Information on romance scams and scammers.
#192290 by jupa Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:08 am
Michael sent the same one to me in this email.........personally I would not continue communicating with him, why drag it all out?

To: XXXXX
Subject: RE: Morning musing......
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:34:31 +0000

Morning XXXXXXX. Sorry I didn't have an email waiting for you yesterday morning. Believe me, I derive extreme happiness and pleasure when I type on my keyboard thinking of what to tell you.
Because I am travelling later in the week, I had to get up extremely early to head to Liverpool where I needed to sort out a few financial matters before I depart. Betty wrote you ey? She did ask for your email, and even though I hesitated at first, I gave in.

How is my baby this morning and how is work going? Apparently my mate Alex, says I go on about you too much that it's beginning to irk him? Apparently he was your biggest supporter and now he says he can't wait for me to go away so he gets some quiet. He was joking of course. You speak about not wanting a long distance relationship, I do not think anyone in our age bracket would wish to have a long distance relationship in this day and age. So, not to worry, I am moving. Were I not, a long distance relationship is certainly not in my cards.

In other news, there's a reggae song that I have recently been listening to and I'm sure you'll understand why. It's by an artist called "Daville" and the song title is "always on my mind." I don't know if I told you I enjoy reggae music; however this one's a bit more new school that the older ones I listen to.

I hope you had a pleasant night Anyway, I came across this poem and wanted to share it with you.

Being far away from you,
Each time I think about it, my eyes with tears.
This the most difficult part of my everyday life
Sitting here in my peaceful room, but my mind wasn’t.
I’m calling out your name again and again
But even I shout it so loud
You can’t hear me, because you’re far away…
Wish I’m your bed,
So I can relax with you.
Wish I’m your pillow,
So I can feel your hug each night.
Wish I’m your blanket,
So I can give you my warm embrace.
Wish I’m your stuff toys,
So I can watch you asleep all through the night.
Wish I’m your cell phone,
So I can hear your voice everyday to heal my tiredness.
Wish in just one snap of my finger I’m with you,
So I can kiss you goodnight.
I wish you’re not far away from me.
So I stop wishing each night.
I wish… I wish…

Jackie, I left with a neigbhour's daughter. She volunteers at the local shelter and promised to take care of her for me.

Miss you so (even though I've never been with you before)

Michael
Advertisement

#192873 by Karenb52 Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:19 am
Well am I ever glad I found this site... I got the picture of his "Nana" just today and I thought 'She looks remarkably youthful for an 83 yr. old woman' so I tried to check the properties, and a link for "Search Google for this photo" came up, and lo and behold! Here I am!!

I suspected something was off about this guy from the beginning... he was way to mushy way too quickly. Also he couldn't keep his stories straight... he'd say one thing, and then contradict himself in another email. One thing I found odd was that he wrote to me on a Monday and was talking about the weekend being so close. I think he must have a series of stock emails that he sends out in a series, and then forgot the timeing or something. I won't post the emails I have received but they are basically all the same, almost word for word, as what has been posted here already.

Now I am concerned because he has my cell phone, my office phone and my home phone number. Anyway, if he really is in England it won't do him much good. I am trying to decide now how to extricate myself from this. I don't want to give away this site! In fact, I am posting a couple of other pics in case it helps someone else in the future.

I should have listened to Match ... don't communicate with people outside the website. Boy do I feel stupid....

Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I really mean it!
#192890 by jupa Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:32 am
Thank you! I received all the same photo's except for the first one! I posted the pic of Nana and him........so glad I did now! He is not in England, Nigeria..........I can't believe he is still using the same pictures etc. same script, don't feel stupid, feel grateful you found out before too much emotional energie put in!!! He just wants your money, don't worry about the phone #'s ..........since I dumped him he has not contacted me at all....... Just don't communicate with him anymore! When I found this site, I dumped him like a hot potato! Thank you for posting more pictures and listening to your intuition! Always listen to your intuition! I also thought there was something not right........I kept searching didn't find anything until one night when on the way to bed, "something " told me to stop at the computer and do another search.......this time I put in his university........up came this site........I was shocked and relieved! lol I haven't been on these dating sites for about 8 yrs. so much has changed, cancelled my membership to Match.com...........immediately......whats the point? Have to sift thru all these deadbeats.....no thanks.....I'll do my meeting the old fashioned way! Thanks for posting your pics. Beware! I couldn't fully understand how so many women are taken for large sums of money on these sites.........now I know........this guy is quite slick! I would have never sent money, I left him while he was setting me up...........he just was traveling to get the gems.........last email he had purchased an expensive, rare gem.......used all his money.............boy I was naive.......oh well good lesson learned! Always listen to the inner voice........... :oh-joy:
#192921 by Karenb52 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:49 pm
Here's the email address he is using now:

[email protected]

I really hope this shows up on a google search. I mean, the first thing I did when he first contacted me was check out on the internet what I could find. Grrr... I am still steaming mad. What a waste of space this man is....

