Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#212492 by Kendrix Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 pm
Hello I recieved an E-mail and I want to make sure its not a scam before i got though with it. here is the e-mail Dear D<removed to protect privacy> MW,

Great news: your CV was successfully chosen among many others, it seems you possess the qualifications for the Client Manager job that has brrn posted by our company on Careerbuilder.com recently.

As our new Client Manager, your responsibility will be acting as a core person between our clients and outside staff by providing detailed and up-to-date information about orders, requests, and complaints.

There are both full-time, and part-time shifts available, so you can select an option that fits you most. We offer the initial salary of $2,900 monthly plus accumulative bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability/life insurance and a 401k plan. And since this opening is based out of your home, you won't be required to relocate. No previous experience in this area is required, the company will provide all employees with free training materials and friendly support by assigned supervisors.

If you are interested in the Client Manager position, please reply to our message, and we will forward you additional information to proceed with the employment.

Looking forward to your reply,
Burton Barnes
Advertisement

#212500 by Cristian Popa Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:18 pm
Hi!

I received the same message from the same company. The only difference is that mine is signed by Lauren Brock. I called the lady and she answered. She gave me a lot of logical explanations both verbally and in writing. For your information, this is their website:
http://cyrusonlinefl.com

Now, it still can be a scam. I checked both the owner Michael Barber (he will sign the Employment Contract - yes, they actually sent one to me!) and Lauren Brock. It seems that indeed the company was incorporated in Florida in 2007 (see http://visulate.com/rental/visulate_sea ... 7000028228). On the BBB website it is nothing suspicious reported about the company and their rating is A+ (the best one - go here to check: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/busi ... -160338822).

So what is sure is that the company existis. If this is a scam based on a cloned website ... it may be possible. Lauren Brock can be contacted at the following phone no.: 407 219 9141. The company's ph. no posted on the BBB website is: (407) 862-5991. It is a good idea to call and check if the company may confirm that the three of them (including the one who sent you the email) work for them.

If this is a scam, it must be a good, well planned one. I didn't find anything that may prove the scam. It may be a serious business, but the offering and the entire scenario was used in some other scam cases. The employment contract asks only ofr your full name and address - so is not a bog risk if you sign. But they ask for a checking account in order you to be paid - this is the sensible information a potential scam may want to use. Also, they will send you a form (for the IRS) where, I don't know yet but I assume - they will ask for the SSN number. In other words - if this is a scam then they will have plenty of information to steal your identity and use your checking account.

What can be done - is to ask them to pay you by check, so you don't have to give them your checking account.

If anybody have other information please share them.

Cristian
#212505 by Cristian Popa Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 pm
Update to my previous message:

I found out that Cyrus provided its services (medical website services) to Gulf Coast Medical Group. Michael Barber is mentioned as President and CEO. The contact phone no is 407 862 5991 - the same with the one used by Lauren Brock - the lady who contacted me and set me the Employment Contract.

Check this link:

http://www.gulfcoastmedicalgroup.net/Ab ... etail.aspx

Cristian
#212516 by Kendrix Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 am
Thank you I appreciate the reply I will give the numbers a call to make sure they match up. So did you go through with the employement?
#212518 by Zukarukk Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 am
Hey guys i also got an email from Lauren Brock with the same informatain and contract as you guys got i plan on call there number provided by the bbb tomorrow
#212521 by AlanJones Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 am
It is a scam.

The website cyrusonlinefl.com was registered a few days ago, yet they claim to have been in business 7 years.

The phone number 1-407-219-9141 (14072199141) is a VoIP number - not something a business actually located where they claim to be would need.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#212534 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 am
cyrusonlinefl.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#212557 by Cristian Popa Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 am
Yes, I signed the Employment Contract. Now I have big doubt, after I read all the posts. I really don't know what to do. Any advice?

Cristi
#212558 by Cristian Popa Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 am
Kendrix wrote:Thank you I appreciate the reply I will give the numbers a call to make sure they match up. So did you go through with the employement?

As I said, I did the stupid thing of signing the contract. Please tell me what did you discover. Thanks.
Cristi
#212562 by AlanJones Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am
Do not worry about the contract, it is irrelevant as you are dealing with a bunch of scammers (possibly in Eastern Europe).

As has been pointed out, this is definitely a scam and the fake website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

Just delete all their emails and ignore any further contact from them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#212566 by Cristian Popa Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am
Thank you Alan. What is the risk of keeping their emails? From the legal point of view I want to keep them to show that at least in the last moment I terminated the contract. If the contract is valid it has to be a written termination of it. I know that I am going to far... However, what is the risk of keeping the messages?

Thank you again.

Cristi
#212568 by AlanJones Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 am
There is no risk for you keeping the emails safe if it makes you feel better - you would only have caused yourself problems if you had actually done the "job " they employed you for - which from the limited information in the first post looks like it is a reshipping scam or possibly laundering money for them.

#212638 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:11 am
Don't tell the scammers that you quit the job. Just ignore all further communication from them.

You may want to post the emails and the "contract" here, to give us a better idea what the scam is, and in case someone else is looking for the text in them.

#212807 by ljmcbride Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 pm
I am doing research on Cyrus Limited. The website: http://www.gulfcoastmedicalgroup.net/ was developed by Clinic Website Development by McMurry. They are an advertising and marketing group. Also, a search on www.sunbiz.org. shows that this company dissolved effective today, 7/31/14. I don't know if this helps anyone or not.

Lynn
#212816 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm
McMurry is also the registrant of the real Cyrus domain. This has nothing to do with the fake Cyrus domain, where the scammer falsely used the real Cyrus's telephone number when registering, but a different phone number on the website.