If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#180167 by Michael13 Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Hi!

So, I usually don't trust anyone asking for different types of payment on eBay, but the wife thought it was ok to sell her iPhone by accepting a "PayPal Gift" payment.

This scammer from Vietnam, who goes by the fake name Chris Neal, did the following:

1. He tells you he has trouble using paypal and instead pays you as a gift.
2. You see the money in your account and proceed to ship the product.
3. He calls his bank and says his credit card was stolen.
4. The bank cancels his paypal payment and Paypal takes the money away from your account.
5. You are screwed because once the package leaves the US you cannot stop or intercept it.

This is the shipping information he gave:
Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: Ebay iPhone
Date: October 29, 2013 at 9:09:18 AM EDT
To: m>

Did you receive $630 as gift? please send it to vietnam asap today by usps express mail international, this address:

Name: Chris Neal
Address: Nguyen Tran Phuong, 22 Nguyen Van Sieu
City: Da Nang
State: DNG
Zipcode: 59000
Phone: 0988877451

---

Using this I've been able to find a forum post where he is trying to sell his crappy Daewoo Matiz car:
http://www.otofun.net/threads/524562-th ... day/page35

And using the same username as in that board I have found what it seems to be his Facebook profile:
http://facebook.com/phuongnponline

It would be cool if we can mess with him! Or at least have this info to prevent more scams.

Thank you
Advertisement

#186601 by nyc1234 Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 am
I received the same thing from the same person. I was selling my Iphone on Ebay and he told me he is having problems clicking the payment button and asked me to send him my paypal info. He has the same email but is going by a different American name even though he is from Vietnam and does not speak English very well. Here is his e-mail to me:
Matiz pro <[email protected]>
7:06 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Did you receive $625 as gift? I receive $610 invoice from you, but i think the shipping cost by usps express mail is $50 (not $35), so i sent $625. please send it to vietnam asap today by usps express mail, this address:

Name: Benjamin Cunnington
Address: Nguyen Tran Phuong, 22 Nguyen Van Sieu
City: Da Nang
State: DNG
Zipcode: 59000
Phone: 0988877451

The money is in my account, so I am immediately withdrawing it and we'll see what happens...
#186603 by Bryon Williams Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 am
Welcome to Scamwarners nyc1234,

If by chance you logged into Paypal directly without any links and it showed the money it is still a scam.

Your account has just been flashed with possibly a stolen credit card or hacked Paypal/Bank Account.

You need to stay with Ebay messaging and follow Ebay's payment rules. If the buyer is having problem buying then he should handle it on his end.

The money is in my account, so I am immediately withdrawing it and we'll see what happens...

What is going to happen is you withdraw the money and send your Iphone to Vietnam. Days or weeks later the victim of the stolen credit card/hacked account reports it. The money is then taken from you or your Paypal account frozen. If the replacement money is not in your account to send back to the victim Paypal will hit your back up payment. Eventually you will repay the money or possibly be placed into Collections.

As for the Iphone. It is gone forever. You can not recall it after it is mailed.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#186609 by nyc1234 Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 pm
Has anyone reported his e-mail to paypal? Seems as though he has been using the same email. I am trying to report his ebay username to ebay as well. I have not told him that he is on a scammers websites nor that I am on to him yet. I will speak with Paypal and see what I can do about this issue.
#211499 by zekitazegul Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 am
Hi , I guess Im the last victim of Nguyen Tran Phuong from vietnam. Same things happend to me.
1. He sow my phone for sale on ebay
2. He mailed me from [email protected] to tell he has a problem with his ebay account.
3. Asked me my paypal mail address to send money.
4. Transfered more money than i asked (instead of 40 usd he sent 100 usd for fast shipment)
5. I see money in my account and withdraw to my bank account.
6. Shipped the phone to adress as he provides on email [email protected]

Name :Nguyen Tran Phuong mail: [email protected]
Tel no 1: 01659869345
Tel no 2: +84988877451
Address: Nguyen T Phuong 57 Nguyen Chi Tanh State : DNG Zip Code: 59000 DA NANG VIETNAM
7. I was happy to sell my phone for a good price.
8. Than he bought 3 more phones from me...
8. After two weeks the person who has been hacked by Phuong , complains to paypay to take her money back.
9. Paypal took away 2300 usd from my account now it is -2300 usd in red colour...

I have been contacted to paypal but they are saying nothing to do ...
if is there anything to do to please write , i will be appreciated.
I thing i will newer use paypal even will not do online shopping by using credit card.