If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#81465 by Bubbles Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm
It is good to hear you frustrated him. All scammers want is money. They do not want a relationship, they only want to see if you are a willing victim to send them money.

It is great that you didn't fall for the "in love" ploy.

Learn how to post photos http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Click here to find headers: http://www.ip-adress.com/faq/view_email_header/
Use this site to track IPs http://www.iptrackeronline.com/index.php

saynotoscams @ gmail.com

#82590 by ningaloo Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm
I got contacted by Sgt Wayne Ebert who says he is stationed in Kuwait on a peace mission, i believe him at first but got the feeling that there was something wrong, so i found the header of the email he sent me and it came from Ghana. He hasnt asked for money yet but his daughter did, thats when i started to get suspicious, 5 days after we started chatting you are asking me for money for book and clothes, im not that stupid. wayne_ebert@yahoo.com is in for a ride, i still chat with him but now im asking him questions to see how he asnwers and how far he will go, I will have some fun now then delete him from my contacts. Lovesickened i got the same words in the chat as you did by email, this guys are unbielivable. If its for real how come he doesnt come up in any search, theres no record of wayne ebert anywhere in the web, and he still thinking im falling for him,lol
I will try to submit pics of him, maybe somebody here already knows him by another name, after i fugure out how to do it, is my first day here after a 3 days haunt to make sure he was scammer.
got my answer.
Sorry lovesickened that you felt for it, at least from now you will be more careful next time around, always check the net and look for answers, the best way to be sure who is sending you emails is by checking the header, there you will know from where it comes from, thats what open my eyes.
#82649 by Bubbles Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 am
Welcome to ScamWarners , you have given some good advice above.

We do NOT encourage people to stay in contact with someone they have identified to be a scammer. The reason for this is often the person has given personal information to the scammer thinking they are dealing with an honest and real person.

Scammers have been known to work hard to make a victim's life difficult, especially if you have "messes with them". If you want to learn how to do this safely please visit our sister site www.419eater.com .

Learn how to post photos http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Click here to find headers: http://www.ip-adress.com/faq/view_email_header/
Use this site to track IPs http://www.iptrackeronline.com/index.php

saynotoscams @ gmail.com
#82770 by ningaloo Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm
Bubbles i did my homework, before keeping contact with him, even if he is not a scammer i will never give out personal info about myself to anyone, i know some people do and that's very wrong, unless you truly trust that person and have seeing him/her in person then you should make the decision whether to tell him/her or not. he thought i was stupid enough to trust someone that i haven't even met and wouldn't met for 4 moth, that's when he is supposed to come back to the US. Today I put a stop to it as my time is very valuable, so I told him he was a scammer needless to say he was very offended and trying to gain my trust again but it didn't work. A rule of thumb to follow is nobody falls in love in 3-4-5 days, if its too good to be true probably is not, never trust someone you cant meet and never, never trust someone that will ask you for money, nowadays you can get money from any where in the world if you had an accident, got stolen or anything. Sgt Wayne Ebert is also Sgt John Albert on netblog i believe is the web site name, same picture different profile.
#82833 by began steele Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:13 am
Here you have the classic scammer tale of "peace keeping", this time in Kuwait. It is out of touch with reality in a country with no conflict ongoing. Forces in Kuwait are not peace keeping anything.
“The mission of Kuwait at the beginning, it was a staging area, a [reception, staging, onward movement and integration] station,” the official said. “Now it’s a platform, a final destination, so to speak, for contingency forces that can be used in the [Central Command] theater.”
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25518&p=82759#p82759

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
George Orwell.
#104174 by dollphinn37 Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 am
Hello I also was scammed by the so called Sgt Alex Lawson but he didn't use that name. He used the name Sgt. Ted Lewis. He messaged me from the website plenty of fish.com though not speed dating. We talked for 3 days and he also told me his parents were British and American, he said they were both dead and he had inherited alot of money from their deaths. He had a daughter named Jane that was being cared for while he was in the Military till next July because her mother left 3 years ago after he caught her cheating with his best friend. He told me he had a 5 story house in Lake City FL.

On the 3rd day he explained he was approved for leave but I would have to contact his commander and ask for the leave for him. I did that and got a return email stating that I would have to pay for his travel. To complete a form.

He is using the email and yahoo name Ted Lewis <stgtedlewiss@yahoo.com>;.

He sent me the same pictures he sent using Alex Lawson,, when he asked me for money red flags went up. So please be aware that he is now on plenty of fish.com.
#138168 by dingdong2387 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:04 am
Hey, I just got off msn messenger with the same person. Only I was smart enough to google his name before I allowed him to get into my head. I am always skeptical about online dating. He hit me up on match.com. Claiming that his wife died 6 years ago from breast cancer, his son passed away from a hole in his heart. And he has one daughter who is staying with his retired collegues wife in Ghana. He said he was going to come in Feburary on break and that he is going to retire in June and come see me in Canada. He was instantly in love with me. Kept preaching about love, I even said you sound too good to be true and he kept preaching on and on about love. He sent me a few pictures of himself which matched the pictures in group. After I googled him and came upon this website I instantly told him that he is a scammer and it's sad that a person would do something like this. He then said please don't I am not a scammer, and for me to give him a few mins so he can take this up with his commander. He always this omg i can't believe this this is why my daughter told me not to go on online dating.

BLOCKED AND DELETED!!!!! So glad for this website!
#138363 by began steele Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm
Ding Dong.You know where to come in future when you need answers so don't be afraid to check up or ask us .

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
George Orwell.
#164963 by Kac1970 Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 pm
I was approached by this same man he is goin by John Elbert..he hasn't asked for money yet but I have been playing along with him I knew something wasn't right!
#164967 by Bryon Williams Thu May 09, 2013 9:42 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Kac1970.

It is best just to ignore him and not to play with him. You have all his fake information and he has some of your real information.

Please post the email address he is using with this new name.

Bryon

bryonwilliams. sw @ gmail. com
Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Find email headers: http://www.abika.com/Reports/Samples/em ... rguide.htm
How to post photos: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
#164969 by Kac1970 Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm
He has a Facebook ebert Wayne, ebert John, and John ebert.. He changes his fb to a new one when he starts talkin to u.. He gave an address of 2666 Prescott cir e, Colorado springs, he is using email John.ebert564.@yahoo, John.ebert.940@yahoo, Johnebert72@yahoo
#164970 by Bryon Williams Thu May 09, 2013 10:02 pm
Thank you so much. I will make the addresses searchable with the .com . You will certainly help others avoid being scammed by him when they search his email address.

John.ebert564@yahoo.com
John.ebert564.@yahoo.com
John.ebert.940@yahoo.com
Johnebert72@yahoo.com

bryonwilliams. sw @ gmail. com
Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Find email headers: http://www.abika.com/Reports/Samples/em ... rguide.htm
How to post photos: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219