If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#212697 by Bikerchick Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:29 am
I've received this private message last week via LinkedIn, which made me check the scammers warning sites once I was asked for money!! BUT due to a couple of scams (Thankfully only 2) which I already lost quite a couple of Rands as I'm from South Africa, but has been staying & working in Saudi for the last 5 years.....I THANKFULLY keep my eyes & ears open for these things!!

Avocat Eric HOUENOU
Councilor At Law
07 BP 431 Cotonou-Littoral
République Du Bénin
MAIL:[email protected]
Tel:+229-99312920

Attention;

My Name is Avocat Eric HOUENOU Esq, a Private lawyer, Personal Attorney to Late Mr. Michael Heydenreich, a national of your country, who used to work as the Director of Produits petroliers an oil company in Benin Republic West Africa.On 27th May 2010, my client, His wife and TWO Children were involved in a car accident

I seek your honest consent to present you as the heir apparent to the deceased since The Bank has issued me a notice to provide the Next of Kin, since both of you has the same last name, so that the proceeds of this amount valued $10.5 Million United States Dollars would be paid into your bank account as the next of kin, then you and I will share the money 50% to me and 50% to you. for more information,I will need the following information from you Your Full
Name...........................................................................
Your Email Address.......................................................................
Your Age..............................................................................
Your Country..........................................................................
Your Occupation........................................................................
Your Position.........................................................................
Your Telephone Number.................................................................

(For Communication Purpose) If this proposal satisfies you,please reach me either bymail; [email protected],
or phone; +229 99 31 29 20, formore clarification about how this will be done. I await your reply as soon as possible.

Best Regards, Avocat Eric HOUENOU Esq. (Attorney-At-Law-Firm-Benin)
Advertisement

#212721 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 am
Thanks for posting! This is a standard next-of-kin scam; I'm sorry to hear you lost money to it. No real African lawyer would use a Yandex address for business, because 1) the law firm would have its own domain, and 2) Yandex is Russian.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10