Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
Advertisement

#214664 by AlanJones Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 pm
Unfortunately, local police departments are often woefully unaware of the different types of scams. Your best bet would be to report it to the FBI/NW3C's IC3 website http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx, so that there is at least a record of you reporting the crime.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#214668 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:35 pm
Echoing Alan Jones,

Small Police Department and some Officers are not familiar with online scams.

You can also report it to the US Postal Inspector. http://locator.uspis.gov/locator/

You need to protect yourself. Do keep all the emails. Send the packages back to the sender. Show the Post Office your reshipping labels.

You can go back to the Police Station or call them. Tell them you want to make a "Miscellaneous Information Report" and get the case number if they refuse go up the chain of Command.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#214670 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:45 pm
http://www.ic3.gov/crimeschemes.aspx#item-16

Reshipping

The "reshipping" scheme requires individuals in the United States, who sometimes are coconspirators and other times are unwitting accomplices, to receive packages at their residence and subsequently repackage the merchandise for shipment, usually abroad.

"Reshippers" are being recruited in various ways but the most prevalent are through employment offers and conversing, and later befriending, unsuspecting victims through Internet Relay Chat Rooms.

Unknown subjects post help-wanted advertisements at popular Internet job search sites and respondents quickly reply to the online advertisement. As part of the application process, the prospective employee is required to complete an employment application, wherein he/she divulges sensitive personal information, such as their date of birth and social security number which, unbeknownst to the victim employee, will be used to obtain credit in his/her name.

The applicant is informed he/she has been hired and will be responsible for forwarding, or "reshipping", merchandise purchased in the United States to the company's overseas home office. The packages quickly begin to arrive and, as instructed, the employee dutifully forwards the packages to their overseas destination. Unbeknownst to the "reshipper," the recently received merchandise was purchased with fraudulent credit cards.

The second means of recruitment involves the victim conversing with the unknown individual in various Internet Relay Chat Rooms. After establishing this new online "friendship" or "love" relationship, the unknown subject explains for various legal reasons his/her country will not allow direct business shipments into his/her country from the United States. He/she then asks for permission to send recently purchased items to the victim's United States address for subsequent shipment abroad for which the unknown subject explains he/she will cover all shipping expenses.

After the United States citizen agrees, the packages start to arrive at great speed. This fraudulent scheme lasts several weeks until the "reshipper" is contacted. The victimized merchants explain to the "reshipper" the recent shipments were purchased with fraudulent credit cards. Shortly thereafter, the strings of attachment are untangled and the boyfriend/girlfriend realizes their Cyber relationship was nothing more than an Internet scam to help facilitate the transfer of goods purchased online by fraudulent means.

If you believe you may have fallen victim to this type of scam and wish to report it, please file a complaint with us.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#217277 by Smokey86 Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:52 pm
I have been working for this company for a month. I should be getting first check soon, I hope it's not a scam. They website operates under teleport-shipping.biz now. The guy I've been speaking with name is Kevin Sung. Anybody familiar with him. How exactly did you guys find out this was a scam?
#217281 by Smokey86 Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:08 pm
I need help. I've been working for this company for about a month. If this is a scam, what do I do? Email me at Please PM member (BW). Thanks.

Bryon Williams wrote:It is 100% a scam.

The OP is a staff member that specializes in fake job sites and employment scams.
#217285 by vonpaso xlura Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 pm
It is again a one-year domain with hidden registrant, same registrar as before, same Latvian nameserver and hoster as before. It is a scam and is in the process of being reported for fraud..

Print out ALL emails from the scammers with COMPLETE headers, take them to the police, and explain that you are a victim of a scam. If you have any packages now, return them to sender. DO NOT answer the scammers, DO NOT tell them that you found out it's a scam.

When the check comes, refuse it. Do not cash it; it is fake. If it comes by mail, take it to the US Postal Inspection Service along with printouts of all emails from the scammers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10