:twisted:
#192978 by jupa Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 am
Checking the email doesn't seem to help, he used michaelfergie2015@hotmail with me, I checked out also, nothing showed....for each new profile they make new email, I think..........I checked michael fergie, nothing showed, I kept checking to see if I could find something, one night I googled his name and university, that is how I got here! Wonderful site......I was a month into emails.......few phone calls......be grateful you found out about him/them...before tooo much emotional energy put in and...before any money was sent......many have sent money and the sting is much worse, I would imagine........that's why I put some emails on, so if someone searched a phrase it may come up.........anyhow, move on, waste of energy, even to get angry.........my anger was directed at myself for being duped!! Anyhow we have pics up and if people search.....they will find Nana.......Michael......best looking 83yr. old I have ever seen...........they are con men, plain and simple, some slicker than others........this one is very practiced! :P
#195633 by jupa Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:07 am
Checked new postings here, well there "Michael Fergie" as Leonard Morgan! lol He's still going strong, some of the same pics he sent me, many more tho, changing the look also........this poor guy and family he's using! Look out ladies........he's slick........changed his story also.........beware!
#195673 by leonis Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 pm
Well, ladies I can explain why he proposed to you holidays in Greece. He was talking about Greece everyday with me so it was easy for him to make plans. What places did he suggest to go to? I bet he used some of my greek photos too.
For me Leonard Morgan - his alter ego- suggested Bora Bora, Tahiti :laugh-s:
#197730 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 pm
Frank Michael Gringer is my full name. Only about a hand full of people call me Michael, and since this is brand new, I decided to be address by Frank. Quite the pleasure to read from you here. I really do hope I'm not about to bombard you with too much information, but I feel it's important you know a little about me. So, here are a few things about me to give you a vivid idea of the person I am. Again, it's a bit extensive, but it's me.

About me: I grew up in Leicester. A part of Leicestershire, which is in the East-Midlands, England. My mother passed away at childbirth, and for some personal reasons my father despised me for it. According to him, whenever he looked at me he would see the person who took his wife away from this world. He was a drunk and a degenerate gambler. My father however remarried 5 years after my mother's passing to the most amazing woman you'll ever meet. She was nothing like my father. Was kind and caring and at the age of 7, when she had taken enough of my father's conniptions and his severe maltreating of me, she took me away from him and we have lived together ever since. You would think he would come after us, but he never did. She raised me and taught me everything I know today. She adopted me on my 12th birthday and I call her Nana even though she's not my grandmother. I owe everything to her and she is my pillar in life. The Barbarous man past 9 years ago from cancer, but I never did care much for him. Catherine was a strong woman, and did everything she could to make sure I got a good education and that I did. I attended English Martyrs catholic School in Beaumont Ley, which is also in Leicester, for 3 years and then work moved nana to Warwickshire. I transferred to St. Benedict's where I also played football(soccer)and rugby, as in Leicester. I had to take half-day jobs, so couldn't always make practice and eventually dropped out of the squad. After secondary school, I studied Geology at Coventry University, and eventually went on to get my MSc in Geology and earth science at Warwick University.

Not to dampen the mood, I lost my wife and daughter in a car accident 8 years ago, and I haven't been in a serious relationship since then. It had been very difficult for me adapting to my old life without my family and with everything that reminded me of them still around me, I made the decision 5 and 1/2 years after their passing, to make the permanent move away from England. Time never allowed me to implement my plans, but thankfully, a new phase of my life has begun.

In November 2011, I moved to Canada. While Montreal has been serene and beautiful, Nana had begun to tire of the all too familiar British-like weather, so I knew I had to do something about it. Working from home allows a huge amount of freedom, so it wasn't that big a deal to initiate the move. Above all, I knew it would make her happy. I am mineral geologist by profession; was a field manager until 2004 when I resigned. Now, I'm an independent consultant. The major decider on the move was when Nana found the perfect stay-at-home nurse. We had tried to get her to move to Montreal, but that fell through. So basically, we are moving there to be around her family so she could be nana's round the clock caretaker.

I have worked with a few reputable companies and a lot of mediocre ones in England. The companies in England are usually the subsidiary branches, who usually have umbrella branches or head offices situated in countries worldwide. The first major mining company I worked for is De beers, they are a huge and well respected one at that. I was a researcher/field manager's assistant when I started and I loved the adventure. After my second year of training, I got to travel to South Africa for the first time and it was amazing. I worked there and was offered the post of a researcher after 3 years, but my promotion took so long that I had already applied for a job elsewhere for the post, but the latter paid better. Namco is a Canadian listed mining company, not as huge as De beers, but they were on the prowl for fresh untapped endowment. I was with them for 7 years. In my years of being a researcher, I have travelled to tons of countries; Russia, South Africa, Namibia, Guinea, Ghana, Brazil, India, Australia, Congo and Guyana. I still research when hired by private and potential entities, but my field manager days are behind me. And after relocating, that will be seldom done.

