Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#46373 by Chris Fuller Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 am
This scammer directs au pairs to a fake UK Home Office/UK Border Agency. Please note that the real UK Border Agency does not require anyone to prove that they have sufficient funds to enter the UK by making a Western Union Payment to themselves or to a friend or relative.

Never send money to any agency, embassy, lawyer, or other person introduced to you by a potential employer. If you wish to consult the UK Border Agency, do not use an email address or website address given to you by your potential employer, but go to the genuine website here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

You will find their real contact email addresses here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/

Notice that their genuine email addresses end with @ukba.gsi.gov.uk and with no further letters or words after the gov.uk.

Subject: Contract Letter and Instructions for Travel Documnets

Dear Aupair,

I hope your week is moving well. After discussing your employment with my wife, we have decided that you match our requirements so please find the Contract Letter that is approved by the UK Home Office.

I received approval from the UK Home Office today to employ you, I have attached the approved contract letter issued me for your review. I need to apply now for Certificate of Eligibility (COE-UKIMG2009) as UK Home Office instructed me for our application to be quickly considered, as that is important to prove that I am sponsoring your travel down to the UK and to prove that you are elligible to take up job position in UK before they send your reference to the nearest British Consulate in your country. You need to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned copy indicating your travel date (For Flight Booking which I shall pay for) , to the staff at UK Home Office in charge of my application for the Certificate of Elligiblity for their records and advice to us:

Home Office, UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield,
S3 8WA,
United Kingdom
Applications Fax : + 44 844 774 1192
Applications E mail: [email protected]

On receipt of the Form COE-UKIMG2009 by me, I shall courier it to you with hard contract copies, prepaid flight tickets and any accompanying permit documents to enable you recieve Visa from the nearest british consulate following instructions from the UK Home Office as they shall let you know date to visit British Consulate nearest to you, hence follow procedure.

I am in the Office right now and would try to contact you via phone or you can reach me on +4470318411932 you start doing the needful

We wait to recieve you when you arrive. God bless you as you come

Respectfully,
Mr Ben Ramson
For the family.

Attached CONTRACT LETTER.doc reads:

Mr Ben Ramson
52 Davies Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 5JE
United Kingdom
Direct Line: +4470318411932

LETTER OF OFFER

We would like to offer you the position of Au pair to our family. The terms and conditions of the job are as follows:

Hours

You will be required to work for approximately 35 hours per week. Every weekend, will be spent with the family or anywhere you wish as you would have the weekends off.

Accomodation:

You would have a Private Live-Out or Live-In Accommodation depending on your preference with Private Bathroom, Sitting Room and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. We ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with our permission. If we go out as a family, you will generally be invited to come with us (at our expense) should you so choose.

Duties and responsibilities

Your main duty is the due care of Lina. You will be required to get her ready for the day, get her to kindergarten school, collect her after school and see to her needs in the afternoon. You will also be required to assist with homework, bath and change as required, arrange visits with friends, see to after school activities, play games together as well as anything else that may be necessary for their amusement and wellbeing.

Salary

You will be paid an amount of £500 (Five Hundred Great British Pounds per week and this money shall be given to you every Friday. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves from time to time.

Start Date and Period of Employment:

This contract will commence from the time you arrive UK .At the end of this period, both party may agree for the extension of the contract. If due to circumstances beyond your control or for any other reason, you wish to leave at an earlier date than our agreement, you will be required to give one month’s notice. If we require you to leave, subject to the conditions specified under discipline we will give you a minimum of one month’s notice.

Medical Insurance has also been put in place so you can receive free medical attention.

Discipline

Reasons which could give rise to disciplinary measures are as follows: Causing a disruptive influence in the household.

Job incompetence

In the event of a need for disciplinary action, the procedure will be: First - a verbal warning.

Second - a written warning.

Third - dismissal without need for further notice.

Reasons with would give rise to summary dismissal would be:

Theft or other dishonest offences.

Drunkenness.

Illegal drug taking. Child abuse or neglect.

Vacation

You will have 3 weeks paid vacation after 4 months of work. Vacation must be negotiated however, well in advance.

School

You will be enrolled at a Public School to attend a course in any language of your choice for foreigners for the duration of your stay. We look forward to having you with us and are sure that our association will be a long and happy one. Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions.

A Certificate of Eligibility is important to prove that we are sponsoring your travel down to the UK and to prove that you are eligible to take up a job position in UK before they send you Interview Date and reference number to visit the nearest UK Embassy in your country. The Certificate of Eligibility would be issued to you with your Appointment Reference Number and Interview Date to visit the nearest UK Embassy in your country for Entry approval.

You are to sign the contract after going through it and send a scanned copy via e mail indicating your intended travel date and Airport (For Flight Booking which we shall pay for), to the UK Home Office in charge of applications for Certificate of Eligibility for their records and advice to us:

UK Home Office, Border Agency,
PO Box 3468, Sheffield,
S3 8WA,
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]

Your browser may not support display of this image. We look forward to receive you at the airport when you arrive the Country.

