Information on romance scams and scammers.
#190416 by optimisticdreamer55 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 am
Two days on two different dating sites I've been contacted by scammers. The text is like others on here, but here it is as it was sent to me from a man named Karl Hanke off the ZOOSK dating site. --

"I'm a widower lost my wife 7 years ago to cancer of the breast, She was older than me with 10 yrs you know the hardest thing in life is to watch some one you really love pass away, i cant help it but no matter how it goes down life goes on, i don't need to emphasize on that any longer, i'm sorry if i'm bothering you with my stories, oops sorry i forgot to introduce my self , My name is Karl Hanke , age 55 yrs old Born in April 6th, I'm 6.1 tall, 180 lbs located in Moncton NB, I'm the oldest of three children Jenny and Lynn are married with happy families guess they are doing fine,Lynn is married to a pilot and they have a happy family here  in Canada while jenny is in Australia with her family too, My dad died 25 years ago and mom is still pretty much around, well maybe i should go deep into my family background my dad is a German American and Mother is a Caribbean  from Montserrat. My father was an international business man who met this Caribbean orphan whose family was close friends. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist. Sometimes she says she sees same in me, lol. Due to the nature of my father’s job he travailed a lot and that made me spend most time growing up with my mum and my two sisters in Montserrat (that is how I got my accent). After high school in Montserrat on the Caribbean island, I left to study in Lethridge, Alberta where I got the first degree in electrical Engineering and, before I finished college my father and mother were already settled together in Bethesda, Maryland US, My father died and she was left alone. So i had to move mom from Maryland to Canada , my house, I met my deceased wife and best friend in Venice, Italy at a fashion show she was a fashion model and she was very good at heart. I lost her to cancer and ever since then there has been a vacuum in me that has been longing to be filled, A friend introduced me to the site because he believed i have waited too long i should just  move on with my life ever since i lost my wife i have been alone so he called me and introduced me to the site but i guess its a nice thing because i met you,well here are my turn on

1. kind hearthed
2. God fearing
3. Intelligent
4. Neat
5. Humble 
6. conscious (as in understands herself as a different entity)
7. simple
8. uncomplicated
9. honest
10.calm
11.intelligent
12.like to Cuddle&snuggle

Turn Off
1. Saucy
2. Manner-less
3. Too dependent
4. Evil Minded and Greedy
5. loud
6. greedy
7. demanding
8. nagging
9. cheats
10.complains

MY JOB
I am a global  Engineering contractor agent, Am into Installation of a Gas turbine, engineering job has taken me to over 22 countries of the world ranging from Asia, Middle east , Europe , Oceania and Africa. I do basically rig constructions and renovations or over water bridges. We have worked at many countries across the globe. The present project is my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cost embraced work for so long. Now i feel i can settle with a woman I love and love me.

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can’t make love any more and all we could do is play bingo and ping pong ,LOL. I can’t wait to hear back from you. Pls write me soon my dear and tell me about your story, your background, and your profession, and so on…Your turn!" - end of email.

*This man raised questions to me because his phone # (514)437-3671 given was a Montreal area code here in Canada, yet he said he lived in Moncton, NB..we have a different area code in NB. Also, who in their right mind would say they went to school for engineering in Lethbridge Alberta..notice he spelt Lethbridge wrong...
Anyway, I copy and pasted just simply the last line into google and found my suspicions were right, this is like a form letter these catfish send out under various different names.

Beware..
Advertisement