If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#57631 by Hatatatat Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 am
I looked up "Jonesss Wilfredd" on Google after I got the response to an email request I sent for more information about the suite posted on CR below. The response had several contradictions in it and was way off base from the post I'd made to Craigslist.
I found a post from scamwarners.com for Jones Wilfred [email protected]
Sent: February 4, 2011 with pretty much the same language and approach.

SO BEWARE: Jonesss Wilfredd [email protected] = Jones Wilfred [email protected] = SCAMMER

CRAIGSLIST VANCOUVER -POSTING June 29th 2011:
$1000 / 2br - Primo Commercial Drive (1186 Victoria)
Date: 2011-06-29, 5:43PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected]
2 bedrooms with large bright balcony steps to Commercial Drive. Small 6 unit apartment bldg in desirable neighbourhood. Rent includes heat, hot water & cable.
PostingID: 2469869727

|
Jonesss Wilfredd [email protected] to me
show details 00:22 (1 hour ago)

Hello,
Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Rev Wilfred Jones.Am the owner of the flat you are making inquiry of.Actually I resided in the flat with my family,such as my wife and my only son before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now my wife is presently in Newcastle,United Kingdom and presently my flat is still available for rent,the rent including the utilities like hydro,washer and security,More so i went for a Crusade in the West Africa and i will like you to get in touch with my wife asap for more discussion as She is with the keys and the document to the flat.Please i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this flat and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i coming for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word..Email my wife Kristina on, ([email protected]) and she will attends to you better.
Thanks and God bless you.
Rev. Wilfred.

Rental Scammer - Jones Wilfred [email protected]

Postby Quirked Eyebrow on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 am
Sent: February 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your interest in my apartment,i got your mail in regards to my apartment for rent,and i want you to know that am not given my apartment for rent just because of money reason, but it was due to my transfer to west Africa.Am an X-RAY welder under ship building,I have been working with nasco ship building here in country,you can view the site at http://WWW.NASCO..COM But have just been transfered to Niger dock Nigeria plc,you can also view site at http://WWW.NIGERDOCK.COM. I left country with hope that i will be coming back in a month's time,but right now the company have ask me to stay for 2yrs under contract with them,that is why i have made up my mind to put up my apartment for rent ,but i will like you to keep the apartment for me well okay just like yours.ok and i want to let you know that the And i want you to know that am giving this apartment for rent base on trust and due to the way i read your email to my apartment,Hope you have a nice working day In fact i will like to meet you when coming to visit you. Also,Pls let me get this answer.

*******RENT APPLICATION******

(Private & Confidential)

Also,Please let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
2)Present Full Address(where you reside now) & Phone Number to Reach You
3)Age
4)Are you married?
5)Sex?
6)How many people will be living in the house?
7)Do you have a pet?
8)Do you have a car?
9)Occupation?
10) Citizen of which Country?
11) When are you ready to Move In ?
12) When are you planning to leave the flat ?
13) How many months rent can you deposit and the security deposit?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you,and dog is allowed ,Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust thanks and God Bless you.

Originating IP address 41.155.9.243
Originating hostname dial-pool10.lg.starcomms.net
Originating ISP (Provider) Starcomms Limited
Originating Country Nigeria
Originating City Lagos
Advertisement