Cheers. Mr. Ben Ramson (For the Family)

Complete the details below to signify acceptance:

Full Name:………………………………………………………………………

Date: ………………………………………………………………………………

Signature: …………………………………………………………………………

This scammer has also used this email address for the fake UK Home Office:

Subject: Travel Requirement to London, England, UK

Dear Applicant,

We have noted the content of your email,Your employer Mr Ben Ramson contacted our office and ask that we should treat your application with priority.

Find below the necessary steps you will take to enable you obtain your Certificate of Eligibility.

(1)You are to fill properly the UK Visa Application Form and leave your sponsor's section blank for us to complete.

(2)A scanned copy of your passport.

The UK Border Agency is responsible for securing the United Kingdom borders and controlling immigration in the United Kingdom. We manage border control for the United Kingdom,enforcing immigration and customs regulations. We also consider applications for permission to enter or stay in the United Kingdom,citizenship and asylum.

Disclaimer:

The UK Home Office wishes to authoritatively inform applicants seeking for immigration status into the United Kingdom not to make any payments for processing of Work Permit, Visa and/or Expatriate Quota Approval. Approval for entry (Visa) into the United Kingdom is executed by the Nearest British Embassy or Consulate within the applicants country of residence or location after regulation and certification of the applicant by the UK Home Office as at the time of application.

The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry into the UK, by:

•Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entering the United Kingdom for Business or Pleasure throughout the duration of the validity of the Entry Visa.

• Ensuring that the applicant, has the minimum stipulated financial requirement to earn the needed points for Visa Approval, going by the new point-based system for immigration in 2010

• Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to Live, Work and carry out business activities in the United Kingdom legally.

The new points-based system (PBS) is the biggest shake up of the immigration system for 45 years.Under the new system, migrants will need to pass a points-based assessment before they receive Certificate of Eligibility and permission to enter or remain in the United Kingdom. It will help British businesses recruit the skills it needs from abroad and assure the British public that only the skilled migrants will need to come to the United Kingdom. The role of employees/migrants with qualifying financial base is crucial to its success.

Before the issuance of Certificate of Eligibility to you for issuance of Visa by Local British Consulate, you are required to show proof that the stipulated financial requirement/applicant travel allowance as indicated above is available. The UK Home Office would ensure via this means that only eligible applicants who are financially capable are allowed entry into the United Kingdom.

CONFIRMATION/PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS

This step must be completed by any one you wish to stand in as your next of Kin. As per UK Immigration policies, an individual must be aware of your travel to the United Kingdom. This can be your Mother or Father or Brother or Sister or Close Relative or friend and is at your discretion.

To meet the above requirement your selected next of kin is required to make a deposit of the stipulated financial requirement of £450GBP via any Western Union/Money Gram agent using the following format :

Senders Name: Should be the selected individual you wish to stand in as your next of kin(eg;Friend,Sister,Mother Father,Brother)

Receivers Name: Must be you the primary sponsor:

Payout Location: Your intended residential address in the UK(eg;Your employers address in the contract letter or any address you have here in UK)

Payout Country: United Kingdom

As soon as you come down here you can visit any Western Union/Money Gram agent and receive back your deposit,using the details.

Note: You must ensure that the senders name is the above as instructed and the receiver is you for security reasons and as the primary sponsor of your immigration into the United Kingdom.

Payout Location: Your intended residential address in the United Kingdom. It is not compulsory that you must use the residential address of your Employer which is also your residential address. If you have an alternative residential address here in United Kingdom, you can also use that. However it is advisable if this is your first time to travel to United Kingdom, to use your employers residential address which is also your address.

Payout Country: United Kingdom

Note: Ensure that the receiver is you so that only you can withdraw the deposit after the verification of deposit has been carried out, as the Home Office would not be liable for loss. This is not a payment but a deposit for verification which is why it is in your name as the receiver and to also fulfill that you have funds to support yourself when you arrive here till you receive your first salary from your Employer.

Application Checklist: You are to send the following application requirements:

* Courier Address for Shipment of Hard Copies of your Certificate of Eligibility and other documents.

* Scan the receipt of the deposit of your financial requirement including the Money Transfer Control or Verification Number to enable our office perform Verification of the deposit.

* Scan Completed Application Form.

Confirmation of Basic Travel Allowance satisfies the requirement for release of Expatriate Relocation Package (ERP). Expatriate Relocation Package protects the right of expatriates and ensures full compliance to terms and conditions of contract engagement by United Kingdom Employers.

The instructions above would earn you the needed points under the point-based system for the release of your Certificate of Eligibility to you with instructions on how to receive entry status/notary from the nearest British Consulate

Yours Sincerely

Home Office , UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468 ,
Sheffield , S3 8WA
United Kingdom.
Advertisement

#46383 by GomerPyle Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 am
NurRo - it's very difficult, and personally, I feel that many websites don't do enough to prevent scammers operating. Scammers even try to post here, but our Moderators are ruthless with them, but our whole purpose is to thwart scammers.

