave until I had the last scoop of noodles from the bowl- I was on a morning flight to Cologne on Tuesday, and it was back to the formal mode, always buttress with a little bit of humor whenever the right opportunity shows up. I seem to like the idea of a relaxed, professionally playful but proficiently handled environment whenever it comes to business, no matter who I'm dealing with at the time, be it the coffee girl, a client or a future business partner; we should all learn to have a little bit of work-life approach in our daily lives without seeming/being unprofessional. I returned back into London yesterday and today would be spent preparing two detailed documented files one which is due for Monday morning as I have a presentation and the other is in respect to my trip which takes some while preparing.

Alright back to my birthday weekend which was a contradicting mix of arts, opera, drinks, stimulating conversations, crazy banters, music, dance and good food; I couldn't have asked for much being away in the UK while I marked a milestone in my life. To think the word AWESOME could define anything close to the fun I had is more than just a fulfilling feeling. I started the evening at the Peacock theater for a dance performance titled: "Some like it hip-hop" by a group called the ZooNation, which is a mix of hip-hop, comedy and theatrics (apparently it's a fusion of a 1959 movie "Some like it hot" and Shakespeare's Twelfth Night); impressive performance. Next was a gastronomical evening spent at a French cuisine Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester restaurant, on Mayfair for an awe-inspiring full course dinner, that played with every senses possible in me while I munch every tasty bit of food down my gullets along side fine wine. After dinner, while still sipping on my glass of red and having a wonderful retrospect of my life, was my "colorful with a little bit of gloom here-and-there" thoughts interrupted by what first seemed a disturbance by a group on the next table who apparently, according to them wanted to relief me of my loneliness & misery haha… Ok, this lively group is a crazy mix of eccentrics and a bold and determined approach towards life. There were three of them, a guy and two ladies, the guy's a Spanish-Portuguese upcoming latino music artist, one of the lady is a Spanish-French writer, and the other is a Trinbagonian artist all visiting from Brazil. The musician and the writer are family related, and the writer and artist are dating lesbians, apparently I didn't figure out they were dating until later on that night, I could be naive sometimes, lol. The writer has recently completed writing her first adult-romance novel under an "Alias" in Spanish, and was on a trip to London to meet her English editor and translator (she wants the book first published in English, Spanish, & French, and hopefully other languages in the near future), she brought her relative along to introduce him to a contact at Universal music group for a possible record deal, and of course her girlfriend probably to gain any inspiration she could from the trip; it was their first visits to the UK. After they realized it was my birthday, I was convinced to joined them up at an extraordinary arts and drinks experience at the Queen of Hoxton were I indulged in series of alcoholic cocktail mix of different varieties until the wee hours and then I found myself on the dance fall shaking off the excess alcohol in my system at the Ministry of Sound club and then I was back to my apartment where I spent most of saturday morning sleeping off.

The afternoon of saturday saw Robbie and I out shopping for his milk and other personal items, and then a walk at the park before heading back to the apartment. We played lego together an other fun ideas that we both invented as the evening passed along and then I was out for a night of opera watching the beautiful performance of Don Carlo at the Royal Opera House and then dinner and drinks at the Rotary bar & dinner with a colleague and his girlfriend's family and friends. This was a rather interesting mix too, as his girlfriend's younger sister was having dinner and drinks with family and friends after marking her wedding anniversary; so when I say family I mean two sisters (colleagues girlfriend and younger sister) and a brother, and then friends. This night was spent with wonderful dinning, drinks, conversations ranging from the oddest topics to events around the globe. Actually, we ended up all getting really stoned as my birthday was somehow infused into the night once again. Sunday morning was a trip to the gym after two cups of coffee to work out a little and then swimming for what seemed like forever, then the afternoon I was at the Excel London exhibition for a design exhibition, Grand design live, and then dinner at the Holly bush in a historic beautiful building and then I ran into the upcoming musician of Friday night (does lightning strike twice at the same spot? One wonders? hahaha...) with his French fashion designer girlfriend who just returned from Belgium and then it was drinks, dance and flaunting of our professionals in the most admirable way. Slept in late through Monday morning and then jogging & swimming, afterwards spent time with Robbie and then the rest of the day studying files as I watch the news and then rested a little more unless for when I had to go out to cure my crave for chicken noodle soup, haha… I think this about explains the premonition of a f**king awesome birthday celebration.
#175949 by turtle24 Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 pm
I met him who went by name Brent Mclaren. Similar story, similar emails until he told me his trip to Nigeria. That raised me red flag. When he told me he was robbed in a cab, i sent his personal details to Nigeria Lagos Embassy. And the Embassy saying that they have no record of this person and said they can help him out to send him back to the states if he really needs help. The Embassy also warned me not to send him any money as Nigeria has a lot of scammers online. And then I felt a sense that he is a scammer and stopped all the correspondence immediately before he even got a chance to ask me for money.

I felt said when I stopped all the communications with him because he sounded like a sweet and smart person. He play's gals' psycho very well. Gals, beware for people who seem too good to be true.
#176259 by sing Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 pm
I have exact same e-mails and the cab robbery story in Nigeria and his frustration with Nigerian banks. Also apartment at Keppel Bay! Still hasn't asked me for money yet. He seems pissed off with me when I stopped responding lately. funny...