Information on romance scams and scammers.
#199971 by AlanJones Sun May 04, 2014 9:03 am
Fake military romance scammer.

My dearest beautiful angel
As you know we are being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs.During one of our rescue Mission we came across a safe that contains Huge amount of money and some bars of gold that belongs to the revolutionaries or insurgents, which I believe they use in buying weapons and ammunition's,and it was agreed by all party present that the money will be shared amongst us

Out of the total fund my share was $600,000,I am seeking your assistance to evacuate my share of the money, which is $600,000 out of here to you, in as much as you can assure me that my own share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is not stolen money,and there are no dangers involved, as I have made arrangements with a UN representative who promised to deliver the fund to any of my choosing destination.

I shall be compensating you with 30% of this fund on final conclusion of this project with some of the gold bars, while the rest shall be for me for my investment purposes.

One passionate appeal do not discuss this matter with a third party, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please destroy this e-mail as any leakage of this information will be too bad for me because we military on Assignment does not get involved in financial issue when on peace keeping assignment.

All delivery expense will be shoulder by you so send the rightful detail to me to avoid mistake
to enable us discuss in a more clarifying manner to the best of your understanding. I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decides to go public. In this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this message is strictly for mutual benefit between you and I and nothing more

I do not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived two suicide bomb attacks, which prompted me to reach out for help, I will be migrating to you as soon as possible {ASP}
Reply me directly to my email
[email protected]
Regards,
general John Toolan.
cdsc.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#201480 by Grunt Wed May 14, 2014 10:45 am
Dear xxx,
Thannks for your response bellow is my life challage
I was born in Brooklyn, graduated Xavier H.S. and Fordham University in NYC. Commissioned through the Platoon Leaders Class program, i graduated the Basic school in April 1977, and was assigned as an Infantry Officer with 1st Bn 9th Marines in Okinawa, Japan. After three years at MCRD San Diego, California, where i also met and married my bride Helen Baygent of El Paso, Texas, i was reassigned to 2nd Bn 7th Marines as an infantry company commander, during this period i gave birth to my first child SEAN.

In 1986, i was assigned to the University of Pennsylvania as the Marine Officer Instructor, Cara Lee arrived and the family headed to Camp Lejeune as II MEF staff secretary and 2nd Light Armored Infantry battalion. DESERT SHIELD/DESERT STORM during this period i gave birth to my youngest child Beth, highlighted this tour in the Carolina MAGTF. With family complete, Manpower Officer Assignments became the next challenge until 1994 when i was selected for command of 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, "Wolfpack" in 29 Palms, California.

I was also Selected for the Air Force War College in Montgomery, Alabama, then subsequently assigned as the Deputy J5 at Supreme Allied Headquarters, Mons, Belgium. Bosnia and Kosovo, especially ALLIED FORCE consumed duties in Europe. i was Selected to command Weapons Field Training Battalion back in Camp Pendleton from 2000-2002, then reassigned to 1st Marine Division as the Operations Officer, where the division was deployed to the Kuwaiti theater in preparation for "IRAQI FREEDOM".

In March 2003 i was selected to command Regimental Combat Team 1, Baghdad was secured, the RCT returned home and then i was redeployed for OIF II and the Al Anbar province. Fresh with lessons learned from Iraq, i was then applied to the education of young majors when assigned as the Director of the Marine Corps Command and Staff College, Quantico, Virginia. I was Promoted to Brigadier General in July 2006, i was assigned as the Principal Director for Asia/Pacific Affairs, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy in Washington DC, In August 2009, i was assigned as the Deputy Commander, U. S. Forces, Japan.

In July 2010, i assumed my current position as the Commanding General, 2d Marine Division. but presently i am here Afghanistan Kabul regarding the peace keeping mission am here for two years now, my current personal awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal, (3) Legion of Merit of which (2) Combat "V", and the Combat Action Ribbon.

xxx hope to hear from you need more information about yourself see you soon.

Best Regard
Gen.John Toolan
Cds.
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014

photos stolen from
Major General John A. Toolan Jr