Please forgive me for going on and on for no reason. With time you'll get to see that I'm quite timid and this email was the best way for me to "break the ice."

Where exactly do you reside? What are your hobbies, dislikes, pet peeves? I'd like to know these and more, but we could start there for now. Have a lovely morning.

Frank

You've certainly had your fair share of tribulations in the past, and I'm glad you emerged from it all okay. I believe it's these experiences that have moulded you into the person you are today. It hasn't been easy, but I believe the worst part is over and it's how we pick ourselves up that defines the person we are. For the record, the attraction to your profile was instant. You're beautiful and I love what you had to say. Obviously I couldn't read all the emails I received, so from the ones I read, yours was beautiful. You shared so much in your email and I appreciate you taking the time.

Not that you asked, I arrived with a 5 year work permit which is renewable to another 5, and then to a resident's permit. After my move, I've worked from home which is as convenient as can be. I retained my old clientelle and still get great referrals every now and then. I am a self-employed mineral geologist and have been for the past 8 years now. As I said in my life email I was a field manager for over 15 years. I loved my job and I loved the travels, but at the end of the day the hours weren't worth being away from family for long periods in a year and I had to let that go. I still however travel, but not as much as I used to. I'm certain my job description would puzzle you so let me try to elaborate on what it is I do exactly. I'm officially an independent consultant now, and sometimes I consult for private entities in the mineral geology field as well as individuals. I have a small office in Greater London where I had my business meetings and did my office work.Now all of that is in charge of a young promising adult who happens to be doing a great job. You could also call me a business man who participates in the purchase and resale of gemstones.

I was married to Perpetua for 26 years, but we were together for 30. My daughter was 24 when she passed. Catherine's very much alive at 71. She was a smoker for a very long period in her life and it's affected her health, other than that she's quite the healthy woman I must say. She made the move with me, and sincerely this was her choice, as I had preferred Melbourne, in Australia. She'll probably be the liveliest female at her age that you'll know. She watches movies, probably as much as I do. She reads and is cooking half the time she's home. As for my father, although I didn't forgive him before he passed, I certainly have found peace now.

I'm quite the avid reader although to be honest I haven't read in quite some time. I love TV shows( American shows to be exact) To name a few: two and a half men, the mentalist, NCIS,Mad men, Boardwalk empire, Modern family, Downton Abbey(though not American), homeland and tons more. I'm unable to watch them on the original air dates so I have them recorded and watch them on weekends when I'm less occupied. I love music, a lot. I have an iPod and I carry it pretty much everywhere with me. Music has helped me through a lot of tough times and it's my refuge. I love to swim, play lawn tennis, horse riding ( I worked in a stable for 2 yrs as a kid), surfing(haven't in a while), Love to cook( have been cooking since I was 11 with my Nana and I learnt every single recipe from her). .

I'm quite open to a fault and I dwell on sincerity. I might be a wee-bit timid, but I definitely tell it as it is. I don't keep a lot of friends, because I detest dishonest people and the ones I have are like family to me whom I trust with everything. My closest friends are a couple I have known for over 30 years who reside back in England, but are currently around for a 2 month holiday(More on them some other time).

Being Xxxxxxx, I'm certain you're a coffee drinker? Or are you one of the very few tea drinkers? Have a good morning and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.

Frank

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#197794 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:36 pm
This scammer knows that the dating site will realize he is a scammer and remove his profile. So, what he does is mass message 1,000's of women in hopes of getting one victim. As you can see below he explains that his dating site subscription will expire in a day. For this reason he wants to get you off the site. He prefers text or emails.

The combination of

The combination of your photo and your profile is a rarity considering the profiles I've scanned through so far. Before I proceed however, I must share that I'm a tad farther than depicted. Currently reside in Montreal, but move to Victoria in 5 weeks. Well, 4 weeks and 5 days now. I had to alter my location because I figured this way I would be matched with those already residing in BC.
I hope this doesn't ruin my chances, as I would very much love to utilize that time in getting to know you better.
It possibly would give us a chance to communicate, learn more about each other and perhaps lessen the chances of an awkward or wasted first meeting.

