Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#197517 by Giusepp Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 pm
Hi all,
My name is Removed (BW) and I'm new in this forum,
I'm writing because during last few days I've received the following job offer from statoil Nigeria limited:

" STATOIL NIGERIA LIMITED 1A Bourdillion Road, Falomo Lagos, Nigeria. P. O. Box 56190 Email: [email protected] Telephone: +234-8131945331 Fax : +234 84 302 661 Ref: SEG/ O&G/ 2014

12/04/2014

ATTENTION: Removed (BW)

With the approval of Board members of STATOIL NIGERIA LIMITED, we are delighted to formally offer you the Appointment to work with us in STATOIL NIGERIA LIMITED for the provision of Expatriates Relation Services for the period duly specified in your Offer Letter, please find attached Soft Copy of your Contract Terms of Employment for your perusal and immediate action if the terms of work is acceptable to you. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, dot your signature in the space indicated in the last page of the Offer Letter and return same back to us via email attachment within a period of 3 working days.

Once you accept and sign this offer, you are to contact the immigration agent with the below email addressand request for information required to enable him process your STR visa. Please note that your consistency is highly needed to enable him do his job and get you STR visa on time, also endeavor to keep us posted as regards your progress with the lawyer.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION Visa Information The below email belongs to the immigration lawyer who will be charge of your STR visa, once you agree to the terms and condition of this offer by signing your signature on the space provided, you are to immediately contact the below email address and let the lawyer know that you have accepted the job request STR visarequirements from him.

Philip&Nelson Associate, P.A Immigration Attorney Immigration House Plot 3, Immigration Close, Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria Email: [email protected] Tel: +2348171934725

Upon receipt of the required documents from your side the immigration lawyer will secure your residence and work permit here in Nigeria and will contact the Nigerian Consulate in your country and fax all your documents to them to facilitate your visa. Within a space of 7 working days after your papers have been faxed to the consulate, we shall notify you on when to go to the Consulate Office in your country for the endorsement of your international passport, brief interview and issuance of visa.

Best regards MR. MARK H. STONIS HEAD HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER"

Did anyone receive anything similar?

Thanks everyone
Removed (BW)
Advertisement

#199389 by funnyguy12 Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:22 pm
Hey there,
I just received the very same sort of letter almost verbatim to the letter you received. The letter and its contents appear to be very real but something about the deal smelled fake to me. Is there any way to stop this sort of scam from happening.

fg