If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#35146 by timfrx2 Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 am
this is just one of the many emails i have recieved from this (Removed)head and would u believe he is still going as we speck.............
Hello ######@hotmail.com,

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $23.000.00 AUD from Brandy Dora ([email protected]) via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details
Merchandise Amount:
$23.000.00 AUD

Agent Charges:

Taxes and Insurance:

Total:

$1.000.00 AUD

$0.00 AUD

$23.000.00 AUD

Transaction Id:
7GW68607S6553701P

Quantity:

Merchandise Title:
mazda rx3 coupe
##############

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transport Company: UAB"Kuršiu Linija"

Name:Mark Ward
2A Torbay Street,
London, NW1 8RR
United Kingdom

Address Status: Confirmed

NOTE: This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by Brandy Dora, and has been deducted from his PayPal account,which is ready to be credited into your account,been that this Payment has been subjected to be a Payment for an MERCHANDISE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secured also to verify the legitimacy level on this transaction because of the high sum of funds involved.

The above sum includes the charges of the shipping company and taxes.(as per PayPal MERCHANDISE PAYMENT POLICY). You will receive a Message from the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the shipping charges and taxes to the transport company to the above details as soon as possible.

You may click here to contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Removed offensive language, we dislike scammers too but prefer to keep it clean ;) - Ralph
Advertisement

#35181 by timfrx2 Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:16 pm
yet another from same person

Money Transfer Details Request

Dear @@@@@@@@@hotmail.com,

PayPal authority sincerely seek your esteemed co-operation.

Note: PayPal verifies members account on a regular basis and duly monitor every transaction respectively.

It is mandatory you know that the funds has been debited completely from the buyer's account to your account which will become available in your PayPal account balance immediately the funds is released from our database to your account and all cost of money transfer through western union would also be credited into your account instantly at PayPal cost. therefore be rest assured that your money is safe with us and the buyer no longer have access to the funds in his/her account .

PayPal authority recommend you to transfer the agent money of $1.000.00 AUD to the given name and address of the buyer and email us the money transfer details for confirmation to enable us release the sum of $23.000.00 AUD to your PayPal account immediately. All cost of money transfer through western union would also be credited into your account instantly at PayPal cost.

Please understand that, as PayPal officials, our major aim is the protection and satisfaction of our customers. To ensure both you and the buyer is protected, we sincerely demand for the immediate agent of the additional $1.000.00 AUD to the buyer's given name and address stated below and email us the money transfer details for the immediate release of the sum of $23.000.00 AUD to your PayPal account respectively.

Name:Mark Ward
2A Torbay Street,
London, NW1 8RR
United Kingdom

You are expected to go to any local western union money transfer agent office to have the agent of $1.000.00 AUD transferred to the approved name and address of the buyer given above and email us the money transfer details such as:

1) Sender's Name
2) Sender's Address
3) Sender's Country, State, City and postal Code
4) Security Question and Answer
5) MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
6) Receiver's Details.

To locate any Local Western Union Money Transfer Agent Office located in your area, simply copy and paste http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentLocator.asp?country=global into your browser to find an agent in or within your area, thereafter you are expected to visit the office to have the refund transferred immediately and return to us with the Money Transfer Details by email.

You must understand that we are taking this security measure to secure both parties as we will not have any access to the $23.000.00 AUD in your account after been released from our database to your account and you are strictly advise not to disclose your PayPal account password to anyone not even PayPal officials for your safety.

You have 100% PayPal authority assurance that upon confirmation of the money transfer for the agent, the sum of $23.000.00 AUD would be released to your account immediately.

Thank you for your esteemed co-operation and patronage. We look forward to serve you better in future.

You must understand that this transaction is currently been monitored by PayPal Transaction Verification Section until the transaction is completed for security purpose.

We are highly sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for your understanding.

Scott Thompson
President
PayPal, Inc.
#35655 by JamieEchelon Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm
would you actually believe that I was approached by this same person on a differant website?
they asked me on www.gumtree.ie could they buy my phone.
i replied saying yes. they said they wanted to pay me €180 for it, i sent the paypal request to [email protected] (they were emailing off [email protected])
they kept insisting that the payment was sent.
then they sent me a bogus reciept (with the transaction number stated on one of the bogus reciepts above) and said that until i sent it and sent them the tracking number, the funds wouldnt go into my balance.
according to paypal, they had done no such thing and paypal do not offer a holding service.
i replied to the seller saying i knew their game (thanks to this webbsite i saw what they were about)
I then told them i was informing paypal and the police (which I am doing)
to which they replied that they were going to inform the police if i did not send their item!
this really p***ed me off because they had the nerve to call it theirs!
anyway
heres a copy and paste of the bogus reciept.

