Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#34674 by vecors Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:15 pm
Hi!

Here is the email I got today what seems to be one of the, unfortunately, very popular internet scams nowadays!

"Dear Mr ***** *****,

After reviewing your resume at the totaljobs website, we believe that you are a good fit for a Payment Processing position.

My name is Claudia Miles and I represent IT and Finance Inc.

We are a large company headquartered in the UK. The main field of our business is IT outsourcing services, including the search of clients for potential employees and matching the most ideal candidate for each company's request.

The position we are offering is a part-time, with a flexible schedule. You are to spend on average 2-3 hours per weekday (Monday-Friday) telecommuting from the comfort of your home.

NOTE: Internet access and e-mail are required.

IT and Finance Inc. covers all expenses--there is no need to invest your own money. This is not a MLM or pay-to-work position.

Once the employment contract is signed, you'll be employed a training period of one month. During this time frame, you'll receive all the necessary instructions and training from your supervisor. One week before the trial ends, your supervisor will be making his/her decision regarding whether your performance has been satisfactory enough to offer full time employment.

During the training period, you'll be paid GBP 1,500 a month. In addition, you'll keep 8% from each money transfer processed. Total income, considering the current volume of clients, will be up to GBP 2,500 per month. After you successfully pass the training period, base salary will be increased up to GBP 1,800 per month.

If you are interested in this job offer or would like to learn more, please forward a completed form with your updated contact information to: [email protected]

==============FORM===FORM================
First name:_______________________
Last name:_____________
Country of residence:_____________________
Contact phone:____________________
Preferred call time:____________________
==============FORM===FORM================

Replies will be prompt.

We've found your resume at http://www.totaljobs.com. This letter is to confirm that your resume has been duly processed and your skills meet our basic requirements for the Payment Processing Vacancy.

Regards,

Claudia Miles
IT and Finance Company"
Last edited by Michelle on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Heading changed to reflect the topic.
Advertisement

#34687 by Samantha Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:19 pm
You are right, that is an all-too-common scam today. No legitimate company hires people to "process payments" from their homes and then forward the money on by Western Union. The mechanics of this particular scam are described in the "sticky" posted here.
#35398 by Slinky85 Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm
Hi,
My name is Selina,
And i recived this email on the 22/07/2010:

Hi.

Our company ELM is pleased to offer you a well-paid part-time vacancy.

If you are interested, please reply to : [email protected] with your short resume.

Best regards,
ELM

And i thought well i wouldnt mind a part time job to make some extra cash. So i sent of my cv and i got this reply on the 28/07/2010:

Dear .........,

We have reviewed your resume and would like to consider you for the position of administrative assistant/sales support. You'll work at the convenience of your home, part-time.

ELM, a luxury goods company, presents the best off-season luxury finds from the most prestigious international designers and collectibles from the rarest collections at irresistible prices.

Candidates for the job should possess excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to efficiently multi-task. Ideal candidates have a strong focus on day-to-day operational excellence, and a personal style that builds trust, and inspires loyalty. The candidate should be motivated, proactive, be able to learn and adapt quickly.

Other duties of the Administrative Assistant/Sales Support include, but are not limited to:

• Incorporating effective priorities for the virtual office function
• Administer day-to-day financial responsibilities for clients
• Reporting online daily
• Preparing brief summary reports, and weekly financial reports

Salary part-time: 1,800GBP/month, plus commission.

In the attachments you will find the agreement with a detailed job description. If you are interested in this trial period, which will last for one month, during which you will receive training, salary, and commission, please see the attached agreement. Upon successful completion of the trial period you will receive a contract to continue working with ELM, have an option to change from part-time to full-time or continue working part-time.

Please read carefully the trial period agreement, complete, sign, and
forward back to us either via email or by fax +1-949-271-5615. If you have any questions please email.

Thank You,
Sandra Molins

To be honest the first thing i thought is this is to good to be true it most be a scam. But i still proceeded to open a new bank account (just incase it was a scam). opening the account took about two weeks to open and during these two weeks i never heard from ELM . which i also thought was strange for a complany that has just offered me a job.I filled out the trial period agreement with my new bank account details and sent it off on the 15/08/10 and the very next day i got this email:

Dear ........,

We have received the documents from you. All is correct.

Below you can see example of the task. Please read it carefully.

*BEGIN OF THE EXAMPLE*

First transfer was sent and here are the details:

amount: 2.870,00 GBP

buyer: Mondic Inc

item: Montblanc

You should receive this transfer on Tuesday. Once received keep 5% from this transfer, withdraw in cash and transfer the remaining amount through western union location near you 1356GBP Mukim(first name) Ohunov(last name) in Dushanbe(city) Tajikistan(country) and the remaining amount to Kamol(first name) Makimov(last name) in Dushanbe(city) Tajikistan(country). Deduct the fees for transferring from the received payment. When sending please state USD as currency available for pick up, use the money in minutes services. Once completed the western union transferring agent will provide you with reference numbers.

Once completed send us the brief report that should state:

Amount Received:

Commission 5%:

Fees:

Amount Transferred through western union to Mukim(in GBP/USD): 1356GBP

Reference Numbers for Mukim:

Amount Transferred through western union to Kamol(in GBP/USD):

Reference Numbers for Kamol:

Send us the brief report as soon as completed.

*END OF THE EXAMPLE*

Do you understand all details of the example? Are you ready to process the first transfer on this week? Please confirm.

Thank you,

Sandra Molins

Once i read this email i simply googled the buyers name (MONDIC INC). And i was redirected to the scamwarners website. And just as i thought its a SCAM! I am so happy somthing in the back of my mind made me google the buyers name. And i an truley greatful to the scamwarners website for doing such a good job.
Thank you.

Thought of the day: If somthing seems to good to be true is probably is.

Hope my post has been helpful.

#35408 by CBME Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:50 am
I have this one:

Good day.

We are happy to offer you a part time vacancy.

DISTRIBUTION AGENT

Requirements :

- Full Legal Age

Salary : 2,100 GBP/month

If you are interested, please reply to : [email protected] with your contact
details.

Super pay scale fo ra nothing job......

H2/H4 Hastingwood Trading
Estate Harbet Road, Edmonton,
London, N18 3HT
The Courier Service
#35485 by ChrisSmith Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 am
Thanks for posting them up, guys.

Every one of them is now a potential hit on Google, so hopefully, anybody else who has received those emails and isn't sure about them could run a search, come here and find out that they're scams. :wink: