If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#90875 by budmorrison Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am
Last week I received an email from [email protected]. It was in my spam folder so I should have been suspicious. The email explained a job as a Mystery Shopper. I answered the basic application info & was given 2 stores to visit. They sent 2 postal money orders for $990.36 each. I took the to my bank to see if they were real. They were unable to process thema and referred me to the Post Office. I took them to the local Post Office and was told that they were fake money orders. The instructions were to cash the money orders, make a purchase, deduct for time and transportation costs, and wire the balance to the Phillipines. I gve the Postal Inspector the originals and filed a claim. I also contacted the FBI and await their reply.
Advertisement

#90938 by Dotti Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm
Welcome budmorrison,

I'm glad you caught on to this scam quickly.

The email didn't actually come from [email protected] - the scammer forged the header to make it look like it did--that's actually pretty easy to do. There should have been another address in the reply to field, or in the body of the email--or when you actually click "reply" to the message, a different email address should come up. If you could post that email address, and the contents of the emails themselves, it would help even more people to avoid falling for these scams.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.