Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#13029 by Blondie Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:50 pm
Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know,I too have received this email about a position with the Coca Cola Bottling company. I didn't feel it was very "LEGIT" so I decided to handle it alittle differently than just ignore the person. I happen to live within 10 miles from one of their processing plants,and wouldn't you know my car just "HAPPEN" to pull into that plant yesterday and that email just "HAPPEN" to have fallen right into the hands of the President of Operations....Dare,that paper... :lol: :D :shock:

Now who says real blondes can't use there brains... :laugh-s: :=)
Advertisement

#14034 by Ohburahn Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 pm
I just got this one!!! here it is
(My Name) *** Legit Online Recruitment Proposal. *** From Coca - Cola Bottling Company.?
From: Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}. ([email protected])
Sent: Tue 9/15/09 8:32 PM
To:
To:

***Coca - Cola Bottling Company Career Entry Letter & Form.***

Dear (my Name again),

This is to inform you that after critical and proper review of your new contact email address, we are please to inform you that you have met the requirements needed for the post of Payment Officer / Book Keeper with The Coca - Cola Company. Furthermore, Your duties as the Payment Officer / Book Keeper is to collect payments from our numerous customers within your region,process the payments,deduct 15% of the amount issued to you as your personal bonus and you transfer the rest of the funds to our main account officer whose information will be provided to you in due time. This Job position is Temporary and does not require a specific work time frame. All payments will be mailed directly to you via your mailing/contact address. This position became necessary when lots of payments is being received from various customers from different regions /states within the United States, Canada and United Kingdom per day and it became very tedious to process and sort, as a result of this, the search for representatives to sort / process payments on behalf of the company became highly necessary.

(my Name again) Your Tasks Are:
1.Receive payment from Customers. 2.Cash Payments at your Bank.. 3.Deduct 10% which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed 4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment through (Western Union Money Transfer). Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed at your bank or other Cashing Services. Deduct your commission and froward the balance to the company.

These are legitimate transactions between our customers & our company representatives over the years & there is no legal risk as these are payments for large orders already bought & delivered. Upon good conduct, you are eligible to be a permanent staff of The company.

If you are interested in this Job Career, Please do forward the following information written in (BOLD) letter as soon as possible:?

Requirements Needed:
Full Name:
Full Contact/Mailing Address(NO P.O.BOX)
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Age / Date of Birth:
Sex:

Thank you very much and we anticipate your working with The Coca - Cola Bottling Company.

Sincerely,

Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Headquarters
1 Coca-Cola Plaza
Atlanta, GA 30313-2499

hmm.. I guess these people arent all that smart are they... most of the information they should have already!! I am a coke rewards person!!! and a previous coke employee!!
#15353 by MrJim Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:03 pm
Very SPOOKY scam here.

I also got an e-mail that bears this resemblance, complete with my FULL NAME and CONTACT ADDRESS! :shock:

****ADDRESS, ETC WAS HERE****

***Coca-Cola® Bottling Company Career Entry Notification.***

Dear ******************,
Good day and how are you?. I had sent an eairlier mail to you on this matter without a reply, Please is this ********** with the contact address ***********************
Am Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager},i work in the management department at Coca-Cola®.
I will like to discuss about Online Recruitment Proposal.This is to inform you that after critical and proper review of your new contact email address, we are please to inform you that you have met the requirements needed for the post of Payment Officer / Book Keeper with the Company Coca-Cola®. Furthermore,If you are highly interested in this Job Career, Kindly get back to me for further Our Terms of Service of the job.

Thank you very much and we anticipate your working with The Coca - Cola Bottling Company.

