Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#5582 by Naz Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:31 am
I submitted a loan app to lendingtree.com and 2 days later was contacted by David Baxter (x592) telling me he got my info from them and was approved for the $5000 debt consol loan I was requesting. He said due to my prior credit issues, the lender "Michelle Neely" was requesting that I pay the 1st 6 months of payments down ($910.00) to "secure" the loan. I sent it via Moneygram to Michelle Neely in Saint John, NB Canada. The day the loan was to be dep into my acct, I was called by Stanley Denton (x0) and said that the lender had reassesed my loan and reqested another 6 months security. I sent the money. Again, the day it was to be deposited I was contacted by Richard Blake (x173) and he told me the lender backed out completely, but if I sent another $1800 he could get me approved for a $10k loan. I told him he was a dirty scumbag and requested a refund of my money. He told me I couldnt get a refund until their next billing cycle which is 11/24. I knew then I was scammed. Ive contacted every govornment official and every scam or business website possible in the US and Canada. These people have a copy of my drivers licence and my bank account info. Its probably going to be MY name now that people have to send the money to in Canada. They probably using my ID right now.
Advertisement

#5584 by Dan Jones Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 pm
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that you got stung. Sly devils ain't they?

I'm glad to see you have taken some positive action and actually reported it. Many don't, which is a shame as the more reports, the more likely action will be taken in one form or the other.

Now a few questions for you. What did the person on the phone sound like? Was it Canadian, West African, Russian, or something else?

Do you have any email correspondence? If you do, we might be able to narrow down the location of the scammer. If you post the full headers here (delete your details from them, your email address will probably be in there twice) we can usually work out the country and city of origin.
Whilst it's not unheard of for scammers to operate out of Canada, it is rare. The payment could have been picked up from anywhere in the world. If it was picked up by Michelle Neely, then she might be an unwitting accomplice (another victim).

Thank you for posting this info, it is now google-able and will help stop anyone else falling for this scam.

I really am sorry to hear you got scammed like this, unfortunately the money is gone. If someone contacts you saying they can get it back (even if it is an "official" body), they are liars. Also, if anyone sends you a cheque in regard to this loan, do not cash it. It will be fake and will eventually bounce, costing you more money. Lots more if you have sent some back to him for more fees/refund.

#5591 by Naz Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:17 pm
They had no accent at all. I know I cant ever get my money back, but Im not going to stop my hunt until there is justice served. I just want everyone everywhere to know what scumbags these people are. They may have gotten me, but I am working hard to make sure no one else gets hit. I received a call from Consumer Affairs last night and they want to publish my story about this mess. Ive jointed so many forums and am working with many government officals throughout the country and Canada to help bring these rat-bastards down. I wont stop until it happens. If it werent for the love and support of my family I would be homeless right now. They paid my rent and gave me $$ to hold me over till pay day. These "people" almost cost me everything I had. They WILL be caught and I will be there, no matter where they go, to look them in their eyes and tell them I kept my promise that I wouldnt stop till they were caught. Its a long shot, but worth it. :evil:

#5592 by Ralph Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:45 pm
Hi Naz,

Welcoem to Scamwarners

Sorry to hear that you have been a victim of online fraud, if it is justice you want, post the email address, phone number and any other details you recieved from them, it will serve as a warning to others and may prevent a search savvy victim from being scammed.

While you are at it, tell your friends and family, public education is our best defence against online fraud

#5596 by Naz Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:43 am
Their number is in the headline and all their ext are in the first message. I have people calling them left and right. Feel free to join in! LOL :lol:

#5600 by full auto Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Naz, you have a PM, welcome to the fight. I believe I may have already talked to you about this group but just covering my bases here.

@ All the scamwarners: This group does deal with identity theft as well as advanced fee scams if you are going for victims support here. Cover your rear here. More coming after this brief commercial interruption on my end. Until then may I suggest a hands off on messing with this group?

Should any victims see this post please put up your detailed account here.

Edit to post above, commercial break is over on this end...

This group is large and organized. As such I'm going to have to ask for a hands off status here on anything other than warning other potential vics or supporting those who have had their money and identification stolen. If anyone needs details please PM me here at SW. Should any other vics poke their head in the door please put them my direction. Again, any questions, shoot me a PM.

