Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#198526 by Mike Willes Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:20 am
Are the recruiting firms(Not all) but most of them are SCAMS? In any part of the world and specially in USA
For this I'd also discussed with my friends and they also suggest that its better to search for a job rather than going for a recruiting firm?
I'm really confused with this?

Mike Willes
Advertisement

#198529 by AlanJones Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am
I can't comment on the USA in particular, but in the European market, there are many legitimate recruiting firms (I assume that you are talking about employment agencies). I assume that the situation is similar in the USA.

Many large companies will only employ people through agencies as they do not want the hassle of sorting through hundreds of unsuitable CVs.

I would say you are more likely to be scammed if you are responding to "companies" that write to you claiming to have seen your CV than if you deal with a legitimate agency.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#198550 by TerranceBoyce Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 am
I'm sorry to say Mike Willes that it is something of a jungle out there and even government hosted employment sites in the USA and UK have become infested with scams and misleading offers. Even many that are classified as genuine are merely peddling high cost training courses of little value or purpose. Though I am retired I keep a profile on a UK employment site just to keep an eye on what's being offered and a regular one I see is for a position as a self-employed foreign exchange dealer :=) , much like having a job as a chimney sweep for an eskimo igloo.

You shouldn't have to lay out money for a job, and don't give out financial details by e-mail and, if it seems too easy, be cautious. If you've got a job without ever having a face to face interview in person, then what you're being offered isn't a job.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#199445 by Mike Willes Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 am
AlanJones wrote:I can't comment on the USA in particular, but in the European market, there are many legitimate recruiting firms (I assume that you are talking about employment agencies). I assume that the situation is similar in the USA.

Many large companies will only employ people through agencies as they do not want the hassle of sorting through hundreds of unsuitable CVs.

I would say you are more likely to be scammed if you are responding to "companies" that write to you claiming to have seen your CV than if you deal with a legitimate agency.

Thanks for your valuable response !
But if after giving so much effort if there is no result then shall I decide to ask or contact any recruiting firm?
If so can you please suggest me any good ones? Or just give me few days I'll try to search out for good recruiting firm and let you know, is it ok?

Mike Willes
#199447 by Mike Willes Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:04 am
TerranceBoyce wrote:I'm sorry to say Mike Willes that it is something of a jungle out there and even government hosted employment sites in the USA and UK have become infested with scams and misleading offers. Even many that are classified as genuine are merely peddling high cost training courses of little value or purpose. Though I am retired I keep a profile on a UK employment site just to keep an eye on what's being offered and a regular one I see is for a position as a self-employed foreign exchange dealer :=) , much like having a job as a chimney sweep for an eskimo igloo.

You shouldn't have to lay out money for a job, and don't give out financial details by e-mail and, if it seems too easy, be cautious. If you've got a job without ever having a face to face interview in person, then what you're being offered isn't a job.

Feeling really delighted after your valuable response :D
As you depicted that you're a retired professional and if I'm not wrong you might have a good experience with such recruiting firms and if it is so, then it would be really great if you could suggest me any one of those?

Mike Willes