Sincerely,

Coca-Cola® Bottling Company

I'm certainly glad there is info out about it. I suspected with all the typos, bad grammar, etc. It couldn't possibly be the work of a "Personnel Manager". It's scary knowing that someone out there has all this information about me and was able to send it to my e-mail address. Does anyone know what triggered this one?
#15354 by Jillian Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:08 pm
Hi MrJim and welcome to ScamWarners. :D While I'm sure it was a bit unnerving to have this specifically addressed to you, you needn't be too spooked by it. I have seen this before. Most likely your information is online somewhere and a clever scammer has used it for his mailings. To try to find the source of this, do some searches of your name and address in Google and see what you can find.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#16583 by brandywine Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:16 pm
Have never applied to them for anything...........figured I would check here first. Same scam but different name of the lady at the bottom.
> ***Coca-Cola Bottling Company Career Entry Letter & Form.***
>
>
>
>
> Dear ..................>
> This is to inform you that after critical and proper review of your new contact email address, we are please to inform you that you have met the requirements needed for the post of Payment Officer / Book Keeper with The Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Furthermore, Your duties as the Payment Officer / Book Keeper is to collect payments from our numerous customers within your region,process the payments,deduct 10% of the amount issued to you as your personal bonus and you transfer the rest of the funds to our main account officer whose information will be provided to you in due time. This Job position is Temporary and does not require a specific work time frame. All payments will be mailed directly to you via your mailing/contact address. This position became necessary when lots of payments is being received from various customers from different regions /states within the United States, Canada and United Kingdom per day and it became very tedious to process and sort, as a result of this, the search for representatives to sort / process payments on behalf of the company became highly necessary.
>
> Your tasks are:
>
> 1. Receive payment from Customers.
> 2. Cash Payments at your Bank.
> 3. Deduct 10% which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed .
> 4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment through (Western Union Money Transfer).
>
> Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed at your bank or other Cashing Services. Deduct your commission and froward the balance to the company.
>
> These are legitimate transactions between our customers & our company representatives over the years & there is no legal risk as these are payments for large orders already bought & delivered. Upon good conduct, you are eligible to be a permanent staff of The company.
>
> If you are interested in this Job Career, Please do forward the following information written in (BOLD) letter as soon as possible:…
>
> Requirements Needed:
> Full Name:
> Address:
> CITY:
> STATE:
> ZIP CODE:
> Phone Number:
> Age / Date of Birth:
> Sex:
> Present Job (If Any):
> Marital Status:
> Email Address:
>
> Thank you very much and we anticipate your working with The Coca-Cola Bottling Company.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mrs Ashley Alexander {Personnel Manager}.
> Coca-Cola Bottling Company Headquarters
> 1 Coca-Cola Plaza
> Atlanta, GA 30313-2499
> http://www.coca-cola.com
#16587 by Arnold Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm
Hi and welcome to Scamwarners.
This Job position is Temporary

That at least is true. The job ends when the check is found to be fake, or you get arrested. Or both.

#16590 by Ralph Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:50 pm
Hi Brandywine

Welcome to Scamwarners.

Could you please provide the email address thie email came from, it was obviously not a coca cola email domain.
#18249 by msolo0234 Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 pm
I have received quite a few of these emails and I called the Coca Cola plant by me and they said that there was no Rita Peterson that worked there. Then today I received 2 of this email:

Coca-Cola® Urgent Notice***** Kindly Confirm And Report Back To Me Asap.Friday, December 4, 2009 1:50 PM
From: "Mrs Rita Peterson{Personnel Manager}." <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: Removed Dear Removed email address- Ralph presentative,

How are you doing today? I am sorry for the delay of payment but happy to inform you that the awaited payment has been delivered to you by Today..

The package contains 2 pieces of Money Order of the amount $945.00 each.. Do note that this first payment was made small in order to be sure of your honesty and diligence to work as over the past years we have had cases of representatives eloping with our funds. Be rest assured that upon completion of this first transaction Today, payments not less than $6,200 delivered to you and such payments will be received four times in a week by you upon daily completion of each transactions.

Upon receipt of the payment, you are to take it to your bank to be cashed. After the money is received, deduct your 10% commission from the total fund cashed and proceed to the nearest western union agent location close to you and have the rest balance sent to our regional accounting manager using the Payee information below.

Name: Eva Wilson
Address: 8 Chester Court, Albany Street,
City: London
Postal Code: NW1 4BU

Please feel free to deduct the Western Union charges from the balance and kindly provide me with the necessary transfer details for each transaction.

NOTE *** YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THE WESTERN UNION TRANSFER FEE FROM THE BALANCE OF THE FUND AFTER DEDUCTING YOUR 10%. ALSO NOTE THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN EXTRA $50 FOR TRANSACTIONS COMPLETED ON THE SAME DAY YOU RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE. ENSURE FUNDS ARE SENT VIA ''MONEY IN MINUTES'' TO AVOID ANY DELAYS TO THE TRANSACTION.