PayPal logo 20 Aug 2010
Transaction ID: 7GW68607S6553701P

Hello Jamie D***n,

You received a payment of €180.00 EUR from Brandy Dora ([email protected])
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now send the item.It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Eligible
Buyer
Brandy Dora
[email protected] Note to seller.
Get the item ship.
Shipping address - confirmed

Name:Taiwo Tosin
No 22 Owode-Estate Apata,
City:Ibadan
State:Oyo-State
Zip Code:+23402

Postage details
Post Office(EMS).
Description Unit price Qty Amount
iphone. €180.00 EUR 1 €180.00 EUR

Postage,packing €0.00 EUR
and Insurance ----
Total €180.00 EUR
Payment €180.00 EUR

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this
[email protected] and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,
You will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL " from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP753

do not get scammed by this son of a bitch!
#35883 by scotty720 Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm
Got an email form a so called Brandy Dora... went through all of the paypal thing he sent me and then was thinking it was too good to be true so typed his name into google and this site popped up. Saved me (and some proper buyer) loosing a bike! Want to say thanks to this site for saving my bacon...
FYI here is the email he sent to me and the address he wanted to send my bike to...

Am happy to inform you that i have just contact PayPal for the funds now so i will like to know if you have receive any confirmation email from them if not i will like you to check your mail,i will like you to help me get the item shipped to a friend of mine in West Africa i have include the shipping cost in the payment so that i can cover the S&H amount,So here is the shipping address's below.

Name:Taiwo Tosin
No 22 Owode-Estate Apata,
City:Ibadan
State:Oyo-State
Zip Code:+23402
Mobile Number:+2348053346215

So i will like you to proceed the shipment with Post Office(EMS) and as soon as the shipment as been done i will like you to get me notify by sending me the tracking number.
Nice buying from you.
Thanks.
#35929 by JamieEchelon Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 am
this person had the cheek to talk to me on gmail messanger after they tried to scam me
and asked me if i had sent it
i told them i knew about their scam
they apologised
and then heres the kicker.
THEY ASKED ME TO SEND THEM MONEY!
they said they had no money, and no jobs
and that if i sent them money, they were going to change!
can you imagine how furious I was?
yeah, i've reported them anyway.
have fun in prison brandy dora :)
#37309 by yummymum Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:57 am
This Brandy Dora person replied to my advert via Gumtree, re: Brand New Canon EOS 50D. This person said that they are buying it for their friend in West Africa. Then I received an email from fake 'Brank of America' regarding to bank transfer and this person said that they have contacted PayPal to make payment, how can this be?? Looks dodgy to me as you cannot make payment from PayPal to bank account can you?

I got exactly same email as scotty270, re: where to ship the item and telling me what I should do! The cheek of it until I googled his/her name and it turned out to be a scammer! Thank god I put my foot down as this person has been begging me to ship the item which I refused until I see the amount in my account which I haven't since s/he said that they are holding the fund. What is it with those people, especially in West Africa? Beside, how can they access the UK gumtree knowing they they are on the other side of the world? (Almost)
#37775 by JLF Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:41 pm
HI I PUT AN AD ON GUMTREE YESTERDAY AND WAS AMAZED BY THE QUICK INTEREST FROM 'BRANDY DORA'. IT WAS FOR AN OUTFIT ADVERTISED FOR £300. BRANDY DORA OFFERED TO PAY £400 FOR IT TO ALLOW FOR SHIPPING TO 'A FRIEND' WITH THE ADDRESS SOME OF U GUYS WERE ALSO GIVEN IN NIGERIA. I SENT A MONEY REQUEST THROUGH PAYPAL AND WONDERED WHY IT STILL REMAINED AS 'PENDING'. I GOT THE SAME EMAIL AS SOME OF YOU SAYING THAT THE MONEY WILL BE RELEASED WHEN A SHIPPING TRANSACTION NUMBER IN ENTERED. BRANDY DORA EMAILED ME TO SAY THAT THE MONEY WAS SENT AT THAT END AND DEMANDED TO KNOW WHY THE ITEM HADNT BEEN SENT. WHAT WAS STANGE ABOUT THIS EMAIL WAS THAT THERE WERE NUMEROUS RECEIPIENTS ADDRESSES ON THERE WHO WOULD ALSO HAVE RECEIVED THAT RATHER UNPLEASANT EMAIL, "I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE SHIPMENT????????????????" I PHONED PAYPAL AND THEY SAID THAT BRANDY DORA HAD NOT ACTED ON THE MONEY REQUEST I HAD SENT AND THAT IT DID NOT NEED A SHIPPING NUMBER FOR MONEY TO BE RELEASED. I FORWARDED ALL THE EMAILS TO THE FRAUD DEPT AT PAYPAL AND GOOGLED 'BRANDY DORA' WHICH LED ME TO THIS SITE. I AM RAGING THIS IS STILL GOING ON. IN THE EMAIL BRANDY DORA WANTED ME TO PUT ON THE PACKAGE 'FROM A FRIEND'. THE PRICE TO SHIP THE ITEM TO THE ADDRESS GIVEN WOULD HAVE COST APPROX £130. SO GLAD I CAUGHT ON TO THE SCAM. THE QUESTION IS WHY ARE THEY STILL ABLE TO DO IT????
#37788 by Dotti Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 pm
Welcome JLF,

I am glad that at least you were able to avoid being scammed, but I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately, there is no real way to stop them from doing this--if they have access to the internet, they can do it. They never actually do anything with Paypal--they ask you to send the request to make it seem more real to you, but in general they don't even have paypal account. In fact, due to the fraud rate, Paypal does not allow Nigerians to sign up for paypal accounts!

