Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#189225 by kmartineznxf Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 pm
I was just contacted by [email protected] and if i hadn't check if it was a scam i would have proceeded with the job offer. It is hard enough to look for a job and now be part of a scam. Good thing for the internet and people that take the time to post what has happened to them.
hireofficer: Good Morning
kmartineznxf: Good Morning
kmartineznxf: My name is Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx
hireofficer: Are you ready for a briefing and interview session now? you will get to know about the company and what the responsibilities entails
kmartineznxf: Yes I am ready for the interview. I do have to say it will be my first so please be a little patient with me.
hireofficer: ok
hireofficer: I am Mr Edd Baker,51. The personnel manager to the firm AWB Limited.. I started my career as an Actuary of CUNA Mutual Insurance Group since 1974.I joined AWB Limited., where i served as a Staff Actuary for AWB Limited Employee Benefit . I served as the Chariman of Disability Insurance Committee for the Health Insurance Association of America (HIAA) for 3 years.Please introduce yourself and indicate your age state and city for registration purpose.
kmartineznxf: I am xxxxx 34 years old. I live in Palmdale California I have lived here for 7 years old. I have worked in senior services for 7 years from xxxxxxx Committee on Aging to xxxxx Committe on Aging. My work was mainly being a liason to working with the monthly and daily reports. That included creating spreadsheets to training and supervising volunteers and co-workers. I also worked with xxxxxx Resorts and Hotels as a sale representative with in a 1 year I was already in our Plat light department as I was great with people and offering our services.
hireofficer: Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when i am through. Let me know when you have finshed reading and understanding every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later.With each line just respond with an OK?
kmartineznxf: ok
hireofficer: Next would be the briefing about the Job and the company. I advise you read with care OK?
hireofficer: In 2011 Cargill Australia acquired the AWB trading and origination arm and GrainFlow storage and handling business from Agrium. AWB is Cargill Australia’s grain origination business, with a network 40 grain marketers in 26 locations located throughout the Australian grain belt.
hireofficer: Headquarteres is in GPO Box 58 Melbourne, 3001, Victoria, Australia and currently working on setting up some international offices in MS , TX, IL, FL, TN, NJ, NY, New Orleans and GA.
hireofficer: We are currently working on the location in your area here that is why you are been hired online and (NOTE THAT) As soon as you are confirmed qualified,the company will provide you with complete office equipments to setup a mini office at home..... OK ?
hireofficer: This is strictly an online and work from home job and you can as well work from anywhere of your choice or anytime that does suit you.You can choose to work during Morning, Afternoon and even during evening...The payrate is $35.75 per hour training is $23 per hour and will be getting payment bi- weekly via check or direct deposit. let me know if you are interested so we can proceed.
kmartineznxf: It does interest me but I would need more information
hireofficer: ok ..
hireofficer: you will get more as we preceed
hireofficer is typing...
hireofficer: NOTE:This company is looking for a 16 team data entry worker.The most efficient workers from this 16 teams will be promoted to the company office,earn$68,0000 per annual given a car and a house,at the end of the year,this will be 4 efficient workers from the 16 teams.10% taxes will be deducted from your salary monthly by the company.
hireofficer: Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts
hireofficer: Working hours are flexible,all activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email
hireofficer: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude online from home.
hireofficer: Can you handle these duties effectively ??

and more but I think it will help other people to identify that it is a scam.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotation and removed personal information.
Advertisement

#192264 by nikol Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm
I got the same thing today. but how you come to know that it is a scam? The interview was same as you explain.
Please explain How you found it as scam?
Thank you
#192267 by AlanJones Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm
Legitimate companies do not use Yahoo email addresses for their email and do not conduct interviews by Instant Messaging.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#192284 by nikol Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:27 pm
Thank you very much. Why these people do such things? I almost said yes to work.
Thank god did not send any personal information.As I am new to work so do not know much.
I sent an email to you. Please check out and reply.

thankkkk you so much.
#196866 by Diimaa Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 pm
I received a text on my cell on 04/07/2014 asking me to do interview on yahoo e-mail. I asked if "she" could do voice/phone interview, "she" said no. And I told her, that I was skeptical that an HRR who refuses to tell me what AWB, Ltd ( Asutralian Wheat Board,Limited) does in the USA is a legitimate rep, for the Board and I ended lamenting that "she" wasted my time. It was a long conversation but that was the gist of it.

BTW "she" told me that "she" got my name on Texas Workforce Commission website and wrote my name with middle intial included. I'm afraid that "she" probably has my SSN and Bank (checking) account number as well. What do you suggest I do?
#196867 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:58 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Diimaa,

What was the text number did she/he use. Also what was the yahoo email address did he/she want to do the interview.

The scammer should not have you SSN or bank account unless you gave it to her/him. I am not familiar with Texas Workforce Commission website. Do they post resumes? If so, this is the way the scammer got your information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#196957 by Deannamyers60 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 am
I was sent an email from [email protected] asking me to set-up a yahoo im account for a job interview and add up the head of operations [email protected]. I did this and had my interview and got the job.

I did send her my name, address, phone #, and age. Should I be worried about her getting into my bank accounts or my computer?

She did send me a attachment to open that went into my spam folder that I did open.

SHOULD I BE WORRIED? HELP!!!!!! Please
#196964 by AlanJones Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 pm
It is unlikely that they have sent you any malware as they are more interested in "employing" you to commit fraud, but you should run a full virus scan and also download malwarebytes and run a scam with that just to be sure.

If you have given them your bank details then it would be an idea to speak to your bank and explain to them that you have given your details to scammers who may try and deposit fraudulent funds into the account.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#202541 by AlanJones Thu May 22, 2014 2:18 pm
This scammer uses the email address [email protected] and the names Jesse Christiana and Deal Fallin. They also give out the phone number +1-848-229-3387, which is a VoIP number.

The scam is a fake check scam - they will tell the victim that they are sending them a check to buy equipment with and ask them to bank the check and then pay the money (probably by Western Union/Moneygram) to the "vendor" - who will be fake.