Information on romance scams and scammers.
#190417 by optimisticdreamer55 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:36 am
I joined Plenty of Fish dating site yesterday and I caught a catfish!! Yay me..lol

He gave me his email address [email protected] and asked me to write him. I asked about his background and this is the email he sent me. Even though his English was poor, at first I thought maybe its just because he's Spanish..but then I read how he had been in the US since he was 18, he's now 58..hmmm he should speak and write better English than displayed here , so I ran piece of email in Google and found this email word for word on other sites. A form letter used by catfish scammers. Also it isn't that easy to get a work visa, especially to New Brunswick for a simple mason..Here is the email-

"Good Morning to you and how was your night, Hope you had a sound sleep. I am new to this and most of the lady's I read from on this site are not what I want "you profile sound nice. More about me I am widow , Well i was born inn Spain then moved on to Us when i was 18years with my parent and later move to Canada after the death of my father, that were i live now...I lost my wife 5 years ago ever since then i never remarried and now am tired of been lonely i need to move on with my life that is why am on pof to search for my soul mate, Though i don't believe in online dating but my son encourage me more on this and  you are the first and only contact on this site. I`m 5`10" 187 with a Average Body , mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, good listening, God Fearing, and a positive person.I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I love to play golf and I enjoy chilling` with my friend/family , I like going to the movies , or watching movies in my room , I like swimming , fishing, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, traveling , going bowling and also a good cook.I am a family oriented person and There is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself..

I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today, I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests, and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone!. So come on and share it all with me, as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.c.t. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship I want to build with you I want it to be like no other you have ever shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality and potential.From the pure heart that cares alot I look forward to hearing from you soon! have a wonderful morning ahead. Donatus "

Here is second email he sent-

" How are you doing, Just got home from a conference meeting and i got a letters from you, Thank you so so much for this and i really do appreciate it so much.  No i am the only Child of my parents like i said before my parents,they were so perfect and always love each other and they live happily until my dad died 2 years ago, and my wife died of Lungs Cancer ... She suffer for this for 3 years before she died 5 years ago. I missed my dad so much and my wife but life goes on, Just have to move on with my life to be with the right woman and be happy again and i believe my dad and my wife will be happy for me to fine the right woman again in my life, This life is too short. You are such an amazing woman to be honest with you. Oh yes i can see your parents raised you with love and happiness plus so much respect as well. That makes me feel more comfortable to continue to know more about you and see what will comes out from it . I want you to know men are so different we weren't the same at all.. Communication is very important in a good relationship without that and trust i believe there is no relationship at all. I will never be selfish to my woman or to everyone, I always wear my sleeve on my shoulder as well. I always respect my woman as well. I love to cook and i will rather prepare coffee or tea for my woman while she will in bed in the morning and always cook supper before she get home from work. I always try to do everything to make my woman happy.Oh i believe in Law of Karma as well. Am a kindness man as well and always treat people nice and wonderful , I always put a smile on their face when ever they are sad, I don't have any secret as well.. we do have alot in common so much and i like that. 

Thank you so much for getting back in touch with me as it actually made my day!!I am really going to put a lot of effort into writing this letter to you in hopes it will provide you with a good understanding of who I am, what I am all about, and what has made me the person I am today. The reason I am going to write a letter rather than just send a message is because I am serious about wanting to establish a quality friendship with you,and because of the fact I rarely contact anyone on here, so when I do you can be rest assured I am serious about my intentions.
   Am looking for a woman that will be able to listen to me , communicate his feelings to me , make me laugh, hold and comfort me in need,stand by my side, respect me, passionate lover in every way, support me in everyway, love me and only me, make me smile, protect me when needed, romantic time to time ,constantlyreative, and treat me right......
 The very reason I am interested in establishing a friendship with you is because I feel I have alot to offer you in the way of a friendship and I know I have alot to share with you that will be of interest to you and even some things that will surprise you. I am very much a man of substance and I am very unique in todays society because I live my life through my spirituality and through the word of God and because I have such a strong understanding of what I feel my role in life is suppose to be. I am a man of integrity and my word is my honor!. I have very high standards for myself and my life is all about providing love, peace and happiness to others.For you to get a better understanding of me picture a waterfall in your mind and instead of all the water overflowing it is all the love and passion I have in my heart to give to others who are deserving, as the love and passion has an endless flow coming out of my heart.

Where others write many people and keep there messages short because they are all about how many they can write, I am the opposite and very selective in whom I choose to write and I like to give them my very best even if it is in a long letter such as this. I know the type of person who I want to build a friendship with so I am willing to put the time and effort in my messages to show that to you.Feel free to write me back directly, Hope to read back from you soon and have a wonderful evening. Donatus"

**Best advice is, run everyones email address on Google, and take pieces of the email content also and see if they come up. I think with the amount of news and talk shows now reporting on these dating scams, women hopefully aren't stupid enough to fall for this bs..but thought I would share their email addresses and names used, just in case there is that odd woman who doesn't watch TV out there.**
Advertisement

#225153 by Sharski18 Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:18 pm
Just an FYI
This person contacted me just this morning..only on the site ZOOSK!
He is now saying he lives in London , On....but the content of the rest of the correspondence is pretty much word for word..apparently he is on POF....I Googled image the pic he is using and it is identity theft of an actual person from Spain.