If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#217363 by ebony Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 am
hi everybody!
I feel like I need to share my experience. Until last week I thought I found the job of my dream (how naive!) at Draycott Hotel.
I came accross their ads on Paleba.org, saying that there were vacancies at this Hotel after sending them my resume and a copy of my scanned passport that's how they replied to me.

Aug 27 at 9:29 AM

Draycott Hotel
26 Cadogan Gardens,
London SW3 2RP,
United Kingdom

Dear XXX,

Thanks for your response and your willingness to travel and work here at the Draycott Hotel.The management of the Draycott Hotel found your answers satisfactory and your qualifications has shown us that you are competent and capable of delivery quality service here at the Hotel due to you years of experiences you have gain.

This is an Affirmation that your experiences and qualifications were found suitably qualified for the requirements of Draycott Hotel and the document attached to this email embodies our Contract Terms of Agreement of the job you are about to be offered and you are expected to read the letter carefully and if found satisfactory you are to sign and send back to us the scanned copy as an email attachment.

Note that you are to bear some of your travelling document processing expenses upfront, all these information you will find in the attached letter.

As soon as we have received the signed letter back, the HMRC (HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS) Office here in UK will then
furnish you with more information regarding the processing of your Require documentations and how it would be sent to you.

At the bottom of the letter, don't forget to write the date you signed the letter and kindly fill in the position being offered to you by theDraycott Hotel which is the position of the (GUEST RELATION ASISTANT) and your commencement date would be on (15th September 2014).Kindly also send to the HMRC OFFICES a scan copy of the signed contract letter VIA`Email at: [email protected]

Note; That we are the ones responsible for your accommodation,flight ticket and some other added benefit you will get to know when you are with us here at the Organisation and note that we provide free accommodations to our employees.You are only to required to bear the charges involve in processing your UK work permit document from the HMRC office.

We do hope to get the signed contract letter back as soon as possible and We hope to hear from you soonest . Best wishes from Draycott Hotel

Kindest Regards,

Susie McEwan Smith

Human Resources Manager

Draycott Hotel,United Kingdom

[email protected]

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 701 290 1924

SIGNED MANAGEMENT

After sending the signed contract to the alleged consultant (Wilfred Balford ,who is actually a pastor funny huh ) , he sent me some documents with the HMRC logo, requiring me to send 498 GBP by Money Gram or Western Union for all related residence work permit expenses. how surprising huh?!

Afetr scrutinizing all the doc they've sent, I found a lot of spelling errors, that the references they gave plus the number they used where used in other fake job cases ( corinthia hotel or ritz hotel). Moreover, after deep web search i found that HRM Susie Mc Ewan was on LinkedIn with no profile picture and with only one connection ( which is quite impossible for a HRM dealing with a lot of people).

does it help anyone?
Advertisement

#217413 by vonpaso xlura Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am
This is indeed a scam. Government offices do not use addresses at consultant.com, hotels don't use addresses at englandmail.com, and businesses in the UK don't use phone numbers beginning +44-70.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#226776 by Lester v Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 am
I found this very useful because in a newspaper in Panama, where I live, these thugs published a notice of Draycott Hotel. I i was about to send it cost 450.50 GBP work permit, they they offered me 2,200.00 GBP as monthly salary and they pay the visa and airplane ticket. Supposedly I would get free accommodation and hotel uniforms, as well as food.

I would vacation twice a year, one month each, GBP 2,500.00 more for personal expenses. work from 7:00 am until 4:45 pm Monday through Friday with daily two-hour lunch break at work.

I was really very excited about this job because I need it. So thank God, I opened the page of the UK government and could document myself, then I did a search on the email address they gave me and I found your page (scamwarners).

The first ad I saw was the Draycott Hotel, exactly the same letter you published, and I'm still shaking and very disappointed.

Thank you very much for your valuable help. If not perhaps have found it today, I would be another victim of fraud, because he was asking for a loan to pay for the work permit and all personal belongings to stay in London.

Here the letter they sent me.
SW3 2RP,
United Kingdom

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Thanks for your response and your willingness to travel and work here at the Draycott Hotel.The management of the Draycott Hotel found your answers satisfactory and your qualifications has shown us that you are competent and capable of delivery quality service here at the Hotel due to you years of experiences you have gain.

This is an Affirmation that your experiences and qualifications were found suitably qualified for the requirements of Draycott Hotel and the document attached to this email embodies our Contract Terms of Agreement of the job you are about to be offered and you are expected to read the letter carefully and if found satisfactory you are to sign and send back to us the scanned copy as an email attachment.

Note that you are to bear some of your travelling document processing expenses upfront, all these information you will find in the attached letter.

As soon as we have received the signed letter back, the HMRC (HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS) Office here in UK will then
furnish you with more information regarding the processing of your Require documentations and how it would be sent to you.

At the bottom of the letter, don't forget to write the date you signed the letter and kindly fill in the position being offered to you by the Draycott Hotel which is the position of the (Front Office Assistant ) and your commencement date would be on ( 22nd November 2014).Kindly also send to the HMRC OFFICES a scan copy of the signed contract letter VIA`Email at: [email protected]

Note; That we are the ones responsible for your accommodation,flight ticket and some other added benefit you will get to know when you are with us here at the Organisation and note that we provide free accommodations to our employees.You are only to required to bear the charges involve in processing your UK work permit document from the HMRC office.

We do hope to get the signed contract letter back as soon as possible and We hope to hear from you soonest . Best wishes from Draycott Hotel

Kindest Regards,

Susie McEwan Smith
Human Resources Manager

Draycott Hotel,United Kingdom

[email protected]

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 701 290 1924
SIGNED MANAGEMENT