With the operation of our 'site killers' we probably do more than many law enforcement agencies to act against scammers, many of whom operate from countries where law enforcement is unreliable. Having said that, it's hard to build a case against a scammer when we find one operating from the West, and we never claim that there aren't scammers in the West, far from it.

It's very frustrating, and worse when we hear about people who have lost money to them, but we do good and help people when we can. Most frequently we never know the real names of the scammers, and even in the cases when we do, the chances of getting them arrested are very small.

The most efficient way to deal with scammers is to cut off the money they want to steal, and we do that by warning and educating people - and we're always here to help if you're unsure about an offer.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#50675 by alexaa Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm
Thank you do much ! I've been sending emails with this guy now, and I noticed that he was a little bit too interested in my salary and fortune? so I googled him now, and thank you for this warning :) but I have to ask, has he been charged for this or something?
#50677 by Chris Fuller Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54 pm
Hello alexaa, and welcome to ScamWarners. I'm glad that you made the wise decision to google this person.

Scammers use fake names and set up email accounts using false information, and often use anonymous internet cafés as well - all of which hides their real identities, and contributes greatly to there being little chance of them being charged for their thefts of money.

Therefore, the best thing we can do is to publicize their current fake names, their current email addresses, and their scam mails and any other photos or documents which they send - so that people like yourself can google the details of the people who write to them, and discover that it is a scam.
#50689 by David Jansen Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:42 pm
Welcome here Alexaa.

That mobile number, is it a Nigerian number? Anyway, if it is not posted in this thread yet, could you post it here?

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#50690 by alexaa Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm
+447930234587 or +4470318411932. I will try these numbers tomorrow, didn't find it in the phone book. He don't know what I know, so I'm going to try to get more information out of him and post it here :)
#50692 by Arnold Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 pm
The first number is a UK mobile one, and it's not hard for a scammer to get hold of a Pay As You Go phone. The second is a free redirect number that transfers calls to another phone anywhere in the world. Neither type appear in any phone directories or mean that the scammer is in the UK.
Please don't try the numbers or ask him any more questions. It's not safe and you won't learn anything useful.

#50724 by David Jansen Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 am
As Arnold said, you don't have to get more information out of this scammer. We already have enough information here to warn others. Just stop communicating with him is the best thing to do. And thank you for the telephone numbers! :=)

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#52165 by maric65 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm
I almost sent my money from this scammer. Thank GOD i googled him first before i sent my money and luvkily i found out that its only a scam. i was just sending him an email i got curious coz he was online, then he immediately sign out from yahoo the minute i was online....thanks guys you saved me again....the context of the contract & from the "UK Home Office" is very much the same except he asked 550 pounds and not 450 pounds...poor me.....
#61507 by Chris Fuller Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 am
This scammer is still sending out his scams. This is a recent introductory email from him. It was not sent from the UK; it was sent from Ghana, as shown by the IP address: 41.210.23.214 - Accra, Ghana.

Subject: Your profile was shortlisted at newaupair.com

Dearest Aupair

We are working Family. We live in UK. We live very close to tube station which takes you to city (london) centre in 20 min. I am looking for a friendly aupair who is flexible and hardworking. We have lovely daughter(Lina) and I am looking for a caring, kind person who knows how to handle kids. Aupair will have her own room but has to share bathroom with my daughter.There is a TV in the aupair's room. There is unlimited internet connection which is available to use. You can bring your own laptop. The aupair has to get Lina ready in the morning and walk her to school. School starts at 8.45am and ends at 3.15pm at which time she will need to be picked up and brought back home. Sometimes she have after school activities where you would be required to take her and stay with her. You will have to cook healthy meals and engage in healthy activities with her before putting her to bed at 7:30pm. You will also assist her in doing their school homework and reading before bedtime. The house work will involve washing and ironing and keeping the house clean and tidy. During school holidays you will be responsible to look after her full time. Pork and alcohol is not allowed in the house.

Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon,with your resume and pictures.

Mr Ben Ramson.
+447930234587,+4470318411932
#77808 by namcober Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:25 am
Hello, I am a police inspector in Belgium. I investigate in the context of a scam with Ben Ramson as a victim pays 18,000 euros.
How did you get the IP address of Ghana? I have found that many people have taken money in Western Union was the United Kingdom.
Thank you for giving information in MP.
inspector Beaufays
#77821 by Michelle Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:37 am
Chris Fuller wrote:This scammer is still sending out his scams. This is a recent introductory email from him. It was not sent from the UK; it was sent from Ghana, as shown by the IP address: 41.210.23.214 - Accra, Ghana.

Hello namcober

Scammers may claim to be anywhere in the world.

In this case "Chris Fuller" will have seen the full/expanded headers to see the IP address from one of his e-mails - in this case 41.210.23.214

Please use this tool to check it yourself:-

http://www.iptrackeronline.com/

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:IP Address Quick Report
IP Address: 41.210.23.214
Organization: Ghana Telecom
City: Accra
Country of Origin: Ghana
* For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline