Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#172511 by ?skeptic? Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 pm
"Harrison Employment" sent me a check via USPS for over $9000 claiming i was hired to perform mystery shops. My first assignment was to deposit the check and then withdraw most of it and western union the cash to a third party. Yea right. Anyway, I am supposed to evaluate Western Union's customer service and the survey I am to complete is printed on the back of the letter I recieved, so when I submit my evaluation I also return the letter/evidence. Not BBB accredited for lack of legal documentation and volume of complaints. Just putting it out there because I take offense that these scammers think Im dumb enough to fall for one of the oldest tricks in the book. Nice try, Harrison, but your game has been played out. :bondage:
Advertisement

#172513 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:37 pm
Did you deposit the check? If not, turn it over to the police, along with printouts of all relevant emails including complete headers. Also please post the emails here. Is there any website that the scammers are using?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#172528 by ?skeptic? Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 am
No it was a pop up ad from a game I downloaded and I knew better than to cash it. The thing is I clicked on it to delete it and it took me to another page but I never filled out the info they requested. I think the Candy Crush game stole and then sold my info to "Harrison." So when I got the letter I checked to see if these guys had a website and they do...on Wix!!! All around this is just a poorly made scam and I saw where BBB had 2 complaints on them in the past two weeks so evidently people did get burned by them. By researching Harrison I stumbled upon Scamwarners and thought it looked like an appropriate place to burn them lol. Now my post is the very first result on a goole search for Harrison Employment in St Louis MO lol. Thank you Scamwarners!!!
#175780 by cindysimpson Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:37 pm
Got a check in the mail from Harrison Employment (it was posted in Canada, btw) with a check of $2,269.31 (Prudential Retirement - 500 Main St, Dubuque, IA) and a letter telling me to call a person called Gary Rowell at 1-855-367-8953 for activation and authorization for deposit. Also tells me to go to Western Union and complete the first evaluation by sending $1,869.31 to someone. I think it is a super scam, I don't recall applying for this type of "Undercover Customer Service Evaluator". In my opinion this is a money laundrying method.
#179098 by nkuwaye Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:16 pm
I recieved a letter in the mail from Harrison employment also although the address they put in the letter states 18001 Airline Dr. Metairie, KA 70001 with phone number 855-622-6661 with a check for $2996.96 wanting me to deposit into my bank and then take the money out and western union cash to them!! I filed a complaint with BBB and U S postal services and also FBI. I hope these scam idiots get caught!!!!
#179123 by vonpaso xlura Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:52 pm
18001 Airline Dr. Metairie, KA 70001

Whoever wrote that either has never been in America or (much less likely and I had to look it up) is in the Coast Guard.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10