After spending so much time being registered without actually being active, I've realized my subscription expires in just about a day, so if we are to attempt correspondence, it would have to be privately. I have no problem with sending a photo, however, I would need an email address to send it to, seeing that there is no way to attach a photo without everyone else taking a peek. I would understand if you feel skeptical sharing your email address, but I suppose you could register a new account for the sake of premature correspondence, and if you do not wish to communicate further Were I to send one and you do not fancy what you see, feel free to discontinue correspondence and I pledge not to bother you further.
What do you think? I would love to have your email address if it's something you wouldn't mind. You could reach me at frankgringer2012 @ mail com . You could also send me a text on my mobile if that's more convenient for you. 514-587-4212

Hope to hear from you soon.

Michael

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#198080 by caligirl2014 Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:15 pm
Wow...so glad I found this site!!!!

AKA: Frank Gringer
MATCH NAME: RAMONHIP
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: 203-814-1934
MSc in Geology and earth science at Warwick University

I attempted a few google searches on this guy over the past couple weeks and found nothing so was hoping maybe he was for real...but as his 'story' got grander and grander, I though hmmm and attempted a search yet again - and somehow, miraculously, found scamwarners.com. Different email, but wording exact...

Whew. THANK YOU SCAMWARNERS!

I also received nearly all the same photos you good folk have posted here...actually was just talkin' about this guy with a girlfriend last night, saying even if he isn't for real, at least it's a really good story. ;) Yes, this scammer is slick...and sick. Ugh. Blech. Disgusting - posting in the hopes it will save another gal.

Ah well. At least not much emotional time spent on this loser...assuming it's even just one evil person. Fortunately I wasn't at the point of others (ie: planning a trip to Greece?! wow), but would hope that I never would have given him money...pity he's got a few photos from me...ugh. So f'd up. :(

Thank you scamwarners.com! You are doing good work here!!!
#198081 by Bryon Williams Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners caligirl2014,

Thank you for updating this information. Please keep in mind that 99.9% of the people you meet on dating sites will be fake. Do not believe any story from them and do not send money for any reason.

Here is some information on Romance Scammers >> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

Please stop all communication with him. Eventually he will go away. Do not let him know that you know he is a scammer or point him here. We want other women to find him like you did.

#198142 by bjbuttons Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:04 am
Match Member Name: NVNick2LuvU

Almost word for word from some of the previous posts.

I didn't want to be to too forward sending you so much in the 1st few emails, not knowing if you would be interested in what i have to share or not. I guess its time to let you know who i am, don't really know how this is to work, but hey! Here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own Wife and Best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime, lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound? To make you know more about me,. I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study. My story i would say is somewhat bittersweet.

MY BACKGROUND

I am Nicholas Charles Frankland, most people call me 'Nick'; lol. I was born to a loving couple (so i was told), by an American man from New York and a British woman from South Africa. I am my Parents Only Child. My mother passed away at childbirth and for some personal issues my father despised me for it. According to him, whenever he looked at me he'd see the person that took his wife away from this world. He became a drunk and a degenerate gambler. My father however remarried 2 years after my mother's passing to the most amazing woman you'll ever meet.

She was nothing like my father, she was kind and caring and at the age of 7, when she had taken enough of my father's conniptions and his severe maltreating of me, she took me away from him and I have lived with her ever since. You would think he would come after us, but he never did. She raised me and taught me everything I know today. She adopted me on my 12th birthday and I call her Nana even though she's not my grandmother. I owe everything to her; she is my pillar in life and still Lives in London. My father died 20 years ago from cancer, but I cried because I never had the opportunity to be loved or cared for by him. My Nana was a strong woman, she did everything she could to make sure I got a great education and that I did.

When I was fifteen I left to study in lethridge Alberta in Canada, for my Secondary education and later on to the University of Alberta, Canada; where i got the first degree in Mechanical Engineering. I met my wife and best friend in Paris. She was a fashion photographer, good at heart (lost her about 7 years ago to cancer). Actually I could say i met her in a funny way, would explain that later.

MY JOB

I am an Independent Oil and Gas Consultant/ Global Contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations or over water bridges and design plans for oil pipeline installations. i have worked in many countries across the globe. I am currently in the process of placing tenders out for 1 last project, which would be my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue any business i do from my home office. I think i really have gotten to this height because i embraced work for so long trying to get over my wife, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.

MY DREAM

This is how my typical dream day would be like; i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can't make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo, LOL.

MY AIM

I moved back to Canada; Vancouver; from London - England about 6 months ago; I intend to make this my new home and want to build a family and enjoy the benefits of having someone to love and being loved. I intend on retiring sometime late in April; after 30 years of work in the fields. I have been able to acquire a property in; North Vancouver, BC V7N 1E6, where am currently residing & I planning on settling down in and starting this new life.

I could say am a total package, but that might sound too cheeky (LOL); I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

I can't wait to hear back from you. Please write me soon my dear.
Your turn!
Regards
Nicholas Charles Frankland

He is using a different set of photos from those posted here.

The email address he used was: [email protected]
Last edited by bjbuttons on Mon May 05, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.