....THE MTCN NUMBER ( THE TEN DIGIT MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER ):
....AMOUNT SENT
....NAME AND ADDRESS OF SENDER:
....TEXT QUESTION {WHAT YEAR}. ANSWER {2009}.

NOTE *** IF YOU COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION ASAP,YOUR SECOND PAYMENT WILL BE SENT TO YOU THE NEXT DAY AND SUBSEQUENT DELIVERY BASED ON EACH TRANSACTION COMPLETED SAME DAY.

Do acknowledge the receipt of this email asap.

Best Regards,
#18250 by msolo0234 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:17 pm
I just received another in my spam from her only this one isn't to me - it's just a general email:

Coca-Cola(R) Urgent Notice***** Kindly Confirm And Report Back To Me Asap.Friday, December 4, 2009 2:12 PM
From: "Mrs Rita Peterson" Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipients
Dear Representative, <[email protected]>How are you doing today? I am sorry for the delay of payment but happy to inform you that the awaited payment has been delivered to you by Today..

The package contains 2 pieces of Money Order of the amount $945.00 each.. Do note that this first payment was made small in order to be sure of your honesty and diligence to work as over the past years we have had cases of representatives eloping with our funds. Be rest assured that upon completion of this first transaction Today, payments not less than $6,200 delivered to you and such payments will be received four times in a week by you upon daily completion of each transactions.

Upon receipt of the payment, you are to take it to your bank to be cashed. After the money is received, deduct your 10% commission from the total fund cashed and proceed to the nearest western union agent location close to you and have the rest balance sent to our regional accounting manager using the Payee information below.

Name: Eva Wilson
Address: 8 Chester Court, Albany Street,
City: London
Postal Code: NW1 4BU

Please feel free to deduct the Western Union charges from the balance and kindly provide me with the necessary transfer details for each transaction.

NOTE *** YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THE WESTERN UNION TRANSFER FEE FROM THE BALANCE OF THE FUND AFTER DEDUCTING YOUR 10%. ALSO NOTE THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN EXTRA $50 FOR TRANSACTIONS COMPLETED ON THE SAME DAY YOU RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE. ENSURE FUNDS ARE SENT VIA ''MONEY IN MINUTES'' TO AVOID ANY DELAYS TO THE TRANSACTION.

...THE MTCN NUMBER ( THE TEN DIGIT MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER ):
...AMOUNT SENT
...NAME AND ADDRESS OF SENDER:
...TEXT QUESTION {WHAT YEAR}. ANSWER {2009}.

NOTE *** IF YOU COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION ASAP,YOUR SECOND PAYMENT WILL BE SENT TO YOU THE NEXT DAY AND SUBSEQUENT DELIVERY BASED ON EACH TRANSACTION COMPLETED SAME DAY.

Do acknowledge the receipt of this email asap.

Best Regards,
#18301 by The Enchantress Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:30 am
Welcome to Scamwarners msolo.

Thank You for posting this information on this scammer.

It will alert and save others from being scammed. Well Done :=)

You are quite correct - this scammer is not employed by Coca Cola and is using "fake" mail addresses to mislead.

[email protected] [email protected]

Note - research indicates that legitimate Coca Cola personnel have email addresses that generally go by firstinitial - lastname @na.ko.com. KO is Coca Cola's stock symbol.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#19388 by Ralph Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 am
Hi Brandywine,

Could you please post the header from the email that appears to be from that email address.

It is possible to make your emails appear to be from wherever you like and obviously I am not sending scam emails out, kind of goes against what I do here.

If you dont know how to find teh headers please let us know which email provider you use and we can give you specific instructions.

By viewing the header we may be able to tell where the email came from as well as teh actual email address used to send it.

For now I will remove my email address to avoid extra spam in my inbox
#36400 by annemarie25 Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm
Hi i applied for a job on kijiji and was expecting a telephone call and interview but when i confirmed my information i got an email saying payment sent to me. Now there is a package at ups for me. I don't know what i should do now that i know its not a legit job but an email thingy. do i accept package and return to sender do i take it to the police or am i already liable? HELP!!! I just was looking for a job and generally trust kijiji. it never occurred to me that this would happen.
#36435 by Chris Fuller Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 am
Hello annemarie, and welcome to ScamWarners.

Don't worry: print out a copy of the email/s you received and take them along to your local police, and tell them what has happened. They will tell you what to do regarding the package.

I'm glad that you realised that this was not legitimate.