That's why education is so important. Being aware and vigilant is what keeps you safe from these scammers.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#48681 by cher Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:57 pm
soo glad i found this site, and i cant believe there are other forums with people complaining about the same scammer- BRANDY DORA! at hard times like this as well people just want to be able to sell their items with no issues, I cant believe the nerve of some of these scammers. I wasnt aware until i googled this persons email addy that there are soo many scams happening to people.
I have an advert on Gumtree to sell my car, all the details and price is on there. I recieved an email from [email protected] asking me if the item was still available and the price, i got back to them and advised them yes and the price. I was suspicious when they messaged me back offering well over the asking price and advising that they would pay now via paypal, and that I should log into my account and request it from them. they gave me a very long email about their job and who and why they were buying the car.because I was weary i emailed them back trying to get more details (their location and why didnt they want to view the car)- they never got back to me- instead i recieve an email from Gumtree telling me that MY AD has been flagged for fraud!! im disgusted that I am being made into the villian when clearly the suposedly "interested buyer" is clearly the suspicious one! i would rather take my ad off here then re-confirm or re-post anything on Gumtree if this is what I will be subjected to. I have emailed Gumtree but from the looks of everyones comments I doubt i'll be hearing from them or anything done about it. SO BEWARE IF YOU RECIEVE AN EMAIL FROM AN INTERESTED BUYER WITH THE EMAIL ADDY [email protected]
#48683 by GomerPyle Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 pm
Amazingly scammers do consider that if you don't pay them money or send them your goods - you're the scammer. It's hard for normal people to understand how their minds work.

Craigslist and Gumtree have so many scammers operating on their sites they ought to be cautious in allowing scammers to drive off genuine people, otherwise there'll only be scammers left operating there.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#49626 by fulviacorsa Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:15 am
Hi guys
This is what I receive today. Sims to be the same fraud mail like above. Fortunately it's a weekend so I had time to do a research on the net and to see your forum.

"Hello ************,

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of € 24,000.00 from Lora Collins ([email protected]) via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.
Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.
View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below
Payment Details
Merchandise Amount: € 23,000.00
Transport Charges:
Taxes and Insurance:
Total:
€ 1,000.00
-------

€ 24,000.00
Transaction: 4WR6072127779652U
Quantity: 1
Merchandise Title: Auto Purchased

Transport Company: " ASPED EXPRESS "
Address: Name : Joan Springer
Address : 2270 Markham Road
City : Washington,
State : DC
Zipcode : 20020,

Address Status: Confirmed https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... ed_address

NOTE: This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by the Sender and been deducted from his Account which is ready to be credited into your account, been that this Payment has been subjected to be a Payment for an MERCHANDISE purchased from you, we reserve the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secured also to verify the legitimacy level on this transaction because of the high sum of funds involved.

The above sum has Included the transport charges and taxes as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer (as per PayPal MERCHANDISE PAYMENT POLICY). You will receive a Message from the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company with the above details as soon as possible.

You may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.
Sincerely,

The PayPal Team. "

I assume that is a scam :lol: :lol:
#49669 by fulviacorsa Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:30 am
This is the reply to my question to Mr.Williams after I receive the previews email and asking for comfirmation

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for writing us about this transaction (4WR6072127779652U), We have been expecting to read from you, This is to confirm to you payment sent from Lora Collins ([email protected]) via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service amount (€ 24,000.00 EUR) is genuine and we want you to go ahead and complete the transaction by sending us the scanned western union receipt as soon as you are done with it, We assure you that your full payment of € 24,000.00 EUR will be credited to your account immediately we confirm the payment from you.

Feel free to write us if you have any other question.

This is done for the protection of both the seller and buyer from the ongoing internet fraud activities.

Thanks for using PayPal Online Payment !!.

A. Williams,
PayPal Help Team.

It's so real
#49694 by fulviacorsa Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:58 pm
Thats the new email I receive. They are try to scare me or something ??

PayPal
Your account will be suspended in 48hours!
Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provideyour password to fraudulent websites.

To access the PayPal website or your account safely andsecurely, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in thePayPal URL (https://www.paypal.com/my/) to be sure you are on the realPayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

Dear Customer,

It has come to our understanding that you have no intention of transferring the Funds for verification of the transaction between you and Lora Collins.

PayPal heartily advise you to complete the transaction within the next 48hours, as failure to do so will result to the limiting of your account access and Legal Action(s) against you personally, as we have already retrieved all your personal details from our database and we are ready to take appropriate Legal Action(s) against you. We have informed the FBI and Interpol for the violating PayPal's instructions and users agreement in act of the 1999 Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.

You are expected to respond to this dispute before the next 48hours with the required Western Union Details for proper verification.

Thank you for using PayPal
PayPal makes it easy to send/receive money for your auctions.

VisaMasterCard American Express Switch and MaestroVisa Delta Visa Electron

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team.

Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, PayPal® will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.
Copyright 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (United Kingdom) S.?r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Soci??en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349