Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#322868 by Linds83 Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:05 pm
I too was contcted by the same fake company/scam!!! I received serveral emails and an offer letter from someone claiming to be Tony Cheng/HR Manager for Quark Engineering. Thanks to all the previous posts, I realized what was going on and later noticed that all the emails I received were sent from several different email addresses, all claiming to be the same person. I am also VERY confused as to how someone would make money off of this???? SOOO discouraging and disappointing!! :x I hope these posts help someone else as well. Here are the email addresses he/they used: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. I'm also copying the text from part of the "offer letter" I received below:

We are delighted to offer you the position of Administrative Assistant with our organization. Quark Engineering And Development Inc is a leader in the Canadian market expanding its already broadened reach to achieve new feats. As you join Quark Engineering And Development Inc, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team ........

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Official Start date: April 10, 2017
(Unofficial start date may be prior to the aforementioned).
Salary: $2,106/bi-weekly
Probation: 3 months
Group Benefits: Medical, dental, visual insurance; and combined profit sharing (bonuses) at the end of each business year.
Hours of work: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 5pm (May be called in or required for emergency weekend duties on a Saturday not exceeding 1pm).

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Following the initial probationary period, a progression and performance review would be conducted on a monthly basis to assess performance to-date, and to clarify or modify this arrangement, as the need may arise.
My arrival date with the team is on the 10th of April, 2017 when the office would be opened officially and we shall meet in person and you will be presented with the Full Employment Contract.
Your job will officially start before we leave Halifax, NS. Which means you will work from home till we arrive, and help where necessary in making our transition easier. During next week, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with you and property manager that will take you to the office unit.
A laptop will be provided to create efficiency in your duties. A disc containing the company’s platform (software) will be mailed to you after one week. A check will be sent to you to coordinate some office purchases such as stationery, and secure accommodation (hotel) for me and other delegates attending the official opening of the new outlet. These tasks would be part of your assessment in finalizing your employment with us after three months. You will be required to make monthly report of tasks assigned to you and your first would be 31st of March 2017.
Please confirm the below information to enable our account department mail a check to you.
1. Full Names to be written on check.
2. Detailed mailing address including postal code.
3. Direct telephone number.
4. Bank Name

Further instructions will be sent to you once the check and laptop are mailed out. Revert to me if you inquire any further clarification on the above.
This arrangement may be terminated by either party upon notice in writing to either party with notice that complies with Employment Standards (or Labor Standards) for the company.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you in an atmosphere that is successful and mutually challenging and rewarding.

Sincerely,
Tony Cheng
03/18/2017
Human Resource Manager
+1 902-332-3393 Ext 103
http://www.quarkengineeringinc.com
With the signature below, I accept this offer for employment.
Advertisement

#322869 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 pm
position of Administrative Assistant with our organization

Money Mule Scam . You would be processing fake checks through your bank account and forwarding the money to overseas criminals . The aftermath of this scam would be financially devastating :(

Daniel 8 :25