If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#9787 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 3:28 pm
this is the emails i got from him
Flag this message
single mother cant wait to watch your lil ones
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:09 AM
This sender is DomainKeys verified
"Mark Fish" <[email protected]>
View contact details
To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
I am Mr Mark by name and i worked with a statistical firm in UK ,i was selected to supervise groups of enumerators in a research work within your location which are to be carried out in a month(June 10 to July 13),i got a 2 years old kid that just lost her mum recently which i am bringing with me,i will not want her to disturb my duties and i will also like to take care of her so i want to leave her your care as i will pay you well for this,i came across your add at craiglist as an experience caregiver of infant when i was thinking of a possible option and i made up my mind to offer you the baby sitting job,my job will make me leave my hotel at 9am in the morning and i will not be back until 5pm in the evening,precisely 8hrs daily.I would want to solely secure you for this time frame and would want to know how much it would cost me.Money is not a problem as I would want all condition conducive for both you and my KID while she is in your care because her mum is no more. My KID is just 2yrs in age,lover of computer games,never allergic and free eater.I would be sending you her picture as soon as I get a reply from you indicating your readiness to care for her everyday before I return.I hereby anticipate your reply indicating your availability throughout these times and the total cost of caring for her to my private email: [email protected]

Thanks with love.
Mark
+44-7024042816

Mod edit: Removed member's email address -Jillian
Advertisement

#9789 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 3:33 pm
Thank you for posting this information. It will alert and save others from falling for this scam.

Well Done :=)
Last edited by The Enchantress on Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#9791 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 3:36 pm
Yes please if you will. No personal details. I will make a full investigation.

Thank You again.

#9792 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 3:42 pm
here is the second email

Message contains attachments
Mark1.jpg (3KB), Daughter.jpg (3KB)
Dear ,
I appreciate your speedy response regards my message and your charges will be $500 for the whole duration,Brittany will be staying with you just between 9 am that i will leave my hotel and 5 pm when i returns, that is precisely 8hrs daily for a month,her name is Brittany and she is less than 2yrs she is adorable,free eater and never allergic!As i would like her to be comfortable i will include the payment for their Toys,Car seats,Strollers and baby meals which will be ordered.I will make an early payment to you so all should be perfect prior to my arrival on the 10th of June Kindly send the following details to get your paycheck processed and also forward the details to the store that will be dispatching the kids items. Attach to file is me and my girl pics.
---------Name:
---------Address:
---------City:
---------State:
---------Zip code:
---------Phone: Home and cell:
---------Present
---------Present occupation:
---------Number of years as a babysitter:
---------Number of available reference:
---------Email

I would anticipate your response.
Thanks for your anticipated service
#9793 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 3:45 pm
Reposting advice from other thread here;

What to do;

Cease all communications with the scammer immediately. Delete any emails unopened and hang up if the scammer calls you.

Report the scam to your local police and to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre here if you are in the US. There is not much chance that the scammer will be caught, as he is probably overseas and certainly using false details. However, the more scams are reported, the more the authorities can tell how widespread it is, and the greater the effort that goes into stopping it.

If you have given the scammer your bank account, credit card or other financial details, tell your bank, card company or other provider immediately, and ask them to change your accounts and card numbers.

Do not accept any deliveries that are from the scammer or that you are not expecting. If you receive a check or something similar (such as a money order) take it to your bank or local police and tell them you think it is fake.

Do not panic. Whilst scammers are criminals and some of them are dangerous, the risks are negligible if you simply stop communicating with them. If you are in any doubt about your safety, report your concerns to your local police, who will be able to advise you.

At Scamwarners we are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have. Please post as much information about this scam as possible, not your personal details though.

A Support Team member will respond ASAP.