"Art is resistence." Trent Reznor's Year Zero

#5605 by Ralph Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:43 am
Thank you for the update :wink:
#5616 by mrs_d Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 pm
I applied for a loan for $6,000 to help with some home improvement projects that my husband and I have. A lady named Patricia Green (x629) contacted me and told me my loan was approved, but that I would have to send a $1320.00 collateral first. I thought that was a little strange but I didn't know any better. There were other red flags as well, like the fact that they did not pull up my credit report and that whenever they would call, an unavailable number would come up. She told me that I need to send the money to Helen Brodd in NB Canada. So I did that last night. Much to my dismay, I didn't think about checking this site before doing as they asked. This morning, while at work, I did. Thank God they didn't cash the money yet from Money Gram. I was able to put a stop to the money transfer and get my cash back. I am debating whether I should call "Miss Green" and tell her I am onto her, now that my money is safely in my hands. Now I have to deal with the inconvenience of changing my checking account number (because they have it!). Not too concerned about my driver's license though because I will be changing that soon. Still, thank God I checked this site. Thank you guys!!!
#5620 by Peta Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Hi mrs_d. That is fantastic news! You have been very fortunate not to lose that money. This is why it is so important to do a little research about these not-quite-right loan deals. We would recommend that you cease all communications with the scammers. Yes it would feel very satisfying to give them an earful but it would be safer to simply stop talking to them all altogether. You will probably be targetted again but if you can spot the warning signs then you're well ahead in keeping yourself protected.

Thanks too, to the original poster. There may be many more people who are saved from financial loss due to the information that you have provided.

#5623 by mrs_d Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:30 am
Thanks peta. I am so relieved now. My only concern now is that they have my account numbers and a copy of my driver's license...

#5625 by Naz Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:37 pm
full auto wrote:Naz, you have a PM, welcome to the fight. I believe I may have already talked to you about this group but just covering my bases here.

@ All the scamwarners: This group does deal with identity theft as well as advanced fee scams if you are going for victims support here. Cover your rear here. More coming after this brief commercial interruption on my end. Until then may I suggest a hands off on messing with this group?

Should any victims see this post please put up your detailed account here.

Edit to post above, commercial break is over on this end...

This group is large and organized. As such I'm going to have to ask for a hands off status here on anything other than warning other potential vics or supporting those who have had their money and identification stolen. If anyone needs details please PM me here at SW. Should any other vics poke their head in the door please put them my direction. Again, any questions, shoot me a PM.

I understand what you're saying. Its just so hard to sit back and know that they took so much from so many people. People have lost their homes. I was almost one of them. I guess Im just aggrivated because Im good hearted and couldnt imagine someone not feeling any guilt for the pain and suffering they have caused so many people. How do they sleep at night?? :evil:

#5626 by Holly Brown Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:16 pm
Naz, unfortunately they sleep very well because (a) they have no conscience, and (b) they do not see what they are doing as wrong. They look at it as a job - get the money from the rich foolish benefactors (yes, that's how they see their victims). Many scammers even go to church regularly and pray for more benefactors.
#5629 by BREENA2008 Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:00 pm
Hi everyone,

I've been scammed by the same company!!!!

I've been dealing with these people for the last week, and they got me good.

First, I spoke with Adam White ext 0.

He called me back and stated that the lending company backed out of the deal, but if I sent another $ 900, they would be able to help me. They have a total of $2950.32 and I still don't have a loan, I feel like a total fool. This is ridiculous.

I don't know what to do. I borrowed money from everyone, and now I can't pay them back and I got evicted, what a dummy?
Now, what am i supposed to do. Be on the lookout for these SCAMMERS!!!!!

mod edit: removed name -Jillian

#5630 by full auto Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:40 pm
@ Naz, Mrs_D, and BREENA2008:
I am sorry to hear that many of you have been scammed by this gang. These scammers are very organized and unfortunately very good at what they do.

You all have a private message from me. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. As suggested above, please discontinue communication with this lot as it may hamper other things.

The following is for current as well as future victims that poke their head through the door. If you have sent these scammers your social security number, a scan of your drivers license, or any banking information please read the following:

Go to your bank ASAP and let your banker know what happened to start making security measures You do not want these scammers in possession of your legitimate banking information. If you sent them any identification, please read the following (see point 4 in the "offline section"):

http://www.fraudaid.org/ID_theft.htm
Last edited by full auto on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Art is resistence." Trent Reznor's Year Zero
#5631 by jenniferbeard Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:09 pm
I have sent them $1,640.00 to Canada as well, surprise uh? Today they called and said that if I send them another $1,640 then I will qualify for a guaranteed $10,000 loan. I am in a bad situation because of this as well.
I should have been smarter and checked them out. I am so upset and don't know what I am going to do at this point.