If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#197472 by GuyfromLouisiana Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm
Needless to say, I was taken advantage of in regards to purchasing two English bulldog puppies via a money gram from a phone number given to me through an ad on the website below.

I'm not sure what steps to take because I am an honest person and deal with kids all day that are pure and honest, as well. I was raised to be honest and have integrity. I guess this is a life lesson for me? However, I would like to do something about this so that no others are taken advantage of like I have been. Any advice or suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

As stated in my profile, I am a fourth-grade teacher from Louisiana that has been saving up my money to purchase these two English Bulldogs. It's taken me quite some time, but now all of that hard earned money is gone.

Thank you again for any help you may be able to offer!

Gabe Hood
Advertisement

#197473 by GuyfromLouisiana Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:25 pm
IMG_4227.png
IMG_8013.png

These are two of the pictures that I found after looking up the phone number associated with the English bulldog seller.

Gabe Hood
#197478 by Dotti Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:37 pm
Unfortunately, chances of retrieving your money are essentially zero.

The best way to help others to avoid the scam is to post the scammer's details, including email address, website (if they had one), and the actual emails he sent you.

It is also a good idea to report the loss to IC3. You can simply do that online. It is not going to get your money back, but when people don't report their losses, the scope of the problem ends up being underestimated. The agency needs to understand the scope of online fraud and its impact to our citizens, to help ensure more resources are allocated to addressing it.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#197480 by GuyfromLouisiana Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:54 pm
Thank you for your response! It means a lot to me.

I always have been honest in all dealings with anyone, so I guess this my life lesson?

I'm completely upset that all of my hard earned money is now gone, but I will have to "suck it up" and move on.

At this point, where I just realized what has happened to me, I'm speechless and embarrassed because I told my entire family and friends about this puppy that I had just purchased.

By the way, what or who is IC3?

Gabe Hood
#197521 by HillBilly Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 pm
If you could post the phone # and email address of the scammer, that may save others doing a search and finding them listed as a scammer.

If you could also post the details the scammer gave you such as ID, test question & answer, and location of the wire transfer, that would be good, too.

Finally, here is a couple of good articles for you to read at your leisure.
http://www.petscams.tk/

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3149

My personal point of view is that you will do the world much more good by looking in the local shelter, or an animal rescue.... The animals from those places seemingly know they are rescued from certain death, and they are that much more grateful as a result.

#197574 by tazmanian Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 am
Sorry that you've had this sad experience. Sadly not everyone is as honest as you which is why we teach our kids about safety with strangers. Yes it is a hard lesson to take, but perhaps you can help others by being vigilant and warning anyone else who might fall for a scam.
#198600 by BeenScammedToo Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm
GuyfromLouisiana wrote:Needless to say, I was taken advantage of in regards to purchasing two English bulldog puppies via a money gram from a phone number given to me through an ad on the website below.

I'm not sure what steps to take because I am an honest person and deal with kids all day that are pure and honest, as well. I was raised to be honest and have integrity. I guess this is a life lesson for me? However, I would like to do something about this so that no others are taken advantage of like I have been. Any advice or suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

As stated in my profile, I am a fourth-grade teacher from Louisiana that has been saving up my money to purchase these two English Bulldogs. It's taken me quite some time, but now all of that hard earned money is gone.

Thank you again for any help you may be able to offer!

Don't worry, "every dog gets its day"!