#9795 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 3:46 pm
he even sent me a pic of him and his so called daughter can you believe it? here is the next email

BRAVO!!! After thorough review of your experience and skills I have solely selected you for the services of babysitting my only child. I would want my Child and yourself under a very conducive environment while you care for him very well, hence I am putting in some measures to this effect.Kindly be informed that you would be in receipt of the payment for your services very soon but i will keep you updated.Also,note that I will include in the payment the money for my only Child items,Toys,Car seat,Strollers and other sundry materials for their comfort. Hence,all you need do upon the receipt of the payment is deduct the money accrued to you(i.e payment for your services)and forward the rest to the store agent who would be supplying you with my only child materials via an Overnight Courier like Fedex, UPS or DHL. I would provide you with the store manager's details so as to have the money sent for the immediate release of my child items before my arrival.I hope all is clear as I anticipate the best care ever for my only child hope you know why she so important to me. I will be providing all comfort for you and my child so as to make her feel at home even while I am away and i will like to let you know that all the baby items that will be deliver to you all we be yours once the inspection i came for is completed i will not go with it when am leaving .

Am really counting on you, Mail me back now...Kindly Attach your picture....
Thanks,
Mark
#9797 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm
this is the email i got today after recieving the check

How are you doing today, Information reaching me now from FedEx has it that you are in receipt of the paycheck.It was delivered precisely 09:25 AM your time this morning with tracking number (797601430009),the 19th May, 2009 make sure you get things done as agreed. I want you to be a person of your word, Here is what you would do now,take the check to your bank and have it deposited into your account and make cash withdrawal of the remaining funds for my kid items immediately.

1. Deduct the amount for your services of babysitting my kid while you send the rest of the funds to the store agent who would be supplying you with my kid items tomorrow evening via Overnight courier

2.Proceed to a nearby Western union outlet with the remaining funds for the store manager and have it sent Western union to the store with the below information:

Here is the breakdown of the money you will be taking out

4 weeks Pay = $500
Gas money = $100
TOTAL AMOUNT TO DEDUCT = $600

Here is the information to send the remaining money via Western union Money Transfer after deducting $600

Name: YOUNG WELLS

Address: 204 N. Ector Drive.

City: Euless

State: TX

Zip code: 76039-3542

As soon as the wire transfer is made,get back immediately with the wire transfer information viz-a-viz:The total amount sent after deducting the Western union charges from the "store funds" with you and The Western union money transfer confirmation number (MTCN).I will forward these details to the store who would release the baby items immediately to you via overnight courier service today.

Thanks for your anticipated Service,
Mark
#9798 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 3:52 pm
These scammers are despicable and use stolen photos of children to gain confidence of potential victims.

Have you read the advice and understand what to do now?

Do you have any other concerns and worries?

#9799 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 3:55 pm
well my only concerns are that he has my name and address, as i said i got a very large check via fedex this morning and i found it strange that it has another mans name and address on it. i checked out the bank the check is from i am going to call them this evening and find out what i can.
#9800 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 3:57 pm
The scammer may well send other cheques. Take these to the bank or police and tell them they are fake.

The scammer will soon leave you allone when they realise you are not sending them money.

The scammers phone number +44 702 xxxx is a 'follow me' number which if called will reconnect you with another cell phone elsewhere. It is set up using a UK company hence the +44.

West African scammers use this tactic to appear to be in/from the UK.

If you are in any doubt about your safety, report your concerns to your local police, who will be able to advise you.

#9801 by sexy_momma0682 Tue May 19, 2009 4:05 pm
thank you so much for your help im so glad i caught this before i cashed the check. it looks so real and has all the authentic stuff on it.
#9802 by The Enchantress Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm
You are very welcome - please call in if you have any further concerns. Wish you all the best <hugs>

Further details about cheque fraud and conterfeit money orders.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22

#9804 by GomerPyle Tue May 19, 2009 4:19 pm
---------Name:
---------Address:
---------City:
---------State:
---------Zip code:
---------Phone: Home and cell:
---------Present
---------Present occupation:
---------Number of years as a babysitter:
---------Number of available reference:
---------Email

That's a thorough questioning about your suitability as a babysitter. :laugh-s:

I bet you're reassured you managed to get through that in-depth investigation.

In my other life as a baiter of scammers I'd reply that I run a crack factory from home and have an arsenal of weapons to look after the child, pointing out that my account has large sums of cash going through it, but would have no trouble handling a cheque. Guess what ? - I bet I'd get the job too.

It's upsetting when you're looking for a job, it's annoying when you get the mail and aren't interested and it's devastating when you lose money. That's why I spend my time annoying the hell out of these people.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer